BJJ Quotes

The funny thing is, lions get out of the way when elephants come by. There's one place in Africa where lions will sometimes attack and kill adult elephants, but its always a whole pride of lions against a single elephant - when the elephant herd (or even a second elephant) shows up the lions scatter. Size seems to matter in the jungle too :icon_twis

That's why we have teams in Jiu Jitsu.

A champion knows no failure, to him there is no such thing as retreat

Not BJJ specific but I like this one:
"When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no "I'll start tomorrow." Tomorrow is disease. - V.L. Allineare

"Jiu-Jitsu: Where size doesn't matter until you've trained as hard as I do. In
the beginning, big guys feel incredibly strong...and at first I am the
mouse, but after 2 or 3 minutes, they get tired...then I become the lion."

All the hours spent watching TV will be replaced by training. