Bitcoin currency of the future?

I was thinking about using this for Bovada since they offer unlimited free deposits and cash-outs when using Bitcoin. Would be much better than having to argue with my bank about foreign transactions and waiting 15 days for my check from Singapore to arrive

Me and 2 other buddies as an experiment bought 10k worth of it. About 3500 a piece. We're gonna wait and see what happens.

I think fornthe most part bitcoin is a little expensive to buy now but this Etherium Looks like it might have some promise.

Once they get hooked up with a major bank like Chase or something like thst the price will skyrocket.
In 2014 a friend of mine invested 0.5 bitcoin into Ethereum. That $300 is now worth $100,000.

As for price, it's important to understand market cap. Market capitalization is a function of price and supply. Bitcoin might be $2300, but it's only 2x the market cap of Ethereum. $35bil vs $17bil, respectively. Also, there's plenty of room for many blockchain based companies and service providers. There are great investments to be made in this space aside from just Bitcoin and Ethereum.

Btw look at that member list. Chase(JPM) is already working on their own private adaptation of Ethereum.

I hope it doesn't go up any further... I sold all mine and made a lot of money, but the way this keeps going up and if I had held onto my bitcoins, I'd be worth tens of millions of dollars.

In 2014 a friend of mine invested 0.5 bitcoin into Ethereum. That $300 is now worth $100,000.

As for price, it's important to understand market cap. Market capitalization is a function of price and supply. Bitcoin might be $2300, but it's only 2x the market cap of Ethereum. $35bil vs $17bil, respectively. Also, there's plenty of room for many blockchain based companies and service providers. There are great investments to be made in this space aside from just Bitcoin and Ethereum.

I get all that but why don't you tell me other investments you think are promising in regards to blockchain. I've been doing some research on it.

In fact I know someone who filled a Room with mining hardware for bitcoin. Made some then shut down the operation.

Isn't it's value tied directly to its use to make purchases on black market on the internet (dark web)
No, that's a common misconception. All currencies, one way or another, are used for illegal activity. The value of bitcoin as a payment system is that it has a public ledger of ALL transactions that cannot be changed. You can also send money anywhere in the world for very little fees(which is paid to "miners" who use computing power to create what is "the blockchain"). The true value is in this underlying technology. Anytime financial experts are giddy on CNBC and Bloomberg saying this or that is "disruptive" it's a good idea to take notice.

I wish myself a yacht and 100 virgins.
there's plenty of room for many blockchain based companies and service providers. There are great investments to be made in this space aside from just Bitcoin and Ethereum. In fact I know someone who filled a Room with mining hardware for bitcoin. Made some then shut down the operation.

I hope it doesn't go up any further... I sold all mine and made a lot of money, but the way this keeps going up and if I had held onto my bitcoins, I'd be worth tens of millions of dollars.
Never too late to hop back in.
I wish myself a yacht and 100 virgins.
If 1ETH=1Yacht I would shit myself. Some "financial experts" are actually saying 1BTC=$1mil in 10 years

Never too late to hop back in.

If 1ETH=1Yacht I would shit myself. Some "financial experts" are actually saying 1BTC=$1mil in 10 years

which financial expert are we talking about? Jim Cramer?

I get all that but why don't you tell me other investments you think are promising in regards to blockchain. I've been doing some research on it.

In fact I know someone who filled a Room with mining hardware for bitcoin. Made some then shut down the operation.
Long term I personally like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Iconomi, Melonport, and Golem. The Zcash team just announced a partnership with JPMorgan which doubled the price overnight. Could still be room to grow.

I know when to quit when I'm up. I've made my money and I don't want to gamble.

which financial expert are we talking about? Jim Cramer?
It was in some article I read on Bloomberg or something. But honestly if crypto reaches a total market cap of $1tri anything is possible.

Long term I personally like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Iconomi, Melonport, and Golem. The Zcash team just announced a partnership with JPMorgan which doubled the price overnight. Could still be room to grow.

I'm gonna look into all of these now lol

It was in some article I read on Bloomberg or something. But honestly if crypto reaches a total market cap of $1tri anything is possible.

I was just asking because Jim Cramer is a POS. always inverse cramer lol

Interesting thread. Might have to do a little research and invest a bit of cash

Back