Bisping: Rogan makes $75,000 an episode from podcast

Joe was already rich before he started podcasts.

Can Bisping prove this or is this pure hearsay and speculation? 3 episodes a week over the course of the year is almost 12 million. I have sceptical hippo eyes on that figure
I read an estimate a while back (few years ago) from one of these companies that figures out peoples net worth, that Rogan is worth approx about 20million. That sounds believeable to me. He's quite a businessman.

$75k in gross revenue, so basically, like $25k after overhead and taxes.
Not a bad side gig for letting people listen to you getting stoned and making dick jokes with a bunch of random ass people you choose to hang out with.

I imagine the overheads have come down a bit now hes built a dedicated podcast studio at his house.

Last edited:
75 000$ seems a bit high, but even then...
After taxes, that's 38k or so, then you factor the flight tickets for the guests and hotel, etc. that's probably another 5-10k.

Still 20-25k tax free per episode is really nice money on top of his sponsors and his UFC job. The guy easily makes 5-10M a year before taxes to sit around and talk.

Off topic but I think real fighters like Bisping and Hardy are the way forward for analysts and commentary, I think Joe gets by by shouting whoa and stuff like that when someone lands a big hit whereas Bisping and Hardy always have more insight as Hardy has fought GSP and Bisping has fought the Spider whereas Joe just gets stoned practicing roundhouse kicks and certain techniques without actually fighting.

75 is total including every sponsor, etc... that minus taxes, rental, flights for guests, etc.

he makes 1000 per episode. still not bad
Is it really? So no YouTube money.. I dont think you're right about this one.

Can Bisping prove this or is this pure hearsay and speculation? 3 episodes a week over the course of the year is almost 12 million. I have sceptical hippo eyes on that figure

I dunno....good question. Probably an educated guess based on what he and others make. Also, there r 12 years old who make a couple million a year unwrapping and playing with new toys so I guess it's not that far fetched. It is like top 5 podcasts the last few years.

You have no idea lmao. Fucking fighter and the kid make more than a few grand an episode. Podcast advertising is extremely expensive and rogan has a dedicated 10min to it and has millions of listeners. Look at youtubers, a few million subscribers and their pulling in a ton of money. Ad space is just so fucking expensive.

You don’t have a clue. When you listen to his podcast via Stitcher/Podbay/etc, all the spineless are companies Rogan is invested in such as Onnit. He’s not making any ad revenue from those. He’s banking on the listeners buying products from his companies, generating revenue that way. There is no way he’s making tens of thousands of dollars in Ad revenue. YouTube ad revenue is on the decline too, and you only generate ad revenue if the viewer watches more than 15 seconds of the ad before skipping. You’d have to bank on the fact that every listener isn’t skipping the ads as soon as they have the option. Maybe you should learn a little more about online ad revenue and impressions before you start swearing at me and telling me I’m clueless.

Is it really? So no YouTube money.. I dont think you're right about this one.
Joke. Read my other comments. I was pretending to be a know-it-all sherdog ER. I would think going from 75k to 1k would give it away... Guess not. Bad joke/sarcasm I guess.

You have no idea lmao. Fucking fighter and the kid make more than a few grand an episode. Podcast advertising is extremely expensive and rogan has a dedicated 10min to it and has millions of listeners. Look at youtubers, a few million subscribers and their pulling in a ton of money. Ad space is just so fucking expensive.
I know a middle of the road YouTuber personally. He averages 750-800k views per vid. He makes about 1500 per million views before taxes.. and taxes are huge for him... But he also says the algorithm is very fickle so his payout doesnt always follow that number.

Also youtuve ad revenue has decreased subatantially over the last couple years. A million views would equal like 8k couple years ago.

105074790-blevins.1910x1000.jpg

If this guy makes close to a Mil a month, Rogan can make that amount.
That's just not true at all. He gets 100k people to watch him for 6-7 hours every day and a shit load of donations. I love Rogan but he doesn't have nearly as large of a consistent viewer base.

You don’t have a clue. When you listen to his podcast via Stitcher/Podbay/etc, all the spineless are companies Rogan is invested in such as Onnit. He’s not making any ad revenue from those. He’s banking on the listeners buying products from his companies, generating revenue that way. There is no way he’s making tens of thousands of dollars in Ad revenue. YouTube ad revenue is on the decline too, and you only generate ad revenue if the viewer watches more than 15 seconds of the ad before skipping. You’d have to bank on the fact that every listener isn’t skipping the ads as soon as they have the option. Maybe you should learn a little more about online ad revenue and impressions before you start swearing at me and telling me I’m clueless.

People still do that? Watch ads? I don't think I've seen an ad in years.

He has stock in 1 company he advertises. His last mma podcast he advertised, onnit then red dead redemption 2, creed 2, and vital farms......you talk out of your ass. He is making bank with cpm's and even youtube. His elon podcast is a 40k payout on the lower end just with youtube revenue.

That's almost a year of 9-5 work for me smh

Damn, life ain't fair.
Fuck off you commie scum.

Also, how in the hell do you make 75k from a free podcast? Ad money can't be that much.

75 is total including every sponsor, etc... that minus taxes, rental, flights for guests, etc.

he makes 1000 per episode. still not bad

I agree $75k is probably not including taxes and operating costs. I'd guess he pockets closer to $10-20k per episode. That's still not bad, though. At 100 episodes a year he's making $2 million take home.

This.

Joe doesn't advertise anything, and rarely has anyone on to promote anything.

I know Youtube doesn't pay much, and I doubt Apple's podcast service pays anything at all.
He doesnt advertise? The first segment of every podcast is him advertising a bunch of shit before he gets to his guest lol shows you dont even listen to his podcasts

Back