Big Nut Energy presents: NXT Takeover Wargames

WHO IS FUCKING GOING OVER?

• Kairi "Sam" Sane

• Shayna Baszler

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I try not to judge wrestling as a critic and instead let my heart lead the way.

So the way that I see it.

Gargano V Black was the match of the night. They put on a really technical, high-paced match and I really enjoyed it. The right guy won, as well, and I liked the idea of Black "absolving Gargano of his sins". It's different and adds more character than a straight beatdown.

Dream V Ciampa was second best. Both are very good, though I viewed Dream as a step below Ciampa as the total package (he is excellent, but character-wise quite immature in comparison to the deranged Ciampa), and shouldn't be in the role of main-event hero.. The ending told the story of Dream overextending, crashing and burning as a result. I didn't care about the false finishes, I felt good all throughout the match.

War Games is next. As I get older, hardcore-type matches lose their appeal to me. I started to lose interest down the middle and even though I liked everybody in the ring, I couldn't connect with any of them on an individual level, like I did with Riddle, Sane, Black and Ciampa. It was a very good match, just a bit too long and not as involving.

I thought that Sane V Baezler was frustrating. I really like Sane as the baby-face and I thought that she should have had a better run with the title. I appreciate Baezler, I like her legitimacy, but I just find her to be quite boring in the ring. Baezler, Shafir, Duke and maybe Rousey together can really make waves on the main roster, which is where is prefer them to be.

Nice to see Matt Riddle have a match, and win a match. I would have liked to have seen a bit more than just a knee, but the execution was good.

Anyway I don't want to deconstruct wrestling scientifically, but that's how I feel about the show. A must-watch all in all with no downside.

Thought WarGames was silly overall. Started off well but they didn't think 8 guys fighting in a cage was enough so it had to turn into a hardcore match too. The chairs with the UE logos were stupid. Too much convolution for me but not terrible.

Depends on your age.

I really liked tables, chairs etc as a kid, but it doesn't really have shock value to me as an adult.

I actually found it to be a bit long and aside from some good bits, quite boring.

I didn't mind the chairs with the UE logos. The match told a story of UE being well prepared and executing an elaborate and diabolical plan.

Thought WarGames was silly overall. Started off well but they didn't think 8 guys fighting in a cage was enough so it had to turn into a hardcore match too. The chairs with the UE logos were stupid. Too much convolution for me but not terrible.

I'm with you...as soon as the chairs came out, I checked out on the match. The pyramid everyone falls down spot and bowling pins everyone falls down spots where especially dumb...especially why Ricochet missed. Really disappointed in this one

I try not to judge wrestling as a critic and instead let my heart lead the way.

So the way that I see it.

Gargano V Black was the match of the night. They put on a really technical, high-paced match and I really enjoyed it. The right guy won, as well, and I liked the idea of Black "absolving Gargano of his sins". It's different and adds more character than a straight beatdown.

Dream V Ciampa was second best. Both are very good, though I viewed Dream as a step below Ciampa as the total package (he is excellent, but character-wise quite immature in comparison to the deranged Ciampa), and shouldn't be in the role of main-event hero.. The ending told the story of Dream overextending, crashing and burning as a result. I didn't care about the false finishes, I felt good all throughout the match.

War Games is next. As I get older, hardcore-type matches lose their appeal to me. I started to lose interest down the middle and even though I liked everybody in the ring, I couldn't connect with any of them on an individual level, like I did with Riddle, Sane, Black and Ciampa. It was a very good match, just a bit too long and not as involving.

I thought that Sane V Baezler was frustrating. I really like Sane as the baby-face and I thought that she should have had a better run with the title. I appreciate Baezler, I like her legitimacy, but I just find her to be quite boring in the ring. Baezler, Shafir, Duke and maybe Rousey together can really make waves on the main roster, which is where is prefer them to be.

Nice to see Matt Riddle have a match, and win a match. I would have liked to have seen a bit more than just a knee, but the execution was good.

Anyway I don't want to deconstruct wrestling scientifically, but that's how I feel about the show. A must-watch all in all with no downside.

I agree with the first two, but I would have preferred Gargano winning. I think they needed to give his heel run some legs but the match was still good. I thought Sane vs Baezler was better than Wargames. I just can't get into the weapons and plunder matches...it just kills suspension of disbelief for me.
It just breaks your own continuity when they go that route.

I also have to mention...Gay black man spends 3/4 of a match paying tribute to Hollywood Hulk Hogan and everyone is happy...take notes Titus.

Almost forgot..."Mama mia," chants...
<{hughesimpress}>

upload_2018-11-18_10-56-34.gif

I'm with you...as soon as the chairs came out, I checked out on the match. The pyramid everyone falls down spot and bowling pins everyone falls down spots where especially dumb...especially why Ricochet missed. Really disappointed in this one
Yeah they all watched Ricochet set up his spot then all fell down despite him only touching two of them.

But you knew one of those spots was coming, just like you can predict about 70 headkicks per show.

talk about nit-picking. i am as big of a smark as anyone, but that was a fun match, jack

How the fuck does somebody kick out after a Death Valley Driver on to concrete and a top rope elbow drop?

I call bullshit.

talk about nit-picking. i am as big of a smark as anyone, but that was a fun match, jack

Don't like plunder matches...don't like bowling pin spots...it's not like this is something new.

cry all you want, but were you entertained by the match?

Up until they brought in the chairs? Yes. After that I checked out...sorry but that stuff kills the match for me...I don't enjoy it and was severely disappointed in that match. Given the guys involved I was expecting to come out this show raving about the main event...but it wasn't meant to be.

How the fuck does somebody kick out after a Death Valley Driver on to concrete and a top rope elbow drop?

I call bullshit.
Not only did he kick out but he got up from the DVD so Dream could toss him back in the ring. A lot of the guys on the roster have no idea how to slow down and make it look believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back