BJJ immediately after strength training?

BJJ immediately after Strength Training?

• Total voters
How about Lifting and BJJ on the same day, but split into morning and evening? So weights from 10 -11, then BJJ from 6 - 7 for example?

That's a much better way to go about it if you got the time.

When I was hardcore into strength and conditioning I would do heavy squats then go run. I know a lot of guys that said that was counter active but I did it no issues. I also did deadlifts then train bjj. I don't do those things anymore but I used too. I don't think it will hurt you. It may take time to get used to it. I think it depends on what you want to do and what you tolerate.

When I was hardcore into strength and conditioning I would do heavy squats then go run. I know a lot of guys that said that was counter active but I did it no issues. I also did deadlifts then train bjj. I don't do those things anymore but I used too. I don't think it will hurt you. It may take time to get used to it. I think it depends on what you want to do and what you tolerate.

Yeah, last year I was pushed for quality training time, so I'd often lift, then go for a slow run through the park next to the gym. I've been advised that it's not optimal, though. An S&C coach I know says that when he trained a pro Rugby team, they always tried to leave a minimum of six hours between Strength and Cardio sessions. If possible, they did them on seperate days.

Nope, too old. Plus I do strength in the morning alternating with my cardio

ive done both before and after, and honestly one or the other suffers

now if your going to goto bjj later in the day after lifting and u can get some food and maybe a nap in you then maybe it would give u a fighting chance

I always feel great coming home from the gym but an hour or two later it gets harder and harder to even think about doing anything else but recover

and worse case scenario you injure yourself, so is it worth it? nah man just do it separate days if u can

Back