BJ Penn moved up in Weight and beat the #1 P4P fighter

BJ was the man. Who licks blood off the glove? Only the man himself

BJ was a beast in his prime. If he fought with the same mentality as guys like DJ or GSP and never took risks with his career, he would have had one of the longest title runs ever at LW, but that wasn’t his style.

That’s the thing about Penn though. He wouldn’t be him if he fought safe and smart. He had this “I don’t give a fuck. I’ll fight anyone” attitude and he actually did do it. He wasn’t just all talk.

BJ is way too often forgotten or underrated by newer fans. There was a time most fans never thought he’d give up the LW strap. He was insanely game and would fight for the fans. Consider how GSP would not fight Anderson no matter how much the fans asked for it. BJ is a great - I dont care what W/L looks like, MMA aint boxing.

Only idiots debate that BJ Penn isn't an all time great and one of the ballsiest fighters ever

Then they became boyzzz...

Matt-Hughes-And-BJ-Penn-On-Bike.jpg

I bet guys who roll regularly are a lot less self conscious about things like wrapping their arms tight around another man's chest for long periods of time.

Motivated Prime BJ Penn never lost

Supremely talented man. I know it's beating a dead horse on this forum, but I really wish the work ethic matched the talent. BJ would be the GOAT of GOAT's.

I'm a Penn fan, but I thought he lost. Close fight but Machida edged him.

He had been steadily climbing weight classs at the time too.

I believe he fought a Gracie at Middleweight just prior.

Renzo or Rodrigo.

Also he is one of the very few clean fighters

He had been steadily climbing weight classs at the time too.

I believe he fought a Gracie at Middleweight just prior.

Renzo or Rodrigo.

He fought both, dont remember who was first tho

Big Tims defense record was one the longest standing records amongst ufc champions

1. Back then Hughes was a large WW. Now he would probably be a LW in today's climate. BJ didn't overcome any noticable size difference by today's standards. Its not like he was Conor outboxing a significantly larger Diaz brother

Nate-Diaz-Conor-McGregor-202.png

In fact, BJ Penn got his shit pushed in by the LESSER Diaz brother

2. Its a moot point that Highes was p4p#1. Conor already beat the p4p#1 in Aldo, before capturing a belt at a heavier weight class against a prime all time great LW in Alvarez.

Who did BJ beat to win the belt in his actual weight class? Oh that's right. TUF'er Joe Stevenson lol

So you can look at it as Conor's FW belt>>>>>>>>>>>>BJ's LW belt.

Mind you Conor also beat Mendes to win the interium belt, and that's another fucking GOAT win right there for Conor too

Here's another thought to consider.

I guarantee you that Alvarez beats BJ/Hughes, or at the least, that they are great toss up fights.

Listen, BJ and Hughes were great for their time. They don't stack up well today however.

I feel Alvarez including most of the top LWs would beat BJ/Hughes. Conor himself would wreck BJ and Hughes

People are downplaying just how huge Conor's win over Alvarez was and how Conor is the only one in MMA history to have ever made Alvarez look that bad

Conor's 2 belt accomplishment is by far the most significant in MMA history

Btw, BJ was NOT the #1 LW when he beat Hughes

Meanwhile Conor was actually the #1 FW when he moved up and beat Alvarez

Just more reasons as to why Conor's 2 belt accomplishment is the greatest in MMA

1. Back then Hughes was a large WW. Now he would probably be a LW in today's climate. BJ didn't overcome any noticable size difference by today's standards. Its not like he was Conor outboxing a significantly larger Diaz brother

2. Its a moot point that Highes was p4p#1. Conor already beat the p4p#1 in Aldo, before capturing a belt at a heavier weight class against a prime all time great LW in Alvarez.

Who did BJ beat to win the belt in his actual weight class? Oh that's right. TUF'er Joe Stevenson lol

Mind you Conor also beat Mendes to win the interium belt, and that's another fucking GOAT win right there for Conor too

I guarantee you that Alvarez beats BJ/Hughes, or at the least, that they are great toss up fights.

Listen, BJ and Hughes were great for their time. They don't stack up well today however.

I feel Alvarez including most of the top LWs would beat BJ/Hughes. Conor himself would wreck BJ and Hughes

People are downplaying just how huge Conor's win over Alvarez was and how Conor is the only one in MMA history to have ever made Alvarez look that bad

Just more reasons as to why Conor's 2 belt accomplishment is the greatest in MMA
Holy sh... Mc should pay u for all this work, mate...lmao

imagine if we got penn vs aldo in 2010 lol

edgar came outta nowhere and ruined everything

Impressive, you manage to turn a thread about BJ Penn into a Conor blow job.
I guess the "BJ" in BJ Penn got you confused...

Back