BJJ Quotes

BreezerD**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I'm writing a thesis about the perception of fighting (in general, not just bjj) by the general population and I'd really like some BJJ quotes to include.

I remember reading somewhere one by... I think Helio... Which said something like "men are made in different shapes and sizes with different athletic ability [..] Jiu Jitsu makes us all equal." so if anyone could dig that quote up, that would be much appreciated.

But yeah, anything else you think could be a worthwhile inclusion, please let me know. Oh, and if there are any quotes just about any type of fighting in general, please feel free to include them.

Remember, I'm looking for quotes that portray the finesse, beauty, courage etc in fighting.

I don't have any quotes, but that sounds interesting. Are you a psych student? Sociology? What exactly is the thesis.

It's actually for a high school (lol) English Extension major work. We're given almost year to write it. I'm in Australia so high school works a little differently here, but believe me that the quality of the work will be very good, comparable to first- and second-year university students.

NOT TO TOOT MY OWN HORN OR ANYTHING.

most well known quotes...

the one about being a shark, the ground is your ocean and most people cant swim?

or the one about the belt only covering two inches of your ass?

or the one about the ant crushing the elephant with technique?

i bet google could help you better here though

So I'm writing a thesis about the perception of fighting (in general, not just bjj) by the general population and I'd really like some BJJ quotes to include.

I remember reading somewhere one by... I think Helio... Which said something like "men are made in different shapes and sizes with different athletic ability [..] Jiu Jitsu makes us all equal." so if anyone could dig that quote up, that would be much appreciated.

I've always heard this quote as "God created man. God created big men, and small men. Man created Jiu Jitsu. Jiu Jitsu makes us all equal."

I can't say for sure who the original author was though.

"How did Ricardo Arona get in my guard? Maybe he took me down, it doesn't matter, maybe I just woke up one morning and Ricardo Arona was in my guard. Here's what I'm gonna do."

- Mario Sperry instructional

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." -Marcelo Garcia

"Jiu-jitsu is the gentle art. It's the art where a small man is going to prove to you, no matter how strong you are, no matter how mad you get, that you're going to have to accept defeat. Thats what Brazilian Jiu-jitsu is." -Saulo Ribeiro

The tight jeans one always cracks me up.
Anyway the quote you are talking about is:
"God created man. God created big men and little men. Man created Jiu Jitsu. Jiu Jitsu makes us all equal."
I'm not sure who said it.

If you're looking for quotes about fighting, though not nessicarily BJJ, check out some of bruce lee's quotes(you could google it, the Tao of Jeet kun do or striking thoughts have them in book form if you need something to directly reference

If you're looking for quotes about fighting, though not nessicarily BJJ, check out some of bruce lee's quotes(you could google it, the Tao of Jeet kun do or striking thoughts have them in book form if you need something to directly reference

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." -Marcelo Garcia

"Jiu-jitsu is the gentle art. It's the art where a small man is going to prove to you, no matter how strong you are, no matter how mad you get, that you're going to have to accept defeat. Thats what Brazilian Jiu-jitsu is." -Saulo Ribeiro

Thank you! This is what I was looking for.

There were some other good ones too.

Please keep giving suggestions guys, this is very much appreciated.

The quote thread has been done several times you should do a search I remember some interesting one.

Like Renzo talking about pride and blood and how life is an everyday fight even to get your ass out of bed. As usual he's a goofy mofo but bottom line he's right big time,

What you gon' do with all that junk?
All that junk inside your trunk?
I'ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.

-Helio Gracie

Back