Billy Mitchell under fire - UPDATE: Denies all allegations, says info is coming to clear his name

Yeah, doing it in single player is fine. You aren’t ruaiming the game for anyone. But doing it online just ruins it for anyone who actually wants to play through the content the developers spent years creating. All they do is keep killing you every time you spawn, it get and over. It’s so stupid because there is a game where that is the whole point of playing. It’s called Call of Duty. Or there’s Battlefield. Or any number of FPS.
Yeah i never understood idiots who cheated during online play, the whole fun of video games is seeing how good you really are the competition and cheating is not fun, why would i want to beat a guy who cant hurt me in online play, i used to play fight night and it was fun, id go the full twleve rounds many times because most guys would run and jab, the guy would use the cheap jab and move shit but he would tire and id either drop him several times or finish him before the 12 rounds was over.

But these. Sore losers would pull the plug to disconnect right before i won, i hated that. They couldnt handle defeat so they disconnected right before losing.

I can't believe sites have news articles condemning a man because he may have used an emulator to achieve his Donkey Kong scores.

Not really. People make money off this shit, and Billy Mitchell gets sponsors, and is paid for appearances he makes at conventions. I'd imagine he makes some decent coin off of his status. Even if he's cheated in the slightest, it's kind of shitty. It seems frivolous, but a guy with Mitchell's skill, could totally exploit the very minute differences between a cabinet machine and an emulator. He knows every little detail of these games, and was even consulted on how certain games(Ms Pac-Man for instance) were ported to consoles, to make them as authentic as possible.

If he's been cheating, even by the tiniest bit, he deserves to be exposed.

I also can't believe that youtube video has nearly 2 million views.

E-Sports is sneaking up on everyone. Look at the money and viewership involved in some of these competitions. It's insane. On top of that, look at the stupid money Twitch streamers are raking in.

Once they figure out a way to make E-Sports palatable for a general audience to take in on TV, it's going to explode. Some might argue it already has begun to explode.

You could make the same argument for basketball or football.

"Ughh, I can't believe people write news articles about guys putting a ball through a hoop!"

Not really. People make money off this shit, and Billy Mitchell gets sponsors, and is paid for appearances he makes at conventions. I'd imagine he makes some decent coin off of his status. Even if he's cheated in the slightest, it's kind of shitty. It seems frivolous, but a guy with Mitchell's skill, could totally exploit the very minute differences between a cabinet machine and an emulator. He knows every little detail of these games, and was even consulted on how certain games(Ms Pac-Man for instance) were ported to consoles, to make them as authentic as possible.

If he's been cheating, even by the tiniest bit, he deserves to be exposed.

E-Sports is sneaking up on everyone. Look at the money and viewership involved in some of these competitions. It's insane. On top of that, look at the stupid money Twitch streamers are raking in.

Once they figure out a way to make E-Sports palatable for a general audience to take in on TV, it's going to explode. Some might argue it already has begun to explode.

Touche

So yeah sorry to bump this thread but I watched a cool video today

Back in August Billy Mitchell dropped a 1,047,500 live on Donkey Kong

This is his best-confirmed score in Donkey Kong and kinda redeems himself a little bit for me

This is his best-confirmed score in Donkey Kong and kinda redeems himself a little bit for me

Never doubted his skill. Even his MAME scores that he lied and said weren't made on MAME were very impressive for that era of gaming.

I don't know what this is about or who the fuck he is but he definitely looks guilty.

All I'm saying is if he was innocent his hair wouldn't look like Sith cowl.

People that are generally good at only one game are really terrible at others.
Thank goodness we have the Nintendo World Championships.
It's the Olympics of Gaming.
Despite his supreme personality flaws Billy was a legit gaming God. He wasn't just good at Donkey Kong. He was amazing at all those old retro arcade games.

However unjust it might be perceived supreme douchebags sometimes have that NFL or NBA talent. Billy has it for gaming; the hand/eye coordination, reaction times, rhythm, pattern recognition, and decision-making trees. He also has a work ethic. This is part of what makes him so tragic. It isn't that he hasn't earned or isn't entitled to an enormous ego. It's that his ego manages to be so enormously disproportionate to his talent despite how great his talent already is.

Larger-than-life nerd talents coupled with larger-than-life nerd insecurities.

Despite his supreme personality flaws Billy was a legit gaming God. He wasn't just good at Donkey Kong. He was amazing at all those old retro arcade games.

However unjust it might be perceived supreme douchebags sometimes have that NFL or NBA talent. Billy has it for gaming; the hand/eye coordination, reaction times, rhythm, pattern recognition, and decision-making trees. He also has a work ethic. This is part of what makes him so tragic. It isn't that he hasn't earned or isn't entitled to an enormous ego. It's that his ego manages to be so enormously disproportionate to his talent despite how great his talent already is.

Larger-than-life nerd talents coupled with larger-than-life nerd insecurities.

One impotant factor people are missing is he was doing that in a time were you could only play those games in arcades one quarter at a time, there was no emulator, no internet, no game FAQS, forums, no replay videos on youtube to see other people play runs, tool assists, emulators , nothing, nada.

All the new guys have access to a bunch of stuff, starting with having their own arcade at homet, the people that dismiss the old scores compared to the new ones of 2 zillion or whatever the new DK record is are being unfair to the classic era.

Who gives a shit. Donkey Kong sucks and so does this dude with the pedo beard.

It's really sad to see these threads of old icons who once lauded and now they are either forgotten about or their name is dirt.
Poor old dragonpriest.

How good is that score relative to other top players? I mean the debate was whether he was better than Steve Weebe or whatever his name was. Wonder if that score puts him in the same league or not

Back