Betting on WMMA

Never a more appropriate time and place to post @piglord's t-shirt:

LGeCOcO.jpg

I might seriously get that.

Focus-

I love betting on WMMA and advocate it at every opportunity. The skill level is much lower than the men, and there are no random, violent knockouts, so the variance is much lower, making fights more predictable.

I used to bet 2006-2010, but took a long hiatus from seriously following the sport from 2010 until May of this year. Having bet now for 2 months, if most people haven't noticed, I have largely stuck to WMMA and men's heavyweights, only slowly and gradually dipping my pool into other fights. It's easier and requires less study and knowledge.

I understand betting better than you bro,

It turns for me - uninteresting squash matches into something slightly more interesting. Being jacked and rich, thats all I care about.

You dont even understand the very basics, you already brainfarted that clearly in your first post, without you even knowing it. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I might seriously get that.

Focus-

I love betting on WMMA and advocate it at every opportunity. The skill level is much lower than the men, and there are no random, violent knockouts, so the variance is much lower, making fights more predictable.

I used to bet 2006-2010, but took a long hiatus from seriously following the sport from 2010 until May of this year. Having bet now for 2 months, if most people haven't noticed, I have largely stuck to WMMA and men's heavyweights, only slowly and gradually dipping my pool into other fights. It's easier and requires less study and knowledge.
lol

only bets on wmma because of no random freak ko's

also bets on mens heavyweight

15955993.jpg

Money on Nunes for starters.
Why Nunes? What makes u think that she can win against the highly technical Cyborg we saw in her last couple of fights? Cyborg is like a blown up version of Valentina at this point which Nunes went to a split with. Nunes offence might just be cancelled after a round of Cyborg getting here rythm and starting to counter effictivly.

Why Nunes? What makes u think that she can win against the highly technical Cyborg we saw in her last couple of fights? Cyborg is like a blown up version of Valentina at this point which Nunes went to a split with.

What fights are you watching? From a purely technical perspective, Cyborg is arguably worse than Nunes (there are certainly specific things she does worse), nor is she anywhere close to being the elusive counterpuncher that Valentina is. Her main advantages are being bigger and more muscular.

Claiming Cyborg is a "blown up version of Valentina" is an utterly bizarre comparison, like saying Wanderlei Silva is a blown up Lyoto Machida.

I lose more on WMMA than anything else. Botelho? Supposed to be a beast, get's fucking subbed r1. Chookigan? Get's rekt by the biggest can on the UFC, Jessica Eye. And so on...

What fights are you watching? From a purely technical perspective, Cyborg is arguably worse than Nunes (there are certainly specific things she does worse), nor is she anywhere close to being the elusive counterpuncher that Valentina is. Her main advantages are being bigger and more muscular.

Claiming Cyborg is a "blown up version of Valentina" is an utterly bizarre comparison, like saying Wanderlei Silva is a blown up Lyoto Machida.

It was a bit Extreme to compare Valentina and Cyborg, but what I was trying to say is that Cyborg has a big chance of making Nunes hesitant With here Counters making it a technical fight which I think Cyborg wins IMO. Imo Cyborg is better technician than Nunes.. some of the Counters she got off on Holly Holm was just Incredible and the way she used here jab for creating distance and measuring was very good.
What fights Im basing my opinion on is Cyborg vs Holy and Cyborg vs Evinger.. Previouse Cyborg fights is pretty much she running across the octagon throwing lopping strikes until her opponents fall. If Cyborg was fighting like she was back then I would pick Nunes all day.

U didnt see Cyborg making huge technical improovements in Cyborg vs Holm and Cyborg vs Evinger?

You mean 0.1% probability. :D

This is like saying you saw fighter on the punching bag being wild and unstructured and next session he was much more composed and technical... on the bag.
This doesn't mean much, man. It's fucking Holm, who fought like she was scared for her life and she does not have any hands, she is just a good athlete. She was coming from a win over Bethe, before that 3 straight losses. How much can you measure Cyborg's improvements in a vacuum? And I can't really rate her Evinger win at all. We saw Ladd (!) finishing her lot faster. And Ladd is not technical at all.

I think Cyborg's grappling is a big liability. Nunes can take her down and submit her. This fight is much closer than the odds indicate.

Holms is a very bad fighter and is always scared for here life when stepping in there. I looked at the Holm and Evinger fight as a way of Cyborg to display here new approach to fighting all though here opponent didnt represent great opposission Cyborg stayd cool calm and collected and picked here opponents a part in a way I havnt seen here do before. Mabey its not worth anything since here opposission was shit.... but I think those fights was the beginning of Cyborg starting to become a patient and controlled fighter looking for counters, mabey not only looking for counters like Valentina. Thanks for youre reply, now we have to wait and see...

tumblr_oclhotPTfi1rofocqo1_500.gif

RIP Bec Rawlings circle jerk.

I must have been one of the few on Paige ITD for that one, though I obviously had zero idea it would play out that dramatically. Paige might not be elite but Rawlings has always been pretty dire in all fairness...

And Polar, this was a bad example from him. Because Paige was big fav to win this fight. This sudden knockout with which she won a fight she was losing on the scorecards (maybe, it was close) was not a surprise for the bookie. It was a surprising outcome and method of winning, but she still won as a favourite.

Perfect example would be some underdog, who everybody bet against to win via sudden knockout. I don't think something like that ever happened in WMMA. If there is shocking knockout it is from the girl that was favourite all along. And this situations it's not a shocking knockout, more like expected to happen...

Even the Rose win over Joanna (1st time) was not sudden knockout. She was not losing the fight until she won it. She was owning her ass from the get go.

Indeed. Even knockouts from Nunes and Cyborg are prolonged beatings, not random, sudden fight-ending blows.

A more volatile, high variance element in WMMA is random subs.

Consider Yanan Wu's big upset victory over Lauren Mueller or Calvillo's win right at the end of the first round against Poliana Botelho (ugh) among recent matches.

My favourite part about wmma is scrolling through twitter during the fights. Not a single tweet saying anything positive yet we are still stuck with it in the ufc. Dissolve to Invicta

My favourite part about wmma is scrolling through twitter during the fights. Not a single tweet saying anything positive yet we are still stuck with it in the ufc. Dissolve to Invicta

Yet another thing we can blame Ronda Rousey for.

Back