Biased's Shenanigans

Worked on uppercuts and a lot of combinations using uppercuts. High intensity for 30 seconds and rest for 30 seconds. Many rounds I don't know.

Got in a bunch of kicks, just slamming body and leg kicks for several rounds, same interval type practice as the above.

Also worked a jab, slip their right, left hook, right straight, to plum using left hand behind head and right hand checking their left hand, knee, check off to leg kick. That was a lot of fun and finished wearing me out.

Then just 100% technique: practiced side kicks, turning side kicks and jumping back kick? Or jumping spinning back kick I don't remember what it's name was. Any way, very fun practice.

Last edited:
Worked long knees to the body, keeping my hands in the proper places and leaning back far enough. Stepping in knees and knees when someone steps in aggressively. Involved a bit of footwork. Was challenging but fun.

Reviewed the things we worked on yesterday. Uppercuts and slipping in elbows. Didn't review the kicks.

Morning:

Hang cleans 10x45, 6x135, 4x155, 4x175, 2x200
Squats with 2, 55 lb dumbbells 4x6
Deadlift 10x135, 6x225, 6x285
Bench 10x190, 6x230

Evening:

10 mins skipping rope
5 mins shadow boxing
100 body kicks each side on thai pads, then held for same
Slipping jab drill
Slipping 1,2 drill and countering with hook
Slipping 1,2 left hook, right hook to countering

Worked on techniques fighting a southpaw:

Lead right
Keeping the left foot outside their right foot
Hand fighting
Kick to the body

Bench 531 style from app on my phone

Last set was 7 reps of 225
Then did some hang cleans because they are fun

Lot of padwork today.

Basically pad work walking a guy down and the footwork with it or backing away.

Like 1,3,2, left high kick walking them down or stepping into the kick.

Practice today was striking into take downs-
double legs and trips mostly.

Also worked on a lead uppercut quite a bit, jabbing into a lead uppercut and following with a right cross. Focus on mechanics of the uppercut and faking the right hand into the uppercut, also footwork.

Also hit pads for like 20 mins straight no rest kind of for funzies. Felt good, endurance was great. Going probably 70%.

Last edited:
Jogged 2 miles

Did some cleans sets of 3 @ 115,135,155,175,195x2

Stretched a boat load

Hit the bag for about 5 mins then got in some sparring.

First round really light, then each round it seemed like we were getting going faster and having fun. Lost track of rounds.

Was a lot of fun, hadn't sparred in a while and felt good. Teep to midsection was money, I may have to do that more often. Also stepping in with a knee when they come in was landing in the gut very often. Will work on that more often as well.

Early morning workout: Upper body focus-

Push presses
Bench
Dumbbell over head press
Cleans again, worked up to 195 3x3 at the end

Finished off with a prowler rope pull and push back several times

Evening: held pads for a few people and got in 4, 5 min rounds myself. Already getting sore from earlier, hamstrings mostly.

Last edited:
1 mile run

Help set up some new bags and help drill the holes where the stands can be bolted to the floor.

Held pads and taught some basics on how to beat a southpaw

Did some pad work my self. 3, 5 min rounds.

Edit: I am going to a more established mma gym all next week to get some quality training in. Kind of a vacation for me.

Found out today I got an opponent for August 1st, guess we will try this whole pro debut thing over again. It's at 205, I also think I may be the co main event (small show).

Weight is about 218-220

Last edited:
Just spent a week at a well known mma fighters gym. 2 a days every day except Friday. Was a lot of fun, bruised up and a little sore but fantastic experience. Got to spar and grapple with some top notch fighters. Didn't want to leave.

Learned a lot and kept notes of what I learned so I can go back and practice things.

Tomorrow I'm headed out of state again to visit some family for about 5 days.

217 lbs currently.

Finally back today.

Worked some half guard techniques, also arm in guillotines to anaconda choke and a guard pass off butterfly guard.

Then we rolled for about 30 mins, fairly light day. Ribs are pretty sore. Flowed really well regardless, just toughed it out.

Weight is about 216.

Taught a women's beginner kickboxing class for about an hour

Then when I was done went and worked escaping mount to half guard, to a sweep/single leg.

Got in some good grappling for about 30 mins then some guys wanted to spar so I got in 3, 5 min rounds.

Any hot females in that kickboxing class?

Any hot females in that kickboxing class?

One isn't bad. Mostly married women that are looking into a fun way of getting into shape. It's growing though, just started it like a week ago.

Worked on entries into take downs today from striking. Mostly jab,jab, slip their counter into a double.

Then a little light sparring with focus on defensive mechanics. Light practice.

Missing practice today.

Weight is 222.4 after a big meal and a bunch of water in the evening.

Today is a Wednesday, my fight is @ 205lbs August 1st, weigh in the night before. So about 9 days ish that's 17.4 lbs. I get a 1 lb allowance so 16.4 and I ate heavy today so I will be lighter tomorrow. Regardless will get more strict on quantity of food. Will get a more accurate measure first thing in the morning.

220.2 was my morning weight if I remember correctly.

Taught a women's beginner kickboxing class for an hour.

Focus on head movement today. I suck at it and have for a while. Really putting in a lot of effort into it in the last 2 weeks, some slip drills.

Then held some pads for a teammate then did 3, 5 min rounds about as hard as I could. Started to gas about 2.5 rounds in. Felt good otherwise.

Yesterday: Watched tape on my opponent, did some core workouts and shadow boxed at my house. Got a good sweat and a good stretch.

Today: I have eaten 1 egg, 1 pickle and about a cup of mixed nuts. 3 coffees and a couple glasses of water and I weigh 219.6

Forgot to get a morning weight again. Pfft.

Going to go watch the movie southpaw this evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back