Bigfoot is about to fight the Glory HW Champion

lol holy FUCK what a joke. kickboxing and its nonexistent viewership further confirming itself as a dying form of entertainment

So if Glory wants to be known as the best kickboxing organization, they got to make sure that their HW champions gets real fights...
Yup.

That's what all the Kickboxing fans are saying as we shake our heads.

lol holy FUCK what a joke. kickboxing and its nonexistent viewership further confirming itself as a dying form of entertainment
I agree this fight is a joke, but calling it a dying from of entertainment is pretty foolish considering the massive increase of events taking place in China right now, this being Glory's first attempt in that market.

They aren't doing much to help their case in the US market however, and they aren't making the greatest card for China either, but that's just Glory. The sport is much bigger than what Glory is doing.

I don't know why people go so overboard with the hyperbole. It's kind of a weird fight, especially if you care about Bigfoot's health. But it doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of Glory's long term success or the state of kickboxing generally. The UFC had CM Punk fight and lose quite quickly against a prospect with two pro fights at the time and most people just recognize it for what it is, a single gimmicky bout mixed in with all the other fights.

I don't know why people go so overboard with the hyperbole. It's kind of a weird fight, especially if you care about Bigfoot's health. But it doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of Glory's long term success or the state of kickboxing generally. The UFC had CM Punk fight and lose quite quickly against a prospect with two pro fights at the time and most people just recognize it for what it is, a single gimmicky bout mixed in with all the other fights.
Their inability to create a half decent legit opponent for their star HW is a problem. They pulled off Hari, I'll give them that even tho the fight was a fluke but not their fault.

Still, the last guy to beat Rico while Rico was current Glory champ still hasn't gotten a phone call. That's a massive failure on their part.

Their inability to create a half decent legit opponent for their star HW is a problem. They pulled off Hari, I'll give them that even tho the fight was a fluke but not their fault.

Still, the last guy to beat Rico while Rico was current Glory champ still hasn't gotten a phone call. That's a massive failure on their part.
Do you know for sure that Gerasimchuk is out there complaining on social media that Glory is ignoring him or are you just assuming that he hasn't gotten a phone call? Is it possible that he's happy and busy at Kunlun and they just can't get him instead of purposefully ignoring him? I actually agree it would be a good booking if possible since they can say Rico is getting revenge on the last man to beat him and that's a selling point at least. Still there's only a finite number of world class heavyweight kickboxers available, right? Since 2015 Rico has faced Zimmerman, Adegbuyi (twice), Brestovac, Silva, Hari and most recently Lazaar. And he's already scheduled to face Ben Saddik in December after this gimmicky Bigfoot fight in China in October. So he's keeping reasonably busy. Are there any other heavyweights you think should get in the mix if they are available for Glory to sign, or is Gerasimchuk the one notable example?

Also, I suspect that my favorite heavyweight kickboxer who is already in Glory, Guto Inocente, is potentially in the mix for a heavyweight title shot perhaps with one more win after upsetting Adegbuyi recently.

Big foot will surpise many peole. He willl be full of trt and bring a good fight.

We all complain but we are all going to watch.

Also I agree with JimGunn... Rico has been fighting the best guys for a while (except for that one that beat him not so long ago) and is already scheduled to fight in december against a legit guy. Is not like he is holding the division.

One fight like this one to catch some attention is not so bad.

Glory should make an effort to sign better prospect but there are only so many good HWs kickboxers. It has always been like that. The talent pool is just not that big enough.

When is Chale getting his shot?

Back