Big 2018’ Showtime schedule released

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
April 7, Venue TBD: Erislandy Lara vs. Jarrett Hurd for Lara’s WBA, IBO and Hurd’s IBF super welterweight titles.

April 21, Barclays Center, Brooklyn: Adrien Broner vs. Omar Figueroa; Gervonta Davis vs. TBA.

May 19, Barclays Center, Brooklyn: Keith Thurman vs. TBA for Thurman’s WBA/WBC welterweight titles. (Jessie Vargas rumored)

May 19, Venue TBD, Quebec, Canada: Adonis Stevenson vs. Badou Jack for Stevenson’s WBC light heavyweight title.

June 9, Venue TBD, Los Angeles: Leo Santa Cruz vs. Abner Mares for Santa Cruz’s WBA featherweight title; Jermell Charlo vs. TBA for Charlo’s WBC super welterweight title.

June 16, Venue TBD, Dallas: Errol Spence Jr. vs. TBA for Spence’s IBF welterweight title.(Carlos Ocampo ordered by the IBF)

Three events that already have been announced were part of Wednesday’s program as well. Those fights included:

February 17, Mandalay Bay Events Center, Las Vegas: Danny Garcia vs. Brandon Rios, welterweights; David Benavidez vs. Ronald Gavril for Benavidez’s WBC super middleweight title.

March 3, Barclays Center, Brooklyn: Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz for Wilder’s WBC heavyweight title; Jermall Charlo vs. Huge Centeno Jr. for the WBC interim middleweight title.

March 10, The Alamodome, San Antonio: Sergey Lipinets vs. Mikey Garcia for Lipinets’ IBF junior welterweight title; Rances Barthelemy vs. Kyril Relikh for the WBA super lightweight title.

http://www.boxingscene.com/broner-figueroa-stevenson-jack-lara-hurd-set-showtime--124600

April 7, Venue TBD: Erislandy Lara vs. Jarrett Hurd for Lara’s WBA, IBO and Hurd’s IBF super welterweight titles.

April 21, Barclays Center, Brooklyn: Adrien Broner vs. Omar Figueroa; Gervonta Davis vs. TBA.

May 19, Barclays Center, Brooklyn: Keith Thurman vs. TBA for Thurman’s WBA/WBC welterweight titles. (Jessie Vargas rumored)

May 19, Venue TBD, Quebec, Canada: Adonis Stevenson vs. Badou Jack for Stevenson’s WBC light heavyweight title.

June 9, Venue TBD, Los Angeles: Leo Santa Cruz vs. Abner Mares for Santa Cruz’s WBA featherweight title; Jermell Charlo vs. TBA for Charlo’s WBC super welterweight title.

June 16, Venue TBD, Dallas: Errol Spence Jr. vs. TBA for Spence’s IBF welterweight title.(Carlos Ocampo ordered by the IBF)

Three events that already have been announced were part of Wednesday’s program as well. Those fights included:

February 17, Mandalay Bay Events Center, Las Vegas: Danny Garcia vs. Brandon Rios, welterweights; David Benavidez vs. Ronald Gavril for Benavidez’s WBC super middleweight title.

March 3, Barclays Center, Brooklyn: Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz for Wilder’s WBC heavyweight title; Jermall Charlo vs. Huge Centeno Jr. for the WBC interim middleweight title.

March 10, The Alamodome, San Antonio: Sergey Lipinets vs. Mikey Garcia for Lipinets’ IBF junior welterweight title; Rances Barthelemy vs. Kyril Relikh for the WBA super lightweight title.

http://www.boxingscene.com/broner-figueroa-stevenson-jack-lara-hurd-set-showtime--124600
6.5-7/10 not bad

Other great fights on the horizon from other networks etc

Pretty solid stretch of fights there. I think Jack ends Stevensons run as fake champ.

Showtime must have a strict NO ASIANS policy or something. <Durant35>

Some good fights in there but tired of seeing the same guys, HBO and Top Rank both been switching it up. SHO falling deeper and deeper into the PBC hole.

Showtime must have a strict NO ASIANS policy or something. <Durant35>

Some good fights in there but tired of seeing the same guys, HBO and Top Rank both been switching it up. SHO falling deeper and deeper into the PBC hole.
{<doc}

HBO got GGG and Superfly on top of their Mexican/American talent led by Golden Boy, and plenty of Russians too. Top Rank got some Asians in there and Beterbiev.

I wanna see some diversity in there, not on some political bullshit but i genuinely enjoy watching Eastern fighters. You think im not gonna cape for some Japanese, Thai guys who always bring the action?

PBC don't even want their fighters to unify their belts, but that's all the HBO fighters are doing at LHW. PBC Stevenson the only one duckin and dodging his contender forget a unification. HBO been unifying MW too.

I'm a fan of SHO historically, and they have my favorite commentary team, but their cards have been going downhill.

HBO got GGG and Superfly on top of their Mexican/American talent led by Golden Boy, and plenty of Russians too. Top Rank got some Asians in there and Beterbiev.

