Beyond Stranger Things - the Stranger Things after-show

I believe they did this for GOT last season. I tried to watch an episode or two and it was just not good. The hosts were very bland and they didn't have any of the cast or producers on. It was just 2 jabronis.

Yeah, that doesn't seem as interesting. Seeing the cast, directors and producer talk about the show and it's production is what makes it cool.

Don't like this collective jerk off after show, shows are doing these days.

Because it's pointless, and obnoxious. If it was a bit more of an honest discussion, It'd be okay. I just don't get it. You love the show, so now you're going to watch a show about people talking about loving the show, with no dissenting opinions? One for every single episode no less? I like a documentary now and then, or a one and done sit down with the creators and cast, but one for every single episode? Why?

Perhaps this is a bit different the something like "The Talking Dead", but I still don't see the need for 9 hours of the cast and crew sucking each other off, and telling how hard they worked and how amazing they all are. It's like, I get it already. There is only so much insight you can give. Even if I was a super fan, it wouldn't pique my interest too much.

Because it's pointless, and obnoxious. If it was a bit more of an honest discussion, It'd be okay. I just don't get it. You love the show, so now you're going to watch a show about people talking about loving the show, with no dissenting opinions? One for every single episode no less? I like a documentary now and then, or a one and done sit down with the creators and cast, but one for every single episode? Why?

Perhaps this is a bit different the something like "The Talking Dead", but I still don't see the need for 9 hours of the cast and crew sucking each other off, and telling how hard they worked and how amazing they all are. It's like, I get it already. There is only so much insight you can give. Even if I was a super fan, it wouldn't pique my interest too much.

I've never seen The Talking Dead, but Beyond Stranger Things is only seven episodes ranging from 15 minutes to 25 minutes a piece. It's the cast, directors and producer getting together to discuss the show and you learn some interesting things about what went on on set, what the intentions were for certain scenes and story elements, etc. There's also cool random shit, like in the first episode (I think) they briefly show clips from the kids' audition tapes.

I watched a bit of it. I was bored after a couple of minutes.

I could be mistaken I always forgot what his title was! you're probably right!

I have solved the mystery!

Last night I watched episode 3 and apparently he is BOTH an executive producer on the show as well as the director on some episodes.

BTW, they mentioned that the guy who plays Step Bro was the red ranger on Power Rangers for a little while. I was like, Whaaaaaaat?!

I have solved the mystery!

Last night I watched episode 3 and apparently he is BOTH an executive producer on the show as well as the director on some episodes.

BTW, they mentioned that the guy who plays Step Bro was the red ranger on Power Rangers for a little while. I was like, Whaaaaaaat?!

power-rangers.jpg

I think the writers/cast were legit thinking of the 90's power rangers not like the Power Rangers movie that just came out

power-rangers.jpg

I think the writers/cast were legit thinking of the 90's power rangers not like the Power Rangers movie that just came out

Well I know that different people have been the red ranger over the years.

But he was the dude in the movie? Huh. Interesting.

Maybe that'll be enough extra motivation for me to finally sit down and watch that shit. It would be interesting to see him play a different character.

Both S2 and S1 were great.. this season was more action packed imo..

Best scene was were the douche hits on the horny milf

Finished BST earlier today.

I liked it and think it's a good complement to the show, and the episodes are JUST as long as they should be to where they don't wear out their welcome.

It's interesting to hear everyone's take on the show and it's cool to get to see all the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Finished BST earlier today.

I liked it and think it's a good complement to the show, and the episodes are JUST as long as they should be to where they don't wear out their welcome.

It's interesting to hear everyone's take on the show and it's cool to get to see all the behind-the-scenes stuff.

I believe AMC started doing them first

I know that MTV had one for Teen Wolf

So I'm not surprised to see this "After the show" stuff catching on

I believe AMC started doing them first

I know that MTV had one for Teen Wolf

So I'm not surprised to see this "After the show" stuff catching on

I know there's one called The Talking Dead, for The Walking Dead, which as you say is AMC. That's the only other one that I know of.

I like the idea. I learned some cool stuff about this season of Stranger Things by watching the after-show.

I'd like to see them do the same thing for Game of Thrones. I especially think that would be a good idea since this upcoming season will be the last.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there's one called The Talking Dead, for The Walking Dead, which as you say is AMC. That's the only other one that I know it.

I like the idea. I learned some cool stuff about this season of Stranger Things by watching the after-show.

I'd like to see them do the same thing for Game of Thrones. I especially think that would be a good idea since this upcoming season will be the last.

They also had one for Breaking Bad called Talking Bad

Its a cool idea

It's a cool little idea. I think they do the same thing for The Walking Dead--The Talking Dead, I think it's called?--but I don't give a shit about TWD so I've never watched it.

I wonder if more shows are going to do something like this. It would be great for the final season of GoT, but instead of making it a situation where you have to finish the season first, it should just be an episode-by-episode thing. Like, if you've watched the first episode of the show, then you're good to watch the first episode of the after-show.
They had that show, After the Thrones. It's cancelled and now on twitter.

http://deadline.com/2017/06/game-of-thrones-aftershow-moves-hbo-twitter-1202112784/

ATT had some good banter.

Back