Billboard reading "Kill The NRA" pops up on Louisville highway

I know conservatives think corporations are people but a symbolic message against an organization has some people thinking it's a personal threat against them?

This is why I get a chuckle every time a kid shoots their parents on accident. The guvment not only takes their guns, but their kids as well.

Lol. The NRA really does attempt to appeal to some of the least discerning, most gullible people.

"They are coming after us."

Who are "they"? And who is "us"? What does it mean to "come after" them? What a bizarre statement.

Anybody who has seen their commercials knows how outrageous they are. I have never seen an organization go to such lengths to frighten people.

That was an embarrassing video.

No, but it would certainly hurt the gun fetishists cause to lose their number 1 organization. They'd have to spend time, money, and resources getting a new organization running.

To all Sherdog posters and readers:

HomerThompson just revealed the true motivations of the political left in regards to the NRA.

All of the bloody shirt waving that the left does after a tragedy has nothing to do with sympathy for the victims.

The left is cynically trying to "get one over" on the right. They're doing anything they can to try and shut down the NRA because it's effective at stymieing the left's agenda.

Let that sink in:

The left will happily strip any right that they find inconvenient in order to implement their fantasies of "utopia".

P.S. Homer, I will readily accept your concession in the form of a Rob Ford and/or Hotdog .gif

The posting of either type of .gif will indicate that you lack the mental capacity to formulate any sort of retort, and that you fully concede.

-Cheers

To all Sherdog posters and readers:

HomerThompson just revealed the true motivations of the political left in regards to the NRA.

All of the bloody shirt waving that the left does after a tragedy has nothing to do with sympathy for the victims.

The left is cynically trying to "get one over" on the right. They're doing anything they can to try and shut down the NRA because it's effective at stymieing the left's agenda.

Let that sink in:

The left will happily strip any right that they find inconvenient in order to implement their fantasies of "utopia".

P.S. Homer, I will readily accept your concession in the form of a Rob Ford and/or Hotdog .gif

The posting of either type of .gif will indicate that you lack the mental capacity to formulate any sort of retort, and that you fully concede.

-Cheers
source.gif

How did you come to that conclusion? Shutting down the NRA hurts gun fetishists' cause, and gun fetishism is a factor in school shootings and why they are so common in the USA and very rare elsewhere in the world.

"Gun fetishists'" (NRA types) cause is in the way of gun reform and is preventing legislation that would hinder future school shooters.

Now, you can disagree with these statements all you want and that's fine, but he's not trying to get "one up" on right wingers. It's all tied to reducing school shootings. Regardless of how effective or bogus you think those arguments are.

I am sure the NRA is gonna use this cynically to further divide the country, do the righties really want a civil war? Remember the main goal of the NRA is to sell guns at any cost.
Only thing I know as fact is that if there was another civil war, I damn sure wouldn't want to be on the same side as all the little sjw snowflakes. The amount of lives lost in general would be horrific. So, remember that when picking sides.

So you can't admit that "killing" the NRA is clearly not a call to violence? I forgot how disingenuous you were.
Just remember...you start pushing too hard and you may get pushed back. Do you honestly believe people are just going to sit back while others whittle away at their constitutional rights forever?

I know conservatives think corporations are people but a symbolic message against an organization has some people thinking it's a personal threat against them?

This is why I get a chuckle every time a kid shoots their parents on accident. The guvment not only takes their guns, but their kids as well.

I never buy into mass hysteria but as a member of the Canadian version of the NRA, I think it’s fair to say that a threat to kill a group I’m a part of is worthy of being...concerned...about. I know nobody cares about our lil NFA up here, but that’s not the issue. The choice of words is deliberate. It didn’t say disband the NRA. Just because you’re rational and understand it to mean kill or organization doesn’t mean the people who put it up or everyone who reads it/supports it feels the same way.

These words were not chosen indiscriminately. The sign doesn't say, "Fuck the NRA." It doesn't say, "Disband the NRA." It doesn't say, "Abolish the NRA." It specifically uses the word "kill." What does that mean? Well, one interpretation is that it's supposed to be one of those things, but the implication of violence is certainly present as well. Now, I think you should be able to say whatever you want, so by all means, threaten violence if you want to. But at the same time, don't be surprised if NRA members hear that message, interpret that as implied violence against them, and carry a weapon on their hip to use in defense of themselves in case some radical interprets the billboard's message as a call to action.

the word 'kill' is universally used in the context of violence

or else it would have said 'disband/defund/dismantle/remove/etc....

that being said, I have literally zero sympathy for the NRA itself as an org, do know some good individuals that are members/instructors tho

If it's as innocent as some posters are saying, because it's an organization they're trying to "kill", I wonder how people would feel if a billboard popped up that said "kill BLM". It's just an organization, right guys?

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...366002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

636546691409946343-KillTheNRAVandalism--PEARL-02.jpg

A vandalized billboard on Interstate 65 in Louisville called out the National Rifle Association following the recent school shootings in Kentucky and Florida.

The sign on I-65 northbound near the Fern Valley Road exit read "Kill the NRA," and was tagged with "Resist 45," a group that opposed President Donald Trump.

Photos of the billboard, which is owned by Outfront Media, circulated widely on social media Monday. David Watkins, a spokesman for the company, said Tuesday that the vandalism on the Outfront property had been "immediately removed."

Last week's school shooting in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 dead has renewed outrage and debate over the nation's gun laws, with the NRA taking heat from those who want to see tighter regulations on firearms.

The NRA's official Facebook page shared the sign on Monday telling gun owners that it's "a wakeup call. They're coming after us."

Is this false flag by the NRA to stir up a little controversy?
How "tolerant" and "progressive" of them. I wonder how they plan on killing the NRA since they literally shake and cry at the thought of a firearm.

No, but I'm sure members of 45 have no issue with harassing or attacking anyone that may be an open member as representative of all the NRA represents.

Bit of a jump to assume that don't you think?

Bit of a jump to assume that don't you think?
Nope. In this day and age of aggressive activism, and on this issue, trust is earned. Prepare for the worst and at most you're just pleasantly surprised when nothing happens. On the flipside...

Back