I wanna see some diversity in there, not on some political bullshit but i genuinely enjoy watching Eastern fighters. You think im not gonna cape for some Japanese, Thai guys who always bring the action?

PBC don't even want their fighters to unify their belts, but that's all the HBO fighters are doing at LHW. PBC Stevenson the only one duck and dodging his contender forget a unification.

It's difficult because of so many moving parts on PBC. I can't say much on that.

Hard to get them at the Barclay center but no bullshit I will pass that along. I don't disagree with the fact that we've seen a lot of FOTY candidates come out of Asian fighters. It's not a racial bias though. I wanted to clear that up.

Showtime Boxing is ahead of every other channel right now.

Golden boy is dry of talent and Canelo fights PPV only. That’s leaves them with Linares and a few mismatches like the mattyse fight soon.

Top rank is doing well on ESPN but Arum stated that Crawford vs Horn is PPV? Lol that shit is not selling

I know PBC sometimes don’t go the route we fans want but they have the most talented roster and they are with showtime and fox

Daniel Jacobs jumps ship to hbo and his first fight as a complete bs. So not only PBC does this.

It's difficult because of so many moving parts on PBC. I can't say much on that.

Hard to get them at the Barclay center but no bullshit I will pass that along. I don't disagree with the fact that we've seen a lot of FOTY candidates come out of Asian fighters. It's not a racial bias though. I wanted to clear that up.

They have 6 of the 8 belts at 147 and 154, and we only got one unification. I understand Thurman is out and Spence wants him, but why wasn't Lara, Charlo and Hurd fighting each other? They did an event where all 3 of them fought the same night....but not against each other. I believe Lara was the main event, and it was a SLEEPER. At least that card was stacked on paper (3 titles), majority of the PBC cards have been pure garbage that no one even asked for. Glad they're finally doing the unification; i assume Lara killed any probability of being a headliner after that, so now the unification is all that's left to squeeze.

But lets gets back to SHO, you are correct Asians do put out some FOTY events. Too much action on HBO, too much snoozefests on SHO these days, sadly. Deontay Wilder is bomb though.

If you are really connected to SHO (?), then let them know about Kanat Islam, a Kazakh fighter who'll get a WBA TS soon. He hits hard. Let them know about the Japanese fighters. Fuck, why don't they sign a deal with Fuji TV/TBS to air their respective December 30 & 31 cards on tape delay? Good ole Mauro can call the action!...Like old times sake. Don't even need to fly, just dub it in studio. Those usually have 3 title bouts a piece.

Showtime Boxing is ahead of every other channel right now.

Golden boy is dry of talent and Canelo fights PPV only. That’s leaves them with Linares and a few mismatches like the mattyse fight soon.

Top rank is doing well on ESPN but Arum stated that Crawford vs Horn is PPV? Lol that shit is not selling

I know PBC sometimes don’t go the route we fans want but they have the most talented roster and they are with showtime and fox

Daniel Jacobs jumps ship to hbo and his first fight as a complete bs. So not only PBC does this.

They all cherry pick. Top Rank just put on Ramirez vs Ahmed, a guy who i cannot find a single video online. And they got Ancajas fighting like his 3rd can in his last 4 fights, ended up pushing Inoue to move up. Pac shouldn't even have fought Horn over Khan.

Golden Boy got too many Mexican newbs filling their undercards. I've complained about that too.

My issues are three: (1) unifications, and (2) diversity in talent, and (3) good matchmaking

I wanna see the best fighters from the world, not just the United States and Cuba and the odd Brit. So i need to see them Asians and Russians, and who ever else you can get. PBC failed at both unifications and diversity last year. At least Top Rank and [HBO] got the [first and] second part right, and delivered some heavy action bouts.

They have 6 of the 8 belts at 147 and 154, and we only got one unification. I understand Thurman is out and Spence wants him, but why wasn't Lara, Charlo and Hurd fighting each other? They did an event where all 3 of them fought the same night....but not against each other. I believe Lara was the main event, and it was a SLEEPER. At least that card was stacked on paper (3 titles), majority of the PBC cards have been pure garbage that no one even asked for. Glad they're finally doing the unification; i assume Lara killed any probability of being a headliner after that, so now the unification is all that's left to squeeze.

But lets gets back to SHO, you are correct Asians do put out some FOTY events. Too much action on HBO, too much snoozefests on SHO these days, sadly. Deontay Wilder is bomb though.

If you are really connected to SHO (?), then let them know about Kanat Islam, a Kazakh fighter who'll get a WBA TS soon. He hits hard. Let them know about the Japanese fighters. Fuck, why don't they sign a deal with Fuji TV/TBS to air their respective December 30 & 31 cards on tape delay? Good ole Mauro can call the action!...Like old times sake. Don't even need to fly, just dub it in studio. Those usually have 3 title bouts a piece.
Hurd is fighting Lara next and Lubin fought Charlo, so I cant complain too much.

I think they truly fucked up the 126. You have Santa vs Mares taking tune-ups in October because of inactivity, only to have more inactivity until June. Then you have Gary Russell Jr, the OTHER champion, fighting bums less than once a year.

Back