Bisping Already Trying To Discredit The Inevitable

He is maybe not the best middleweight in the world but he is 100% top 10 material and has been for a long time.
He was the perennial gatekeeper. He lost all his fights which would have put him in the mix until he stepped in for the Rockhold fight and won the lottery.

He was the perennial gatekeeper. He lost all his fights which would have put him in the mix until he stepped in for the Rockhold fight and won the lottery.

But was still top 10, beating Silva and Rockhold has cemented that.

Bisping doesn't exactly have a dangerous ground game. His best asset on the ground is his ability to scramble back up from guard.
The issue this really poses to GSP is the fact that Bisping is above average at getting back up...And has a stellar gas tank.

Other than that, his striking defense isn't the best.
His movement isn't a huge issue, to this day he still finds a way to circle to someone's power instead of away from it...Shocking I know.
Once you pass him, his getup isn't as good as when you are sitting in his guard.

Do I think GSP can lose this fight? Hell yes.
Do I think GSP will look awful compared to his last three outings? Honestly, this is the elephant in the room. Without seeing him fight that first round against Bisping, nobody can say anything to this.
Do I think GSP can do to Bisping what he has done to others with better ground games? Even if he comes back looking like the Diaz/Condit fights...Yes...Yes he can. His top game is superior to Chael and Tim's by a country mile.

65/35 in favor of GSP. Bisping has changed very little if at all over the years, and he too has aged and gotten worse for wear yet nobody mentions this aspect.

You are a fucking huge spastic if you think Bisping has not evolved.

I can't remember the direct quote, although my quote was off a bit. It was something like:

"You're going to jab a few times, go for the double, and put everyone to sleep"

Something like that. Can't remember if he said "get the double", or "go for the double", but the "put everyone to sleep" part, is essentially conceding that it's going to happen, and he definitely said that.

I'm obviously reading too much into it for fun, but I do believe Bisping is consciously trying to soften the blow of his inevitable unanimous decision defeat. He's desperately trying to goad GSP into not using his wrestling, and already discrediting the style as trying to "avoid a real fight", or not fighting "like a man". It's like he's already lost that way to GSP, and trying to hype up a rematch or something.

You are reading way to much into this kiddo.

Bisping basically called GSP a boring fighter.

Move on.

Gsp was my favorite fighter, I bought almost every ppv of his.

I am not looking forward to this fight, I don't see it ending well for Gsp. Will probably still buy it tho lol

I'll be picking Bisping unfortunately as GSP is awesome but there's just too many questions and stylistically it's a decent match up for Bisping.Anyone that's genuinely super confident in a winner here is probably just stupid,it's a tough one to pick and I have the highest pick % of all time at tapology (30,000 pick minimum).

You are a fucking huge spastic if you think Bisping has not evolved.

Your hero hasn't evolved. He still does the same shit he did at the start of his career except slower. Age is a bitch.

His success now stems from the aging fighters he has fought and the fact that he hasn't faced any top 5 at MW since gaining the belt.

<28>

That is like telling Maia, No submissions allowed..Cheater!

Cannot wait for Bisping to get KO'd by a real contender.

Your hero hasn't evolved. He still does the same shit he did at the start of his career except slower. Age is a bitch.

His success now stems from the aging fighters he has fought and the fact that he hasn't faced any top 5 at MW since gaining the belt.

<28>

Retard confirmed.

Your stats are accurate but by my unscientific recollection, Bisping seems to bounce back up pretty quickly ..... he is hard to keep down.

That's cuz no one really wants to keep him down they just want to slow him from running away so they can knock his head clean off

Indeed...<CerseiPlotting>

Look man how can you say he has not evolved?

His entire style has changed since he first came onto the scene.

He has actually gotten better with age. I don't think he has much left in him and tbh I woulda preffered if he had retired after winning the belt.

But to say he has not evolved as a fighter is a farce. After his fight with Rashad he decided to focus on his TDD and scramble. He is actually a very tough guy to take down. Regardless of what the stats show.

