Betting Questions

Hey guys,

I´m curious, what kind of research/prep do you do before you make your bets? And how much do you usually do? I´ve heard of people just looking at the card, and other people spending 40+ hours a week on it like a fulltime job watching every fight of a fighter and interviews etc.

What kind of stuff do you recommend to do? And how much?
I don't watch as much tape as the others on here and I don't watch every fight card so I'm not as skilled at picking the underdogs but I also look at the percentages and trends of UFC fights. About 70% of the time the favorite wins the fight for example. You do need to win some underdogs too but not as often. Last year I was shocked to see GSP was the underdog against Bisping so I put a lot of money on GSP and it paid off. Also as most know, a knockout is much more likely with heavyweights vs WMMA. So betting under 1.5 rounds is a much bigger risk on WMMA than on the heavyweight men. You can also look at how often a first round stoppage occurs when a fighter is a -600 favorite and use that information to bet. That's risky though because you might have someone like Usman who wins all of his fights but goes to a decision. So you can look at the numbers in addition to the fighters and their styles.

Lots of money is involved, so it’s hard to be a winning bettor even if it’s your passion. Maybe that is even the problem, betting as a mma fan. I find it much easier to bet fights I’m not passionate about.
I like the sport of MMA but don't get emotional about any fighter. The only exceptions might be Amanda Nunes and Rose Namajunas. I really dislike Amanda and like (a very limited amount) Rose. Still if I think Amanda is going to win I would put money on her. I know my money or my watching the fight has no effect at all on the outcome. I'm pretty unemotional about all pro sports.

What is the easiest/safest way to make a deposit to Ohmbet? The don’t take credit cards or cryptocurrencies. I have a Skrill account, but stopped using it since they started to charge a monthly fee.

What is the easiest/safest way to make a deposit to Ohmbet? The don’t take credit cards or cryptocurrencies. I have a Skrill account, but stopped using it since they started to charge a monthly fee.

Paysafe cards made it very simple. Check their website to find an outlet near you, most gas stations sell them. I was able to buy in $250 increments with an $8 fee per

Paysafe cards made it very simple. Check their website to find an outlet near you, most gas stations sell them. I was able to buy in $250 increments with an $8 fee per
Thanks! Looks like quite a few retailers carry them over here too.

Weird, there was no fee at buying or sending credit by Paysafe. Pretty good product!
<mma4>

Do they do rizin fights ???

mod edit: poster asking about bovada

Last edited by a moderator:

When did skrill start to charge a monthly fee? They never charged me anything
Their website reads this: "Your Skrill Account is free for personal use as long as you login or make a transaction at least every 12 months.

If you don't do this, a service fee of EUR 3.00 (or equivalent) will be deducted monthly from the funds in your account."

Their website reads this: "Your Skrill Account is free for personal use as long as you login or make a transaction at least every 12 months.

If you don't do this, a service fee of EUR 3.00 (or equivalent) will be deducted monthly from the funds in your account."
I used Skrill last summer but got an email late 2017 that they will start charging a monthly fee.

A lot of people use ''unit/u'' when they bet, how much is the standard ''unit'' if there is such a standard?

How much is a unit for you? Is this a very personal question or something you guys would share?

Just interested in how much people are betting in general, thanks!

A lot of people use ''unit/u'' when they bet, how much is the standard ''unit'' if there is such a standard?

How much is a unit for you? Is this a very personal question or something you guys would share?

Just interested in how much people are betting in general, thanks!

a unit should be about 1% of a person's betting bankroll. but it's a standardized (personal) measure of bet sizing.

the best thing i can say is: understand how a person bets consistently to know how much the amount of units matters

a unit should be about 1% of a person's betting bankroll. but it's a standardized (personal) measure of bet sizing.

the best thing i can say is: understand how a person bets consistently to know how much the amount of units matters

Oh ok, thanks for the reply.

It was much less than what I thought, so if a person's betting roll is 1000 USD, then 1u is 10 USD.

Most people put 1u or 2u on matches, from what I've seen. You basically don't win any money... if that's the case.
Most people might have bigger bankroll than 1000 USD tho.

My bad, looks like I got Skrill and Entropay mails mixed up.

When a book limits you and you decide to withdraw your whole bankroll, will they put a stop to it?

When a book limits you and you decide to withdraw your whole bankroll, will they put a stop to it?

not unless you have opted into a promotion that requires a certain amount of rollover to be met. or if a book requires you to wager deposited funds once but that is very rare for books do that anymore. otherwise it's illegal for them to do so.

not unless you have opted into a promotion that requires a certain amount of rollover to be met. or if a book requires you to wager deposited funds once but that is very rare for books do that anymore. otherwise it's illegal for them to do so.
I know Betsafe do that. They recently cancelled one of my withdrawals because I hadn't wagered my entire deposit.

I know Betsafe do that. They recently cancelled one of my withdrawals because I hadn't wagered my entire deposit.

weird, they don't for me. maybe it's only from certain countries. comeon.com do I know but they are a garbage book

weird, they don't for me. maybe it's only from certain countries. comeon.com do I know but they are a garbage book
It's actually in their terms & conditions, but I assume they apply it more liberally with smaller withdrawals. It took a bigger one for me to trigger that.

In fact you'd never know Betsafe were a good book reading their T's & C's, there's some horrific stuff in there.

Is there a calculator online to figure out how to make an ”ends in R3” bet combining ”x wins R3” and ”y wins R3” bets for flat amount (and what odds do I get)? Or how do I do the math myself?

Is there a calculator online to figure out how to make an ”ends in R3” bet combining ”x wins R3” and ”y wins R3” bets for flat amount (and what odds do I get)? Or how do I do the math myself?

not certain but I expect you'll have to do the math yourself. just make a table on a piece of paper with all the potential outcomes on those bets so basically 3 outcomes/rows: fighter x wins rnd 3, fighter y wins rnd 3 and no one wins rnd 3 then in the columns just enter the bet amount you would win/lose for each outcome and just Talley up beneath. that's how I work out liability if I have many bets placed, or for LB.

Back