BJ Penn moved up in Weight and beat the #1 P4P fighter

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
These other 2 division champs beat bums lol Big Tim? Bisping? little Eddie?

Even Hendo beat Wand when he was past his prime. He had lost to Hunt, Arona and almost got his headkicked off my Cro Cop just 5 months before the fight. Hendo beat damaged goods.

BJ beat prime Hughes ranked #1 p4p. During his prime, BJ was on another level compared to everyone else.

And then he pranced around on tippy toes. And that is what he will he remembered for.

That and like 2 GIFs.

He also got robbed agaisnt Lyoto fucking Machida. Dude was a beast, only new fans don't understand how great he was in his prime.

BJ was a beast in his prime. If he fought with the same mentality as guys like DJ or GSP and never took risks with his career, he would have had one of the longest title runs ever at LW, but that wasn’t his style.

Nobody cares. Matt Hughs would get beat by Dustin Poirier. They both are weak AF.

These other 2 division champs beat bums lol Big Tim? Bisping? little Eddie?

Even Hendo beat Wand when he was past his prime. He had lost to Hunt, Arona and almost got his headkicked off my Cro Cop just 5 months before the fight. Hendo beat damaged goods.

BJ beat prime Hughes ranked #1 p4p. During his prime, BJ was on another level compared to everyone else.

Huge achievement, hespect...but...

"Hughes ranked #1 p4p"

wtf2.gif

Did he beat him with a head into fists?!

And then he pranced around on tippy toes. And that is what he will he remembered for.

That and like 2 GIFs.

Anyone that’s been watching MMA for more than 5 years remembers him for the Legend he is. That fight doesn’t even come to mind when I think of Penn.

eddie_alvarez.0.jpg

Little Eddie?

That and like 2 GIFs.

while that was strange, if you remember him for that then it says more about you than him.

That and like 2 GIFs.
I disagree, I'll always remember him for that time I saw him at the airport..

Huge achievement, hespect...but...

"Hughes ranked #1 p4p"

View attachment 394983

You sound like you started watching MMA 12 minutes ago. At the point in time that BJ Penn took that WW belt Mr. Hughes was nigh invincible and on a very lengthy undefeated streak with multiple title defenses. BJ would have been his 14th consecutive win.

Then they became boyzzz...

Matt-Hughes-And-BJ-Penn-On-Bike.jpg

You sound like you started watching MMA 12 minutes ago. At the point in time that BJ Penn took that WW belt Mr. Hughes was nigh invincible and on a very lengthy undefeated streak with multiple title defenses. BJ would have been his 14th consecutive win.
I suggest u think twice about it. The year is 2003-2004.
Guess who else was rollin´ ? 2 other guys with legit HOFers in their streaks.

The only fights I remember is when Yair made short work of him and he tried to fight Edgar like he had a stick up his ass

That and like 2 GIFs.

YOu must be a young kid to utter such nonsense...all fighters have those crap fights when they are way past their prime..in his prime, bj was pretty much unstoppable in his weight class...arguably beat freaken lyoto machida, arguably beat gsp in their 1st fight...beat hughes 2x, destroyed everyone in his weight class with ease...

BJ Penn is one of the all time greats of this sport.
I can't even believe we are arguing about this, while half of Sherdog is in love with Covington.
I hope I'm dreaming, fucking hell...

When Penn was motivated, there was arguably no greater P4P fighter in MMA history.

Unfortunately, jumping weight classes and being fairly undisciplined in certain aspects of his career put him a level of two behind the all-time greats of the sport on a career front.

Back