Biased's Shenanigans

About 216.5 after practice and had some scrambled eggs and bacon I am probably going to pay for later. Will most likely fast 90% of tomorrow depending on what I weigh when I wake up.

Taught a single today, then hit pads for 2, 5 min rounds. Had no energy for it, hadn't ate at that point yet. So I was feeling the lack of food.

Thursday night I was about 218:redface: so I did a couple rounds in the sauna that night.

Friday: Had class all day, when I got out I was about 213-14. Sauna until I hit 205.9, scale at the promotion said 202, thoroughly ticked off about that. Every one weighed 2-4 under so I believe the promotions scale was off. Opponent made weight and got a stare down picture with me.

Saturday: Re hydrated to 223 ish. Opponent showed up, stayed for the fighter meeting and disappeared. Had his phone turned off, manager and training partners didn't know where he went either. MMA sucks.

I forgot all my stuff so I ended up doing a few rounds just kicking thai pads.
Lumped up my team mates forearms, so probably should use different thai pads next time lol.

Talks of a match in October, so here's hoping for that.

Sparred pretty hard today. About 5, 5 minute rounds. Landed a couple head kicks and some nice punches, mostly counter hooks and slipped a bunch of punches. I felt on point today.

Yesterday: Took turns holding thai pads back and forth

Today: Worked on question mark kick and setting up knees. Did a couple of rounds on thai pads and several rounds on the bag. Rubbed a bit of skin off my feet.

Sparred boxing only about 5, 5's. Focus on trying to land the left hook to the body.

Endurance seems pretty good.

Got in a lift.
Squats
Rows
Calf raises
leg curls
abs

Just doing what I felt I am weak in and just having fun.
224 lbs

Got coached up on the plum and knees for a long time today. My neck is already getting stiff from all the work on each other. Mostly how to use the plum to off balance the opponent and landing a quick knee and then checking out or immediately setting up the other knee.

Some bag work for a few rounds

Finished with 3 sets of 20 kicks to the bag each leg

Exhausting but I realized my recovery is getting much better during breaks.

220 when I got home

Light sparring with focus on head movement and cutting off the cage. Not a great practice, pretty wore out.

Yesterday:

.5 mile jog
Crap ton of pushups, abs, air squats
5, 2 min rounds of bag work
Several rounds of head movement and slipping drills. Pretty tough workout

Today: Pretty sore, most likely take today off.

Took Thurs and Friday off.
Lifted weights and some cardio on Saturday.
Sunday hit the bag for 4 or 5 rounds and skipped some rope, got a good sweat
Monday (today) morning sparred 8, 5 min rounds. Really pushed the pace. Felt great.

Missed practice Tues and Wednesday because of time constraints, made me pretty sad.

Thursday (Sept 9) - Did a bunch of head movement and body shot drills, blocking body shots and countering. Good practice, wasn't a killer but learned some things.

Friday - Sparred, probably around 5, 5's or so switching in and out. Got some more practice against a southpaw and I am liking that ball of the foot kick to the body Conor used against Mendes.

Today- Planning on lifting some weights and then watching Mayweather-Berto

Super busy lately with school and my clinical rotation. Had 3 tests yesterday, clinical all day today and then 2 tests tomorrow I haven't studied for yet. Still got my workouts in.

Monday: Worked on picking off punches with forearms and elbow blocks into finding an opening or counter shot. Then light spar after with that in mind.

Today: Hit thai pads for 4, 5 min rounds. Then held for the same and taught some philly shell stuff.

Practiced a bunch of TKD kicks, was a nice change and a lot of fun. Butt and hips going to be sore I think.

Took the 17th off, hip was super sore.
18th Practiced countering a southpaw and just did a bunch of drills, cardio seemed good.

Today will be lifting some weights, cleans most likely and whatever else I feel like playing with.

Sitting about 225, fighting at a catch weight next weekend.

Mon- Bunch of grappling, shark tanks
Tues- Did some blocking and countering drills like a light spar
Wednesday- we had a group roll in from out of town I am friends with that was wanting to spar. So got in like 7 or 8 rounds with various people I am not used to. Was very fun.
Thurs- off
Today- just hit some thai pads and got in a good sweat

Had a good fight week, didn't have to cut weight so I just worked on getting in light rounds and getting a good sweat and helping teammates on the card. Had to cut 2.5 lbs in the sauna on Friday (easy). Opponent weighed in 5lbs over the agreed catch weight which was fine with me. Saturday I slept and layed around all day, got a good warm up before the fight. Felt great, won by sub in the first. No injuries, didn't even get hit. Gonna be fat for a couple days then on to the next.

Monday: Taught a women's kickboxing class, then took turns hitting thai pads. Got a good sweat in.

Today: Worked on southpaw stuff. Practiced my left cross a million times. Did 4 rounds on the bag all southpaw. Then we played around and tried to figure out the lead leg question mark kick Magomedov was using against Jordan.

Sore from all the SP crosses. Taught some kickboxing today. Pretty tired didn't sleep much at all last night. Practiced some arm bar defense and triangle defense/ escapes. Went home, pretty easy day.

About 228 lbs, gotta start leaning up for 205, got a match scheduled for next month.

Did cross fit today, was exhausting. I will definitely be sore tomorrow.

Back