Big Nog vs Daniel Cormier in legacy

And how many high-level judokas/sambo fighters have DC and Cain beaten?

Pretty sure it's zero.

InfatuatedFlimsyCoral-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
I get it, you are a huge Big Nog fan BUT please stop.

DC himself lost to one man. The first fight Jones was high off cocaine. The second fight, Jones was juiced to the gills.

DC held two belts simultaneously and defended both. No one has ever done that.

DC is the GOAT.

If Jones is >>>>>>>>>>>>> DC, dick pill or no, and DC is the greatest,
what does that make Jones?

If Jones is >>>>>>>>>>>>> DC, dick pill or no, and DC is the greatest,
what does that make Jones?
Jones is not better than DC. Jones is a known cheater. He got busted for cheating twice with DC (UFC 200 and UFC 214).

If you and I took a test in which the person who scores the highest gets a promotion and I scored higher than you and got the promotion BUT it was proven that I cheated, should I still get the promotion over you?

Jones is not better than DC. Jones is a known cheater. He got busted for cheating twice with DC (UFC 200 and UFC 214).

If you and I took a test in which the person who scores the highest gets a promotion and I scored higher than you and got the promotion BUT it was proven that I cheated, should I still get the promotion over you?

tenor.gif

What?

He fought during a weaker era. He was pretty much done by 32 as an elite fighter. He is only a few years older per than "DC? Not is in the legends category but DC has had the better career. If he were to defend the Hwt title against legitimate contender, it makes his case stronger.
Imo the weaker era is now

Cain and DC would beat Fedor and Nog pretty easily imo.

Do you really think that Cain and DC would beat people with ease with elbows dissalowed and without fence to push against and clinch and wrestle?

Most UFC ground and pound is based on elbows which are difficult to defend, and do great damage with cutting and bleeding, without a need to create much distance and take risks. Short elbows are also often used as an easy way to create activity in the eyes of ref and maintain position. Fence is used even on the ground to reduce mobility of opponent so that he can not avoid gnp.

It would be really interesting to see Cain and DC against high level BJJs or judokas in the ring and Pride rules, with no elbows and fence and with gi allowed to their opponents and 10 minutes to work for submissions.
I think that DC and Cain would be a lot less successful in that environment than in the cage, and would lose significantly more fighs.

He doesn't

Nog top wins: Cro Cop, Barnett, Kharitonov, Werdum, Rodriguez, Sylvia, Herring and possibly others

DC top wins: Gus, Johnson, Barnett, Miocic, Silva

DC’s wind are better wins than Nog’s, Miocic is a better win, by far, than anyone on Nog’s list and I would frankly pick Rumble Johnson over anyone Nog’s ever beat as well, and DC torched him twice. Herring, Sylvia and Rodriguez are all easily worse than Antônio Silva (not sure which Silva you have on DC’s list, being that he also beat Anderson), and DC humiliated Barnett whereas Nog lost to him once and struggled with him in the rematch.

Do you really think that Cain and DC would beat people with ease with elbows dissalowed and without fence to push against and clinch and wrestle?

Most UFC ground and pound is based on elbows which are difficult to defend, and do great damage with cutting and bleeding, without a need to create much distance and take risks. Short elbows are also often used as an easy way to create activity in the eyes of ref and maintain position. Fence is used even on the ground to reduce mobility of opponent so that he can not avoid gnp.

It would be really interesting to see Cain and DC against high level BJJs or judokas in the ring and Pride rules, with no elbows and fence and with gi allowed to their opponents and 10 minutes to work for submissions.
I think that DC and Cain would be a lot less successful in that environment than in the cage, and would lose significantly more fighs.
Good points. But what if Cain & DC decided to keep it standing?

DC’s wind are better wins than Nog’s, Miocic is a better win, by far, than anyone on Nog’s list and I would frankly pick Rumble Johnson over anyone Nog’s ever beat as well, and DC torched him twice. Herring, Sylvia and Rodriguez are all easily worse than Antônio Silva (not sure which Silva you have on DC’s list, being that he also beat Anderson), and DC humiliated Barnett whereas Nog lost to him once and struggled with him in the rematch.
You seem to really know what you´re talkin´about, mate...

I would argue Nog has the better wins, but Cornier would beat the shit out of him if he fought him in his prime.

Herring, Sylvia and Rodriguez are all easily worse than Antônio Silva

Ehh. I dunno bout dat.

I haven't watched the fight in years, but from what I remember, an absolutely way past his prime and out of shape Ricco took a coming into prime Bigfoot to a highly competitive decision loss.

If that had been Ricco from the early 2000's, Bigfoot probably would have gotten wrecked. He was no goddamn joke when he was in shape and off drugs. Hell, if it was under any other rule set, he would have gotten the decision against Nog.

IMO
Big Nog: #2 GHWOAT, #6 GOAT
Cormier: #2 GLHWOAT, #7 GOAT

And I agree, Nog is one of the most underrated fighters in MMA history.

Lmao nog is so overrated on this forum.

DC is the better fighter with the better legacy.

Why do you think they haven't fought any "high level Sambo fighters"?

How many BJJ black belts has Fedor submitted in MMA?

So they have fought high level sambo fighters? Which ones?

What does Fedor submitting BJJ black belts have to do with DC/Cain's experience fighting judo based fighters?

Nog has longevity over DC, that's it.

Back