BJJ Black Belt Places Third in Another Wrestling Tournament

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Robby Malof places third in another wrestling tournament (won another one last year).

It is nice to see...

but, why doesn't he wear shoes? He wouldn't be able to limp leg out like that without any shoes.

Sitting on his ass and attempting a high-elbow guillotine... It is good he won, but he used illegal techniques (guillotine) twice and played with the same cheap and cheating tactics that he won with last year (torquing a kimura to reverse position and something else, I can't remember).

If you want to taunt opponents and celebrate (like you won a big tournament) at least wrestle by the rules and wear shoes...

Last edited:
I've seen his name around in other stories before (which i can't really recall, it was some dumb drama or something); he's one of those guys who're desperate to find ways to hack his name into the news with the minimum amount of talent, drive, or ability necessary. Even his cringy nickname (self-titled im sure) gives you that presumptuous striver vibe.

Last edited:
Robby Malof wins another wrestling tournament (won another one last year).

It is nice to see...

but, why doesn't he wear shoes? He wouldn't be able to limp leg out like that without any shoes.

Sitting on his ass and attempting a high-elbow guillotine... It is good he won, but he used illegal techniques (guillotine) twice and played with the same cheap and cheating tactics that he won with last year (torquing a kimura to reverse position and something else, I can't remember).

If you want to taunt opponents and celebrate (like you won a big tournament) at least wrestle by the rules and wear shoes...

This happened literally 15 minutes from where I work. He didn’t win the tournament, he dropped out of the 184 pound weight class to dodge the head coach of the local DIII school who entered. The DIII “all-American” that he beat hasn’t even trained in 5 years.. and this is his thoughts on the matter from Facebook
All I know is this. If dude gets paid off this, I want my pay check bruh. Use the W over me as free publicity, but cut me my check for my likeness. If me losing 2-1, after I hopped off the couch one weekend can get me paid, run me that bag LOL.
The tournament was a local off season tournament for the Cincinnati area kids with an open division for older guys to compete for fun. Literally NONE of the people he beat either year train even close to decent hobbyist level and he dodged the ones that did. And he trains every day. I actually don’t have a problem with him winning just his attitude

When after he posted on Facebook how amazing he was for beating an “all American” and insinuating how good he’d have done in Cleveland.. several people offered to pay for him to enter an in season open next year.. DI or below.. he wouldn’t even consider it.. scared of a real challenge to his ego I guess

This happened literally 15 minutes from where I work. He didn’t win the tournament, he dropped out of the 184 pound weight class to dodge the head coach of the local DIII school who entered. The DIII “all-American” that he beat hasn’t even trained in 5 years.. and this is his thoughts on the matter from Facebook

The tournament was a local off season tournament for the Cincinnati area kids with an open division for older guys to compete for fun. Literally NONE of the people he beat either year train even close to decent hobbyist level and he dodged the ones that did. And he trains every day. I actually don’t have a problem with him winning just his attitude

When after he posted on Facebook how amazing he was for beating an “all American” and insinuating how good he’d have done in Cleveland.. several people offered to pay for him to enter an in season open next year.. DI or below.. he wouldn’t even consider it.. scared of a real challenge to his ego I guess

Yes, these articles are ridiculous. They are never serious wrestling tournaments.

"Wrestler wins NAGA" somehow never becomes an article. I wonder why.

Well the tournaments website shows him taking third, not winning it.

http://spatolawrestling.com/2018-spatola-classic-tournament-results/

Edit: see other posts came in while I was watching the video and looking up the tournament.
He dodged the former DI all American who won the spatola classic last year is a head coach at a local high school and still trains, who also won a weight at the tournament this year

Like I said earlier, The dude also dodged the 3x DIII all American who still trains and won it at 184. The dude is an asshat for even pretending to brag about how he did at this tournament

I regret looking at his Facebook page and reading his comments about this tournament.

He is the definition of a tool box

Ryan Hall has entered some freestyle tournaments too. I think he did ok. I remember laughing bc he couldn't really help himself and he HAD to bjj a little bit. I'll find the video.

Someone should tell him JZ Cavalcante entered the Dave Schultz international and faced a DI champ and a world medalist. Mayhem Miller entered the US Open and took on Ben Askren. I find that more impressive. Rustam Chsiev entered the NYAC International and won some matches.

he looks sounds and acts like a fuck wit.

I think it shows that if you grapple there is crossover.

His self promotion methods are obviously questionable but even training just bjj he seems to be competent at wrestling.

I guess after the 5 to 15 years to get to BB you would expect that he could compete with inactive former wrestlers. Maybe even guys who used to be good.

I don't hate that he competes and does ok... his promotional methods are questionable though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back