Big John killin' it as Post-fight Interviewer

MostDangerousGame

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Good to see him making a change & doing a good job.

Big John & Goldberg make Bellator sooo much more tolerable now.
Starting off on a good note for 2018. Keep it up Bellator!

Big John is doing well.

Jimmy Smith was still the man though. Difficult to replace him.

Big John is the bomb. Goldie is the bomb. The absence of Rogan is the nail in the coffin.

Bellator’s production feels above UFC’s imo now.

I was pleasantly surprised by Big John. He did very well

Good to see him making a change & doing a good job.

Big John & Goldberg make Bellator sooo much more tolerable now.
Starting off on a good note for 2018. Keep it up Bellator!
The intro by Goldie was really great. "We're starting in style in 2018..."

introducing BJM, "Are you ready?"
BJM "Are you, ready?"
Goldberg "Let's get it on!"

Yeah he does a fantastic job, I just think he does a greater good for the sport as a ref rather than a commentator.

Apart from the fact that he makes everyone look small, he was great

Yeah he does a fantastic job, I just think he does a greater good for the sport as a ref rather than a commentator.

I got admit that you have a point there, but I think we need consider also about what is good for his career and salary. I think it is great to see he is making career now as commentator. Probably he was offered job as commentator that paid well, which is good for him of course. Is it good for MMA in general? Might even be? Maybe we need more commentating in referee point of view. Glad to see Bellator gave him a chance and we get to see where it leads to.

Possibly ....what was not too like, he was terrific
personality? voice? I dunno, I appreciated the accuracy of his commentary, but not Jimmy himself. Better than listening to Cruz disagree with everything Rogan says tho.

personality? voice? I dunno, I appreciated the accuracy of his commentary, but not Jimmy himself. Better than listening to Cruz disagree with everything Rogan says tho.

Fair enough. Caught me off guard somebody saying they didnt care much for him. As you have noticed everyone fucking loves him myself included.... *sigh* Oh Jimmy..

I got admit that you have a point there, but I think we need consider also about what is good for his career and salary. I think it is great to see he is making career now as commentator. Probably he was offered job as commentator that paid well, which is good for him of course. Is it good for MMA in general? Might even be? Maybe we need more commentating in referee point of view. Glad to see Bellator gave him a chance and we get to see where it leads to.
Oh no, fair play to him, he's definitely better off now. I'd never expect someone to turn down a better job. I'm just giving my take on the move as a fan. As a fan, speaking only for my own interest (or the fans' in general,) we're better off with him as a ref so I don't exactly celebrate the switch, other than just being happy for John because he seems like a nice guy.

I don't think so. It's the first time we have a pro ref, one if not the best of them, as a commentator. He will help and educate fans way more than reffing fights here and there. He might change the whole understanding of the game. Which he wouldn't be able to do as ref.

Back