Bisping/Gastelum - cannot decide where to put my money!

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Since the announcement of this fight I have been singing from the rooftops about this fight being easy money.

Kelvin by TKO/KO is the obvious choice, and here is why:

- Kelvin has knocked out Tim Kennedy and Vitor Belfort in his last few bouts. Bear in mind that both of these guys have defeated Michael Bisping in the past (MMAMath I know!).

- He fought a much larger, grappling-centric guy in Weidman and almost knocked him out also, if there had been a little more time remaining in the round he may have even got the finish.

- Kelvin has only really lost to Weidman, and that's only because he out-grappled him. Bisping will not be a grappling threat against Kelvin. If you look at the Woodley and Magny fights they were both Split Decision losses, both could be argued for Kelvin, and in the Magny fight he seriously hurt Neil late in the fight.

- Bisping took a serious beating 3 weeks ago, not much time to recover and having to re-cut weight is not an easy feat. I think the whole last minute travel to China isn't ideal either, he'll be fighting at 08.00am EST.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy pick right?

But what's really thrown me off is Kelvin's weight cut :(

I'm not saying that they "fixed" the weigh-in, but it almost seemed like he missed weight and they just said that he was 186. Perhaps the boxer shorts did weigh an extra pound, but ehhhh, I'm not so sure.

Will this affect Kelvin's gas tank? Can Bisping weather the storm and come on late? Kelvin is the smaller man in terms of height etc. not that it's made much difference in the past.

I really want to lump on under 2.5 rounds, and a Kelvin KO/TKO at 20/21.

What do you guys predict for this fight?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I went for the stoppage.

upload_2017-11-25_3-30-33-png.304187

Last edited:
Bisping just got beat up...
He shouldn't be fighting this soon IMO.
I'm picking Gastelum for this fight.
I would have picked Bisping three weeks ago.

Kevin if you have to.

I would go with Gastelum. Dude has some hands. Don't think Bisping can take many shots from him. For me , the longer it goes the more interesting it gets.

Easy, put your money on the up and comer.
Don't even like the guy, but he had finished better fighters than Bisping.

Since the announcement of this fight I have been singing from the rooftops about this fight being easy money.

- Kelvin has knocked out Tim Kennedy and Vitor Belfort in his last few bouts. Bear in mind that both of these guys have defeated Michael Bisping in the past (MMAMath I know!).

- He fought a much larger, grappling-centric guy in Weidman and almost knocked him out also, if there had been a little more time remaining in the round he may have even got the finish.

- Kelvin has only really lost to Weidman, and that's only because he out-grappled him. Bisping will not be a grappling threat against Kelvin. If you look at the Woodley and Magny fights they were both Split Decision losses, both could be argued for Kelvin, and in the Magny fight he seriously hurt Neil late in the fight.

- Bisping took a serious beating 3 weeks ago, not much time to recover and having to re-cut weight is not an easy feat. I think the whole last minute travel to China isn't ideal either, he'll be fighting at 08.00am EST.

Easy pick right?

I'm not saying that they "fixed" the weigh-in, but it almost seemed like he missed weight and they just said that he was 186. Perhaps the boxer shorts did weigh an extra pound, but ehhhh, I'm not so sure.

Will this affect Kelvin's gas tank? Can Bisping weather the storm and come on late? Kelvin is the smaller man in terms of height etc. not that it's made much difference in the past.

I think if bisping lands a body kick once it will be over

Gastelum

Bisping isn’t really that great. Look at the guys he’s been fighting since he’s had his title. None of the top contenders. Gastelum has surprised me multiple times.

I could see another TKO for Gastelum or perhaps decision

how come?
Just look at his opponent torso looks like he doesn't work his ab muscles at all all bisping gotta do is land body shots and he wins in the third but his coach is to high to use it as a game plan besides bisping does the same 1 2 circle left every fight best bet is to bet against bisping lol kelvin likes to cut his opponent off from going left with his right jab and boom that's how he dropped Chris

I fully expect to wake up to the headline, “Gas KOs Ping”.

Gastelum for me too. Anyone know how many fights Bisping has left on his contract? This ridiculous turn around coming off of a stoppage loss against someone known for stoppages themself has me wondering if there is a contract situation at play here that is flying under the radar. Or maybe he just wants to be the first headliner in history for Shanghai.

Easy pick right?

Buy Bitcoin instead

I'm taking Bisping in this one. I think he finds a renewed hunger and wins a 5 round decision vs. Gastelum.

Back