His striking in particular his boxing has evolved to become one of the better technical boxers in MW.

His fight vs Cung Lee showed just how fearsome his striking actually is when he does not have the worry of a TD hampering him. (One of the most fustrating thing about Aldo vs Conor is we never got to see Aldo in the same situation)

He is not the best in the division by far but he is 100% top 5 and a worthy champion and to deride his skillset and try and say he got lucky is just pathetic.

I will always love Bisping and be a fan win draw or lose he has nothing to prove to us fans at all.

Fuck the haters

That's cuz no one really wants to keep him down they just want to slow him from running away so they can knock his head clean off

He has been Ko'd twice in his career you Bum.

Once by TRTVitor head kick and once by Hbomb...... he is one of if not the toughest motherfucker in the ufc he has taken some absolute shelackings in his day and came back to win the fights.

Also people want to take him down because if they don't he turns their faces into hamburger meat and finishes them.

Fuck me Bisping haters are worse then Conor haters.

Just a bunch of sad fucks

He has been Ko'd twice in his career you Bum.

Once by TRTVitor head kick and once by Hbomb...... he is one of if not the toughest motherfucker in the ufc he has taken some absolute shelackings in his day and came back to win the fights.

Also people want to take him down because if they don't he turns their faces into hamburger meat and finishes them.

Fuck me Bisping haters are worse then Conor haters.

Just a bunch of sad fucks

He sucks, was out vs Silva and gifted that win. He has ducked the real contenders at MW to face washed up Hendo and now GSP that's never had a MW fight in his life while the top of the division gets to sit around and wait for leftovers. I shouldn't be surprised though this is the UFC we're talking about and the number 1 contender never gets the title fight. Pillowfists Bisping sucks and is at best a middle of the pack MW nothing more.

End of the fight should have been here and everyone knows it..

Look man how can you say he has not evolved?

His entire style has changed since he first came onto the scene.

He has actually gotten better with age. I don't think he has much left in him and tbh I woulda preffered if he had retired after winning the belt.

But to say he has not evolved as a fighter is a farce. After his fight with Rashad he decided to focus on his TDD and scramble. He is actually a very tough guy to take down. Regardless of what the stats show.

His striking in particular his boxing has evolved to become one of the better technical boxers in MW.

His fight vs Cung Lee showed just how fearsome his striking actually is when he does not have the worry of a TD hampering him. (One of the most fustrating thing about Aldo vs Conor is we never got to see Aldo in the same situation)

He is not the best in the division by far but he is 100% top 5 and a worthy champion and to deride his skillset and try and say he got lucky is just pathetic.

I will always love Bisping and be a fan win draw or lose he has nothing to prove to us fans at all.

Fuck the haters

He has always been focused on takedown defense and scrambling back to his feet to implement a boxing/kickboxing game. The only...ONLY change in the last decade to his skillset is that in the last 2 years he has been sitting on his punches more. He still does the same shit now that he did against Hendo/Wand/etc... who could match him standing. He still circles to everyone's power hand, and his footwork has remained the same.

He won fair and square against Rocksalt, but can you honestly sit there and say that it was all Bisping and not Rocksalt taking Bisping lightly because of the previous thrashing he gave him? Honestly?

The only reason Bisping is MW champion now is luck of the draw and capitalizing on other men's misfortunes.(Title shot because the other contenders before him either fought recently or were scheduled to fight already.)

He made the most of the opportunity and has run from contenders ever since gaining that strap. It's also funny that the only way he was able to get a title shot was through sheer luck...Because he failed to get the job done on three(to my knowledge) separate occasions in title eliminator matches.

Listen, it's ok to like above average fighters...I do that too. I like Black Beast even though he will likely never reach gold. I used to love Chris Lytle even knowing that he would never reach gold.

Be happy your Lytle was able to weasel his way through the cracks to crack Rocksalt to a title, and be happy that he was smart enough to run from all the top contenders.<45>

Back