Big John doing great!

Pumphrey94

Pumphrey
@purple
Reaction score
Thought Bellator was messing up letting Jimmy go but Big John is awsome his knowledge of MMA is vast

Thought Bellator was messing up letting Jimmy go but Big John is awsome his knowledge of MMA is vast

John McCarthy is of course going to be knowledgable. He is a martial artist himself, was Royce Gracie's sparing partner for UFC 1 training, and has been officiating fights for decades.

Jimmy Smith was still the voice of Bellator though.

John McCarthy probably just fits their budget.

Big John is doing really good. Still love and prefer Jimmy Smith. Dropoff is lesser than I figured it would be though.

John McCarthy is of course going to be knowledgable. He is a martial artist himself, has been officiating fights for decades, and was Royce Gracie's sparing partner for UFC 1 training.

Jimmy Smith was still the voice of Bellator though.
Definitely, but I'm cool with the change just glad he decided to stick with MMA commentating glad the UFC signed him

Shocked at how good he is. He's a natural at this.

I'd still rather have Jimmy, but Big John is putting in a fine performance for his first time.

He was great as a ref and surprisingly good as a commentator. I hope Bellator keeps him in that position.

Jimmy Smith was just another Rogan type commentator glad he's gone. Big John has done really good tonight.

John has known these guys for years and has a rapport that few could ever have.

Bellator's comentary team was way more enjoyable to listen to yesterday than UFC's passive aggressive Cruz, robotic Anik and Ngannou fanboy Rogan.

guess i'm deaf cause i couldn't tell what he said half the time. He seemed to have a mumbly non clear speaking voice to me.

Back