Billboard reading "Kill The NRA" pops up on Louisville highway

all caps

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...366002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

636546691409946343-KillTheNRAVandalism--PEARL-02.jpg

A vandalized billboard on Interstate 65 in Louisville called out the National Rifle Association following the recent school shootings in Kentucky and Florida.

The sign on I-65 northbound near the Fern Valley Road exit read "Kill the NRA," and was tagged with "Resist 45," a group that opposed President Donald Trump.

Photos of the billboard, which is owned by Outfront Media, circulated widely on social media Monday. David Watkins, a spokesman for the company, said Tuesday that the vandalism on the Outfront property had been "immediately removed."

Last week's school shooting in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 dead has renewed outrage and debate over the nation's gun laws, with the NRA taking heat from those who want to see tighter regulations on firearms.

The NRA's official Facebook page shared the sign on Monday telling gun owners that it's "a wakeup call. They're coming after us."

Is this false flag by the NRA to stir up a little controversy?

Our non-violent left just giving us one more reason to keep our guns.

The NRA's official Facebook page shared the sign on Monday telling gun owners that it's "a wakeup call. They're coming after us."

Lol. The NRA really does attempt to appeal to some of the least discerning, most gullible people.

"They are coming after us."

Who are "they"? And who is "us"? What does it mean to "come after" them? What a bizarre statement.

Anybody who has seen their commercials knows how outrageous they are. I have never seen an organization go to such lengths to frighten people.

Lol. The NRA really does attempt to appeal to some of the least discerning, most gullible people.

Who are "they"? And who is "us"? What does it mean to "come after" them? What a bizarre statement.

Anybody who has seen their commercials knows how outrageous they are. I have never seen an organization go to such lengths to frighten people.

Dunno, saying to "kill" someone on a billboard isn't a subtle message. If that doesn't qualify as "coming after", I don't know what would.

what a cringey video.

"Everything is scary, and everyone is out to get you!"

I am sure the NRA is gonna use this cynically to further divide the country, do the righties really want a civil war? Remember the main goal of the NRA is to sell guns at any cost.

Dunno, saying to "kill" someone on a billboard isn't a subtle message. If that doesn't qualify as "coming after", I don't know what would.

Not someone, something. The NRA is not a person.

It's just a vandalized sign with an anti-NRA message. Mass child murder will spawn some outrage, this is pretty mundane considering the situation.

Or, they honestly believe what they say.

It's not a false flag ... so yeah, it went over someone's head. Just not mine.

"Our non-violent left just giving us one more reason to keep our guns."

yes... it did.. lol

There is a small minority that wants guns banned. Of course it is smart of the NRA to keep saying that because it sells more guns.
I am surprised the NRA did not back Shillary, imagine the gun sales that would happen if she was president. Would she break Obama's record.
They keep saying for all of Obama's 8 years that he was taking guns and he never did.

Seems like the NRA uses fear to drum up sales.

Is the NRA a person now?
No, but I'm sure members of 45 have no issue with harassing or attacking anyone that may be an open member as representative of all the NRA represents.

Back