Biased's Shenanigans

Morning weight 210.8

Practice consisted of pad work and some light sparring into take downs. The pad work was 3, 5 min hard rounds then the everything else was just low intensity. Thinking about the fight more and more these days, getting excited.

Morning weight 210.5

Grappled 3, 5 min rounds as hard as possible against different guys. Felt great, endurance was fine, never stalled. Didn't get caught any and landed a couple subs. Mostly rear naked chokes and guillotines.

5-21 didn't get a morning weight. Traveled to a nearby gym and grappled around with some guys that invited us out.

5-22 Weighed 212 after practice, had eaten a lot today and was well hydrated. Did 3, 5 minute rounds on the pads really high intensity. Endurance feels good, feeling confident. Need to focus on my diet a little more, kind of been eating whatever the last day or so.

Last edited:
Ate like a bird today, drank 2 gallons of water. Weight is at 215, I ate plenty this weekend unfortunately but some of the weight is from water.

Did 4, 5 min rounds on the bag at my house just getting in a good sweat.

211 this morning, so looking forward to this cut. Usually I'm about 12-13 lbs away at this time compared to the 16 I'm at right now.

2 gallons of water also today

Did 4, 5 minute rounds hitting pads. First round was light and a warm up. The last 3 were to get in a good sweat and simulate the fight. Worked pretty hard. Then grappled a few rounds after, I was landing high elbow guillotines left and right. Felt good.

1 gallon of water today, 210 when I woke up, 208 immediately after practice. Held pads for guys and did 3, 5 min rounds myself. Did some take downs off the cage and defending take downs off the cage and getting back up using the cage if taken down.

Down to 206, half gallon of water today.

More pad work and bag work 4, 5 min rounds. Didn't really eat anything today but pad work seemed fine. Endurance for being half starved was pretty good.

Also found out I got into a pta program today. Which was good, I needed some good news to help out with this cut.

Weight is about 204, 9 lbs over my catch weight of 195. Did some light pad work and light boxing sparring today to get some sweat going.

Drank 1/4 gallon of water today or less, last bit I used to make a stout coffee. Cut out all my liquids before practice so about 5 pm.

Sauna in the morning, oh how I hate you.

Weight cut sucked, lost 4 lbs the night before with a hot bath, couldn't sleep (2 hours) and went to the sauna in the morning to lose the last 4.

Used the lb allowance of my catch weight and weighed in at 195.8

Re-hydrated and ate too much. :redface:

Well really crappy deal.. My opponent showed up to weigh ins Friday, made weight, filled out forms, paid for his license and we took pictures for the promotion squared off and chatted slightly.

Saturday he didn't show up and he had his phone turned off so all calls to him went to voice mail.

Really sucked because I had a lot of friends and family out to see me for my pro debut. On top of that, the weight cut was awful. I still got my show pay, so there's that. I would have rather fought for free though.

Edit: 300

Last edited:
I've basically taken this entire week off which is uncharacteristic of me. Usually back in the gym the Monday after my fight, I've just been kind of bummed about how all this went down.

Good news is I have two different promoters that want me on a card in August. So that cheered me up a little, still a long time to go though.

I ballooned up to 231.4, just been eating a lot. This is the highest I have been probably ever, any way I think I'll go back to 205 for my next fights. That was a really tough cut.

I'll start back to practice Monday, no more binging either starting today. The plan is to walk around at about 215 and fight at 205. Headed to the gym now to get what I call a "beach muscles" lift.

Last edited:
Hey, sorry to hear about your fight. Hopefully you can find another opponent pretty quick.

First day back to practice.

2 rounds of hitting pads and I was exhausted haha.
Although we are moving gyms and the air conditioning is off so it was really hot.

Also practiced a side kick a little bit, which I am completely awful at. Also everyone wants to throw hook kicks now after Shawn Jordan.

Training partner of mine has a fight this weekend so we are just trying to make sure he's ready and kind of focused on him right now.

Weight is about 223 right now.

Practiced my kicks today, gym is all tore up from moving stuff hardly any one there. Hit some pads and held some pads.

Worked on some southpaw boxing.
Notes: I need to really work on my left cross, feels weak.

Held some pads and then helped move the mats to the new gym.

Weight is about 222, I have an opponent for August 22nd whose 2-2 and supposed to be really good at jiu jitsu. Also I am on a card august 1st, but no opponent set up for me yet.

Worked on ending combinations with a kick. Did 3, 5 min rounds of pad work pretty hard. Held pads a bit.

Worked shovel punches and body hook counter punches.
Then from the body to head.

Coach pointed out I'm dropping my right hand during every left hook. Must fix that.

Finished off with 3, 5 min rounds of pad work 2 rounds were just hands and last round was just kicks.

Put in some work today, was exhausted.

Taught a guard pass, then to mount and an escape to a couple of completely green guys.

Then practiced how to get people off your back with hooks in, then a guard pass that gets the ankle/ leg caught to capoeira (spell check) pass to mount.

Then rolled a few 3 min rounds. Endurance felt great, really flowed today.

Okay got a fight against a 3-3 guy in late August confirmed, just signed the contract yesterday.

Also trying to get a match August 1st, still no word on that yet. Super pumped and going to hit the gym hard today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back