Bitcoin currency of the future?

@Der Eisbär if I want to invest in other cryptocurrencies, which apps would you recommend? I have coinbase but that only gives you the option for 3.

LOLLLL... Here comes the Crash on Bitcoin. This happened Today 12/7/17.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...ce-hacking-heist/ar-BBGkHUq?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Cryptocurrency marketplace NiceHash said the contents of its bitcoin wallet had been stolen in a security breach and one executive said nearly $64 million had been lost.

NiceHash head of marketing Andrej P. Škraba told Reuters on Thursday that the hack was “a highly professional attack with sophisticated social engineering” and that about 4,700 bitcoin, worth about $63.92 million at current prices, were lost.

He said the company was co-operating with local authorities but declined to give more information.

Earlier, Slovenia-based NiceHash said in a statement posted on its website that it had halted operations for 24 hours as it investigated the breach.

NiceHash is a digital currency marketplace that matches people looking to sell processing time on their computers in exchange for the digital currency bitcoin.

NiceHash advised users to change online passwords, saying it was still trying to understand what had happened during the incident.

“We understand that you will have a lot of questions, and we ask for patience and understanding while we investigate the causes and find the appropriate solutions for the future of the service,” the company said in its statement.

@Der Eisbär if I want to invest in other cryptocurrencies, which apps would you recommend? I have coinbase but that only gives you the option for 3.
I just started messing with binance today. It has a lot of different coins on the exchange and it seems super secure because it uses the Google authenticator. The issue is you can only fund it with btc, so no fiat payment. It has a mobile app too. It's for more advanced traders so it may take some getting used to but you can see trades and movement in real time.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...ce-hacking-heist/ar-BBGkHUq?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Cryptocurrency marketplace NiceHash said the contents of its bitcoin wallet had been stolen in a security breach and one executive said nearly $64 million had been lost.

NiceHash head of marketing Andrej P. Škraba told Reuters on Thursday that the hack was “a highly professional attack with sophisticated social engineering” and that about 4,700 bitcoin, worth about $63.92 million at current prices, were lost.

He said the company was co-operating with local authorities but declined to give more information.

Earlier, Slovenia-based NiceHash said in a statement posted on its website that it had halted operations for 24 hours as it investigated the breach.

NiceHash is a digital currency marketplace that matches people looking to sell processing time on their computers in exchange for the digital currency bitcoin.

NiceHash advised users to change online passwords, saying it was still trying to understand what had happened during the incident.

“We understand that you will have a lot of questions, and we ask for patience and understanding while we investigate the causes and find the appropriate solutions for the future of the service,” the company said in its statement.
Uh... that happened yesterday and then btc proceeded to soar to almost 20k before coming down. The hack was on a mining collective. Not an exchange or a large wallet. So why would this crash bitcoin?

I just started messing with binance today. It has a lot of different coins on the exchange and it seems super secure because it uses the Google authenticator. The issue is you can only fund it with btc, so no fiat payment. It has a mobile app too. It's for more advanced traders so it may take some getting used to but you can see trades and movement in real time.

Both Binance & Gate.io have apps but I don't think they work in the U.S. To be honest, you'll want to be at a computer screen to trade. It's much easier to have a BTC conversion calculator right in front of you and it's a bigger screen with a mouse. You don't want to have a fat finger scenario and accidently sell your lot on the cheap. Trust me, it happens.

A little advice from the time I've been in. I'm up about 65% total for my portfolio gains in roughly 6 months. I tried my hand at day trading (catching the pumps and riding the dumps) but failed miserably. If you're not at your screen and you don't know how to do it, either research how these different types of indicating charts work or don't do it at all. You'll buy in thinking you'll be on the upswing when in reality you're the one at the top and it'll crash back down in minutes. Trust me, it happened to me.

My Rules of Crypto:

#1. ALWAYS use a complex password.
#2. ALWAYS set up a 2fa system right when you're signing up for an exchange - first thing you should do.
#3. ALWAYS double check the URL (i.e. www.b1ttrex.com isn't www.bittrex.com).
#4. BUY a hardware wallet.
#4. WATCH YouTube Videos to learn how exchanges, graphs, MyEtherWallet, ERC20 coins ect work.
#6. DO NOT store your seeds and/or passwords on your PC - use a USB as cold storage (see VTC dev).
#7. DO NOT INVEST IN BITCONNECT! IT IS A PONZI SCHEME!!
#8. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH - people will shill and fud coins all the time. If you believe in the project, invest.
#9. ALWAYS send a couple of tokens as a test to a new wallet. DO NOT SEND THEM ALL ON THE FIRST GO.
#10. ONLY INVEST what you're able to afford
#11. Each coin should have a Sub-reddit. You should use it to see how the community is.

Most importantly, have fun and HODL!

Sorry for the Caps, but those are really important things for people just looking to start out.

Good Luck!

(BTW, I'm pretty bullish on QASH and REQ at the moment. Hoping they hit big in 2018!)

Send it to another exchange and cash out

I'm doing things legitimately. I've been extremely lucky before with sudden very large sums of money appearing on my bank account out of nowhere. Not going to take chances again.

Eventually you'll be able to buy other crypto's with USD but right now your best bet is using Coinbase or CEX.io. You would then buy BTC/ETH as they are the leading trading pairs and send them to the exchange to trade.

I'm doing things legitimately. I've been extremely lucky before with sudden very large sums of money appearing on my bank account out of nowhere. Not going to take chances again.
This guy is a joke. He has a post floating around that I should have bookmarked.

