BJJ masters who drill alot

5thDimensionMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and rely less on rolling .Does it exist ? If I roll everyday , by the third day my body has no energy and is too sore to even put up a good figh z

Gianni Grippo drills a ton

But he also rolls a lot... Probably even amounts of both? Idk

Older guys tend to flow roll more when they do train

Gianni Grippo drills a ton

But he also rolls a lot... Probably even amounts of both? Idk

Older guys tend to flow roll more when they do train

Grippo flat out trains a lot /end

People can say he drills a lot or rolls a lot, but when you compare the overall volume of work vs the layman, the percentage split doesn't matter because he probably does one of the other more in a week than the layman's full week of training

When I do a good drilling session before the rolls I feel better than the next day the if I did just the rolls.

When I do a good drilling session before the rolls I feel better than the next day the if I did just the rolls.

There's a huge gap for me when I drill what I want and when I drill the techniques in class.

Most of the time when I drill in class I have to understand the move and it's not really likely that I will use it in live sparring afterwards. It's still really useful, it makes me understand new stuff etc...

But when I spend time drilling my own stuff, I know the move, it's efficient and I will surely use it in the rolls just after. I can even ask my drilling partner to put some resistance when I really want to test it.

There's a huge gap for me when I drill what I want and when I drill the techniques in class.

Most of the time when I drill in class I have to understand the move and it's not really likely that I will use it in live sparring afterwards. It's still really useful, it makes me understand new stuff etc...

But when I spend time drilling my own stuff, I know the move, it's efficient and I will surely use it in the rolls just after. I can even ask my drilling partner to put some resistance when I really want to test it.

This for sure.

I know there are several gaps in my game I need to fill.
It's often the reaction to the reaction—something that is rarely covered (at least in the schools I've trained at).

I don't thing I have really drilled things in organized class. Most of the times the classes consisted of watching (some much more often then not shit technique) and doing a couple reps of it in a unstructured manner (often even without setting the timer). By a real drilling session I mean just doing moves with timed rounds.

I would assume all "BJJ masters" drill a lot. But I'd also assume they roll a lot too.

Back