Economy Bitcoin Doubters, Come Eat Your Crow

Any science softer than biology and the Nobel is politicized, but even within the hard sciences it can be politicized. And as for the Nobel peace prize, it is not only a joke, but possibly evil. The idea that an elite Globalist Circle can convene and decide for the whole world what is the truest criteria for peace, is, well, creepy at best.

Absolutely, even in the hard sciences progress comes one funeral at a time. Its unfortunate, but the softies have to wade through massive incentive structures acting to push conclusions, and its not helped by the fact that it's confounded by significant constraints on experimentation.

Last edited:
Yes but they had submitted their research and dissertations for peer review.

And based on her income in the private sector the Free Market seems to think she knows what she's doing.

I think you need to come to grips with what an appeal to an authority is and why its not an argument before we can continue.

Yea, I just don't see that happening in 2018 though. I'm holing BTC/ETH/LTC/ARK/NEO as my main holdings and I've invested a pretty significant amount in each and I've made quite a bit (almost 100%). XRP is cool, but their supply is huge (30+Billion) but I like Monero and wish I had gotten into it much earlier. VTC is another one to look at as they will be in the Atomic Swap family with LTC.

Maybe not in 2018, but i'm patient. This talk of BTC boosting to 100k and beyond is vapor to me. There's no use case for it, it's all reputation. XRP has a use case in financial institutions, even if supply is large. Plus the fact that it's all premined means that they can control it directly as opposed to the increasing hashing difficulty of BTC. I dunno, I just think that if banks start getting behind it, it'll take off.

Bitcoin hit 11,400 yesterday and now its under 10K. This is very hard to explain, especially since so few people actually sell bitcoin, most just buy and hold.

I would suggest investing in other cryptocurrencies as they are more stable.

1 Year gains so far:

Bitcoin: 1240%
Ethereum: 5409%
Ripple: 3486%
Litecoin: 2249%
Dash: 6871%
Monero: 2089%
Decred: 10199%

I think you need to come to grips with what an appeal to an authority is and why its not an argument before we can continue.

There's nothing to continue.

You made a crack about my understanding of Econ. I pointed out where my basis for my beliefs comes from. And you shared where you get yours along with your derision for people who study the field professionally and academically.

I found that to be funny.

We can move on.

There's nothing to continue.

You made a crack about my understanding of Econ.

I didn't. You read into my post wrong. I was validating the questions you were asking and how to think about the issue actually.

It's good to know why you got so abrasive all of a sudden though.

Let's focus on the common defense aspect. Suppose that Russia were on our southern border instead of Mexico. You would advocate for US unilateral nuclear disarmament?

By whom the government? As a first course of action to dismantling government? Not likely.

Even in the way that they sold off all the armament, the situation doesn't change that much. We would still be one of the worst targets for a foreign invader without a government. It would be like choosing to take over a forest instead of an established farm.

I didn't. You read into my post wrong. I was validating the questions you were asking and how to think about the issue actually.

It's good to know why you got so abrasive all of a sudden though.

I just looked back and I could have sworn your edit read "Your understanding of economics".

But it actually read "Our understanding".

I apologize for getting abrasive.

Maybe not in 2018, but i'm patient. This talk of BTC boosting to 100k and beyond is vapor to me. There's no use case for it, it's all reputation. XRP has a use case in financial institutions, even if supply is large. Plus the fact that it's all premined means that they can control it directly as opposed to the increasing hashing difficulty of BTC. I dunno, I just think that if banks start getting behind it, it'll take off.

I feel like BTC is used right now to showcase the health of Crypto as a whole. Does XRP have a better use case? Probably. At some point the power level to keep BTC going will be staggering. As it stands, its power consumes more than 150 countries. That said, I don't see BTC fading off into the darkness anytime soon. Will it reach $100k? I don't think so, but who really knows? I cant count it out, especially because there's only 21 million of them.

I'm pretty sure banks are already getting behind XRP. That is a huge thing for them and @ $.25 it might be steal. I think a lot of people park their money in XRP as corrections and dips happen because it's relatively stagnant.

Bitcoin hit 11,400 yesterday and now its under 10K. This is very hard to explain, especially since so few people actually sell bitcoin, most just buy and hold.

1 Year gains so far:

I would always hold some BTC even if its a little bit. It's the king and will be for a while. I don't think $11,400 will be it's all time high. That said, it is better to diversify your holdings when investing in crypto.

We would still be one of the worst targets for a foreign invader without a government. It would be like choosing to take over a forest instead of an established farm.

Expansion occurs piece-wise over years. It starts with the border states, then slowly proceeds to the interior.

Take as a case study Soviet expansion into Romania, Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary and Czechoslovakia immediately after WWII.

Expansion occurs piece-wise over years. It starts with the border states, then slowly proceeds to the interior.

Take as a case study Soviet expansion into Romania, Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary and Czechoslovakia immediately after WWII.

I agree. If there's an expansion, its outward of a free society, not inwards. Otherwise you're saying people would choose to be extorted by an overlording state when they've tasted freedom.

As far as the cases of Poland and others go, we're making the same point. Poland was taken over so easily because it had a state in place ready for the Reich to substitute. Contrast that with a place like Afghanistan. The greatest world powers in history going back to Alexander haven't been able to conquer it, (in part)* because the people there don't recognize a central authority to the country.

Last edited:
I agree. If there's an expansion, its outward of a free society, not inwards. Otherwise you're saying people would choose to be extorted by an overlording state when they've tasted freedom.
I'm not sure what you're saying. The USSR was a freer state than Czechoslovakia, and that's why the USSR was able to take over?

Bitcoin hit 11,400 yesterday and now its under 10K. This is very hard to explain, especially since so few people actually sell bitcoin
bitmex alone turns over 244k bitcoins in a day. i think there's plenty of bitcoin selling going on.

ok, I am getting into this shit. I want some Einsteinium. Coinbase and other places don't have it. Poloniex does have it but I got this message when trying to sign up:

You have selected New York as your state of residence.

The State of New York prohibits you from using our platform at this time.

Your account has not been created, and we will not store your data.

1 Year gains so far:

Do you invest in cryptocurrencies?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members