He sold all his Bitcoins years ago for a small profit. Now he thinks he's the forum leader in Bitcoins.

Could have made a bunch of money, but you didn't. You made pennies compared to what they are worth nowaday and kick yourself everyday.

Uh... that happened yesterday and then btc proceeded to soar to almost 20k before coming down. The hack was on a mining collective. Not an exchange or a large wallet. So why would this crash bitcoin?
You think that people losing $64 million in bitcoins from their personal accounts due to hacking isn't going to effect the market??

Bitcoins aren't insured either.

Now it's known that the online currency can be hacked and is not safe. If the hackers took $64 mil on the first try.. They'll be targeting other websites like Coinbase.

You think that people losing $64 million in bitcoins from their personal accounts due to hacking isn't going to effect the market??

Bitcoins aren't insured either.

Now it's known that the online currency can be hacked and is not safe. If the hackers took $64 mil on the first try.. They'll be targeting other websites like Coinbase.
1) The money didn't disappear from peoples "personal accounts". It was a collective of bitcoin miners that didn't properly secure their money

2) The market picked up nearly 30% after that happened. So what you're trying to assert (that the hack would tank the market) is already proven to not be true

3) The market cap of BTC is 300 BILLION USD. You're talking about .0046 of the market being hacked and disrupted LOL.

4) I think China officially banning the currency would have a little more impact than a tiny fraction of a percent getting stolen and China banning the currency did nothing.

This guy is a joke. He has a post floating around that I should have bookmarked.

He sold all his Bitcoins years ago for a small profit. Now he thinks he's the forum leader in Bitcoins.

Could have made a bunch of money, but you didn't. You made pennies compared to what they are worth nowaday and kick yourself everyday.

lol sure. Don't deflect your regret on to me, you fucking loser

Both Binance & Gate.io have apps but I don't think they work in the U.S. To be honest, you'll want to be at a computer screen to trade. It's much easier to have a BTC conversion calculator right in front of you and it's a bigger screen with a mouse. You don't want to have a fat finger scenario and accidently sell your lot on the cheap. Trust me, it happens.

A little advice from the time I've been in. I'm up about 65% total for my portfolio gains in roughly 6 months. I tried my hand at day trading (catching the pumps and riding the dumps) but failed miserably. If you're not at your screen and you don't know how to do it, either research how these different types of indicating charts work or don't do it at all. You'll buy in thinking you'll be on the upswing when in reality you're the one at the top and it'll crash back down in minutes. Trust me, it happened to me.

My Rules of Crypto:

#1. ALWAYS use a complex password.
#2. ALWAYS set up a 2fa system right when you're signing up for an exchange - first thing you should do.
#3. ALWAYS double check the URL (i.e. www.b1ttrex.com isn't www.bittrex.com).
#4. BUY a hardware wallet.
#4. WATCH YouTube Videos to learn how exchanges, graphs, MyEtherWallet, ERC20 coins ect work.
#6. DO NOT store your seeds and/or passwords on your PC - use a USB as cold storage (see VTC dev).
#7. DO NOT INVEST IN BITCONNECT! IT IS A PONZI SCHEME!!
#8. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH - people will shill and fud coins all the time. If you believe in the project, invest.
#9. ALWAYS send a couple of tokens as a test to a new wallet. DO NOT SEND THEM ALL ON THE FIRST GO.
#10. ONLY INVEST what you're able to afford
#11. Each coin should have a Sub-reddit. You should use it to see how the community is.

Most importantly, have fun and HODL!

Sorry for the Caps, but those are really important things for people just looking to start out.

Good Luck!

(BTW, I'm pretty bullish on QASH and REQ at the moment. Hoping they hit big in 2018!)
Currently doing #'s 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, and 11. Going to work on getting a hardware wallet once my hodlings are actually substantial enough to warrant it. I appreciate the tips though man good looking out. I've been researching like a mad man and getting balls deep for the past week.

lol sure. Don't deflect your regret on to me, you fucking loser
Hey man his point is legit, .0046 of the market getting hacked will FOR SURE tank bitcoin!!!
tenor.gif

Just got started last week with some poverty funds. Dude you don't need to have gotten in super early. If bitcoin reaches 100k or blasts off into the moon to 1 million NOW is super early. Doesnt matter if you're getting on the front of the train or the back, just get on the train!

About to quit my job and start school full time the first week of january. Going to drop my entire last paycheck into it and 1k from student loans into it. Idgaf if anyone wants to call me an idiot for doin that. If it proves a good move that simple 1k could end up paying off my entire student loan. If it crashes I will sell before it drops below my original investment.
You just invested last week and don't even own a full bit coin.

Get the fuck out of here.

That Gif was meant for you personally ^^^

Bitcoin passed 15,000 today for the first time, but this is a sign of a major crash?

WTF are you talking about? Steam dropping Bitcoin as a viable currency for their store is a bigger headline.

You just invested last week and don't even own a full bit coin.

Get the fuck out of here.

That Gif was meant for you personally ^^^
I've known about btc since 2012. I was an idiot for not buying when it was 52$ then. I was an idiot for not buying in Jan 2016 when it was brought back to my attention. Sure I just started last week but I do know some about economics and I know more about crypto than the average noob just starting.

You also didn't address any of my points. Why is .0046 of the market getting stolen going to tank bitcoin when the world's second largest economy banning it didn't crash It?

LUXcoin Sherbros. Go get it.

$4M marketcap as opposed to it's competitors. Hype is starting to come in on this one, low supply too. DYOR but this could be big in 2018.

Haven't read all the comments, but Is Coinbase any good? I just signed up for that.

Back