Billy Joe Saunders vs. James DeGale Being Explored For Sept. 15

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Promoter Frank Warren is exploring the idea of matching two 2008 Olympic team-mates against each other on September 15th at the O2 Arena in London.

Warren is looking at the possibility of having WBO middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders move up in weight to challenge IBF super middleweight titlist James DeGale.

Saunders would move up by eight pounds to take the fight.

https://www.boxingscene.com/billy-joe-saunders-vs-james-degale-being-explored-sept-15--129294

of course he'd be looking at someone who has lost a step.

Amazing. Two boxers who I couldn't give a shit about. Both of them are equally unlikeable. I'd give the advantage to BJS simply because De Gale is a lazy fighter and I think he'd struggle with BJS's movement.

Moving in opposite directions. Be nice to see Billy piece him up.

Is he going to come back to 160? He still has a bit of work to do there.

How come Saunders wont fight Danny?

BJS is moving up.

Not a bad fight. This is the first fight ever where I think BJS is gonna go in as an underdog.

I hope they vacate his MW belt though, and Murray vs who the fook is for the belt.

can someone explain to me why none of the top guys at middleweight manage to put themselves into the #1 ranking by WBO and become his mandatory?

also, would he be forced to vacate if he moved up?

Nah fck that!

Degale vs the winner of groves/smith, and Saunders against any middleweight that will knock him out

Both of these fighters are from my area of the world, and while i think DeGale has been a plucky fighter/champion, he just isnt good enough, and Saunders while making out he is some sort of gypsy fighter, is more interested in making money, rather than actually giving himself some of meaningful legacy

Its a shit indicative of the world we live in, that fighters are now just positioning themselves into a situation where they are only interested in making the most profit, rather than actually making a name for themselves.

If BJS and DeGale fought in my front room, i would go out and walk my dog instead

Oh, and i doint actully like my dog much , i bought it for my daughtrer and am still saddled with it 10 years later

Back