Big John diss Reebok

FIGHT CITY

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Bellator commentator John McCarthy just said this on the broadcast re: Machida: “I love the fact that he comes out wearing that karate gi instead of some stupid Reebok uniform.

John McCarthy was never my friend.

Anderson Aldo and giblert Melendez disagree

Big John clearly is bitter that he isn’t getting that Reebok money

And his sponsors probably paid 50x what Heebok does.

Dana-White-UFC-The-Time-Is-Now-Press-07-750.jpg

i like reebok because the most fighters doesnt have any taste and they come in with some bum sponsor ugly looking fight wear.

Lmao imagine if Lyoto had a reebok gi in UFC.

But yeah this is good man. Reebok killed fighters creativity.

Lorenzo was like I'll sell this shit to wme, but before I do, I'll fuck it up for them.

i like reebok because the most fighters doesnt have any taste and they come in with some bum sponsor ugly looking fight wear.

It was still better than the blend version we have today

It's true though, 'uniforms' don't work in MMA.
The Reebok stuff looks shit.

It's some weird US thing, you'd never have all the sides from a European football league wearing the same kit from the same manufacturer. It's bad business, only a few companies can afford it all but lots can afford one or two so that's more competition and more total money.

But nowhere else has franchises handed out by the league, everywhere else the clubs group together to form a league. It's why a uniform never happens in pro boxing too.

You just described the Reebok era while trying to defend it.

It was still better than the blend version we have today

the most walk in outfits are still worse than the reebok sponsoring... exept when GSP walks in with his GI for example.. but most of the time u will just see some ugly third level sponsor stuff....

I want to know what Stitch Duran thinks about this before i comment. One second, Josh Gross is calling.

the most walk in outfits are still worse than the reebok sponsoring... exept when GSP walks in with his GI for example.. but most of the time u will just see some ugly third level sponsor stuff....

Theres is more money now in the sport , I tend to believe we would see more respectable company start sponsoring fighters.

You just described the Reebok era while trying to defend it.

i dont think bellator looks better with these third party sponsor circus. something like reebok is a better choise. maybe reebok should allow different walkouts because they getting to monotonic... in that point i agree on john.

Back