Bisping Sets New Record: No fighter in UFC history has suffered more knockdowns than Michael Bisping

I dont disagree that it would be good for him to mix his striking up with takedowns but when has he ever used it that way? I cant remember the last time he shot for a TD.
Neither can I

because it's been that long
and he changed camps

That's actually impressive considering he spent most of his career on a bicycle. He was the 1st Elias.

I dont disagree that it would be good for him to mix his striking up with takedowns but when has he ever used it that way? I cant remember the last time he shot for a TD.
Kang, akiyama fights maybe. Cung Le?

I think he should retire, he had the belt he is old now.

It seemed like Frankie Edgar got knocked down more times in each of the title fights with Maynard.

12 times in 30 fights is not that bad really.

And his knockdowns are quite a f*cking thing to see.

*TRT Vitor kicking his eye out of his skull

*H-Bomb detonating off his jaw

*Anderson nearly decapitating him with a flying knee

*Fatselum twisting his head around like an owl

I don't think I've seen anyone take the type of shots he has, and still continue to want to fight.

He is one tough mo-fo with an unbreakable spirit, that's for sure.

Now all he needs is talent.

Who the fuck counts knockdowns if they are not KOs? Overeem has 11 KO/TKO losses (out of which at least 7 were bad KOs). Bisping became a little chiny but is on his way out, in the long run he is in much better position then most of the guys.

PS: Eddie Alvarez is the king of knockdowns and have been KO/TKO-ed two times...

I can remember him wrestlefucking Brian Stann. And he tried to clinch fight Chael

I wonder who had the record before that

Dan Henderson

He won against Brian Stann by outwrestling him. Stann rocked Bisping, but he recovered from it and kept on grinding

I can remember him wrestlefucking Brian Stann. And he tried to clinch fight Chael

Dan Henderson

He won against Brian Stann by outwrestling him. Stann rocked Bisping, but he recovered from it and kept on grinding

True, I totally forgot the stann fight. And his defensive wrestling against sonnen was very impressive. At that time chael took everyone down at will at MW. It seems to me that bisping in general prefers a standup fight but since he found a lot of success with his left hook against anderson and rockhold he pretty much abondened his offensive wrestling.

Another accomplishment under Micheal Bispings cap.

Last edited:
Bisping = 12 / 29 = .414
Henderson = 11 / 18 = .611 (if that included Strikeforce then it's 11 / 22 = .500)
Jardine = 10 / 13 = .769 (with Strikeforce fights it's 10 / 17 = .588)
Browne = 9 / 17 = .529*

*[NOTE: Browne's number will continue to go up with the continued help of Edmond]
I'd be interested to know what Overeem's is.

Back