Bitcoin currency of the future?

Just remember that Bitcoin is going to crash again and all these other ones will, too. You have to know when to sell. You gotta keep a close eye on it. You don't want to lose all your money while you're at work only to find out BTC is down to 12 bucks when you get home.

Just remember that Bitcoin is going to crash again and all these other ones will, too. You have to know when to sell. You gotta keep a close eye on it. You don't want to lose all your money while you're at work only to find out BTC is down to 12 bucks when you get home.

A lot of people also sold when the IPO was denied. Stock fell that day. People who don't know the market shouldn't put their life savings in it.

Their vision is to be "Airbnb for computers". Remember that cell phones are considered powerful computers too. May not be an investment for you to go all in on

Sounds interesting but kind of abstract as well.

I don't see why I can't invest 1000 in each thing you mentiontioned as an experiment.

I've been following crypto for about 4.5 years now and I've never seen as big of or sustained growth as in the last 6 months. I was very skeptical at first- even cashing out ETH in the $20-40 range(still 100x ROI) expecting a large dip but I've since bought back in a bit. I fully believe Bitcoin and Ethereum are finally in the beginning stages of mainstream adoption. Japan recently legitimized BTC as a form of currency. Plus all of these massive Fortune 100 companies researching Ethereum has me believing blockchain tech is the future and a handful of these dev teams will be this generations Apple, Microsoft, etc.

But your point does still stand. This is extremely volatile territory. It could go up but it could definitely go down. Manipulation is rampant.

Sounds interesting but kind of abstract as well.

I don't see why I can't invest 1000 in each thing you mentiontioned as an experiment.
Iconomi is really interesting. It's based on digital asset management. Prism is another in this space

Yes everything dies. But not everything really lives (sorry couldn't resist)

So is it too late to get on the ethereum wagon?

How can one direct some of their 401(k) holdings toward cryptocurrency investment?

Its going to at least triple in value in the next year. You really should buy, just because its not as good of a deal as it was doesn't mean its not a good deal.

For anyone looking to invest, Coinbase is the way to go.... we both get some free bitcoin once you spend $100 or £77

https://www.coinbase.com/join/58d91cd4a53baa3e858b9f53

In 2014 a friend of mine invested 0.5 bitcoin into Ethereum. That $300 is now worth $100,000.

As for price, it's important to understand market cap. Market capitalization is a function of price and supply. Bitcoin might be $2300, but it's only 2x the market cap of Ethereum. $35bil vs $17bil, respectively. Also, there's plenty of room for many blockchain based companies and service providers. There are great investments to be made in this space aside from just Bitcoin and Ethereum.

Btw look at that member list. Chase(JPM) is already working on their own private adaptation of Ethereum.

What are those great investments?

If you bought $100 of bitcoin when it first came out in 2010 and held onto it, you would have 75 million dollars today.

I have a friend who was right on the verge of investing, I remember him telling me about it right when it came out before I heard about it anywhere else, but he decided against it. He's on suicide watch today

Source?

Back