Big Brother: Police Commission approves controversial year-long test of drones by LAPD

How are they going to be used? If blanket patrol duty then fuck that invasion of privacy the people have a right to be upset.

If it's to keep tabs when pursuing a suspect, or cover ground on a man hunt, or used for some recon on a SWAT operation then I see this being a good tool

Sounds like they really took the wishes of their constituents to heart.

if you aren't breaking any laws i don't see a reason to be upset :)

you live "at" los angeles huh... is english not your first language? probably a good place for you to live then.

that part.
This is sherdog , perfect grammar is not required . A big f u to you sir

As long as they arent flying over my property I dont really care

the sting ray is like 100x worse

Last edited:
If you're gonna violate my rights, at least do it in an entertaining fashion.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
I hope he named his drone Catsup.

well, it's LAPD, they love to fly, and maybe this saves some money. I live by one of the busiest freeways on earth and it's like every other day there's an accident with a chopper nearby, so if this saves the chopper trip, it may be worth it.

on another note, LA propers crime rate is horrible. At this point, they're welcome to try whatever heavy handed tactic needed.

now a bunch of officers with a high school education can kill us from the air

Another reason suppressors should be legal. Don't wanna wake up your neighbors while shooting these down.

I've spent more time around LA than any other city and it feels like "home" but between the extremely corrupt democrat monopoly govt and illegal immigration (which in turn basically necessitates a police state) I mourn it like a deceased relative. No desire to return.

To play devils advocate here,

Isn't this a fix for what people have been protesting about? If cops are out targeting young black males, wouldn't these drones catch this behavior on camera, therefore providing evidence of said mistreatment?

Cops have been caught violating peoples' rights on camera already.

They get paid leave for that.

This will only make spying on people much easier.

Fuck California.

Whatever keeps you safe from the consequences of your societal decisions California. Embrace the safety.

What happens in California happens in NY 6 mo later then spreads inland like a contagious disease. They trailblaze the legal precedent in a one-party crony environment with no opposition.

We can't just keep saying "Haha California what a mess" forever. What do we do? Separatist movement?

Cops have been caught violating peoples' rights on camera already.

They get paid leave for that.

This will only make spying on people much easier.

For the record, I don't understand how in 2017 every cop isn't required to wear a body cam. Hell, every criminal has one. Every bystander has one. There's no excuse.

Don't worry these police are here to protect you!

[Supreme Court Disclaimer: they actually have no legal duty to protect you]

Weaponized surveillance satellites/drones have been hovering over the US for many years. These consumer grade police drones are nothing compared to what has been up there since 2012.

Weaponized surveillance satellites/drones have been hovering over the US for many years. These consumer grade police drones are nothing compared to what has been up there since 2012.
giphy.gif

What happens in California happens in NY 6 mo later then spreads inland like a contagious disease. They trailblaze the legal precedent in a one-party crony environment with no opposition.

We can't just keep saying "Haha California what a mess" forever. What do we do? Separatist movement?
Vote, unless you're willing to take up arms and become home grown insurgents.

GW started this shit, taking our rights away from us, then Obama continued it.
Not sure about Trump, he has the attention span of a dog in the middle of a squirrel stampede. He is too busy defending Christmas to worry about our rights. Hopefully someone tells him to scale that shit back.

SCOTUS says no for infrared camera without a warrant

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=93127&page=1

SCOTUS says BOTH no and yes in regards to dogs

"The Supreme Court ruled in a 5-4 decision on Tuesday that a police drug-sniffing dog picking up a scent outside of your home still constitutes a search for which law enforcement would have to obtain a warrant. The ruling may limit how police use animals‘ sensitive noses to detect illicit substances on private property."

BUT,

"Just one month ago, the U.S. Supreme Court expanded the constitutional search powers of police drug-sniffing dogs. In Florida v. Harris, the high court ruled that a police dog’s signal to his handler constituted probable cause to conduct a Fourth Amendment search. In this case, Clayton Harris of Blountstown, Florida, was pulled over by Liberty County sheriffs. When police asked Harris if they could search his truck, he refused. After police dog Aldo smelled a substance on the vehicle’s door handle, police opened Harris’ truck and found materials for making methamphetamine. Harris challenged Aldo’s dependability, and the court heard arguments on whether a “reasonably prudent person” would think there might be drugs in the truck based on Aldo’s alert. But Justice Elena Kagan wrote in her opinion that “a sniff is up to snuff when it meets that test.”"

http://nation.time.com/2013/03/28/s...gs-sniff-can-be-a-fourth-amendment-intrusion/

I wonder what they will say about drones?

Back