Big D: Lomachenko vs Rigo in NYC December 9 on ESPN

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Theater? I think they can do the grand Garden....

Hope it's true. Great technical fight between two two-time gold medalists. I got Loma. Rigo is too small and chinny.

Hopefully if it happens its at 126. I don't see why it should be at 130. Both fighters can make 126 comfortably. I know Rigo said he will come up to 130 but still its too much of an unfair advantage to Loma.

Hopefully this actually comes to fruition. Even with the size difference, this is yet another intriguing fight top cap off what has been a strong year.

@Queen B what fringe benefits do you get from calling fat dan Big D? Just curious, you must get something for attempting to tell the world your boss has a large ding dong?

2017 has been an awesome year for boxing fans, and this is a good fight even despite the size difference. I'd be hoping for Rigondeaux to somehow pull it off, he deserves better than he's gotten in his career

@Queen B what fringe benefits do you get from calling fat dan Big D? Just curious, you must get something for attempting to tell the world your boss has a large ding dong?
maybe it's just for his own sexual thrill?

Yeah I expected this fight when people started talking about Mikey Garcia.

Oh wait. Read it again guys. "Arum says he has deal for opponent."
Translation- Arum is going to offer Rigondeaux 150 dollars to fight lomachenko then claim everyone is ducking him when he fights another c level opponent.

Oh wait. Read it again guys. "Arum says he has deal for opponent."
Translation- Arum is going to offer Rigondeaux 150 dollars to fight lomachenko then claim everyone is ducking him when he fights another c level opponent.

RR said that Rigo needs to take about 110k less. Doesn't sound like a low ball offer to me. I just don't like this at 130. If it was at 126 or no higher than 128 with a rehydration clause then it'd be more fan-friendly. Lomachenko has put on some mass (just not in his legs). The Mikey fight wasn't going to happen after Flanagan got injured or whatever. They weren't going to move Loma up to 135 to fight Mikey being unproven at that weight. Even Mikey said he should win a title there first before challenging him and then they can unify. There's also the fact that Loma is now contracted through ESPN.

RR said that Rigo needs to take about 110k less. Doesn't sound like a low ball offer to me. I just don't like this at 130. If it was at 126 or no higher than 128 with a rehydration clause then it'd be more fan-friendly. Lomachenko has put on some mass (just not in his legs). The Mikey fight wasn't going to happen after Flanagan got injured or whatever. They weren't going to move Loma up to 135 to fight Mikey being unproven at that weight. Even Mikey said he should win a title there first before challenging him and then they can unify. There's also the fact that Loma is now contracted through ESPN.
That is a lowball offer for a big fight like this and you know it. You think Lomachenko will get a comparable purse?

That is a lowball offer for a big fight like this and you know it. You think Lomachenko will get a comparable purse?

Rigo's highest career payday was against Donaire. He made 750k and Donaire made a whole lot more than that, he was paid 1.32 million. When Loma was at 126 they offered Rigo 500k + another 500k (from Loma) if Rigo beat him. This was when no casuals knew who Lomachenko was after only 6 fights (and the loss to Salido). Loma isn't as popular as Donaire then or now. I don't know what they're both getting paid but lately the lowest Loma has been paid is 750k which is what he got in his last fight against Marriaga. Marriaga only got 50k despite moving up to 130 from 126. The highest payday Loma had was against Walters at 1 million.

This is what RR said
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/132884015

Last edited:
Loma isn't going to be able to just bully Rigo, and weight difference or not, win or lose, Rigo WILL earn Loma's respect in there. There's a reason Rigo keeps scoring fast stoppages, he hits hard, at the exact moment you're out of position, when you dont wanna be hit, when you're wide open for it, and don't see it coming, and if he doesn't knock your ass out, you stay down because you want out or your jaw is broken.

It's a great fight, I really cant wait.

Great fight if made.
Was going to add "in before seano shits all over it"
Scrolled down and saw I was too late.

Loma isn't going to be able to just bully Rigo, and weight difference or not, win or lose, Rigo WILL earn Loma's respect in there. There's a reason Rigo keeps scoring fast stoppages, he hits hard, at the exact moment you're out of position, when you dont wanna be hit, when you're wide open for it, and don't see it coming, and if he doesn't knock your ass out, you stay down because you want out or your jaw is broken.

It's a great fight, I really cant wait.

Rigo might be the first person to really show us how Loma performs when at a decisive speed disadvantage

Rigo might be the first person to really show us how Loma performs when at a decisive speed disadvantage
I don't think Lomachenko's hand or footspeed is mad quick or anything. Gary Russell Jr probably had faster hands. Thinking speed is another matter though

Rigo's highest career payday was against Donaire. He made 750k and Donaire made a whole lot more than that, he was paid 1.32 million. When Loma was at 126 they offered Rigo 500k + another 500k (from Loma) if Rigo beat him. This was when no casuals knew who Lomachenko was after only 6 fights (and the loss to Salido). Loma isn't as popular as Donaire then or now. I don't know what they're both getting paid but lately the lowest Loma has been paid is 750k which is what he got in his last fight against Marriaga. Marriaga only got 50k despite moving up to 130 from 126. The highest payday Loma had was against Walters at 1 million.

This is what RR said
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/132884015

I'm familiar with the promoter tricks. This is basically the same as announcing that this fight won't happen IMO.

Great fight if made.
Was going to add "in before seano shits all over it"
Scrolled down and saw I was too late.
You were not, shut the fuck up.

Back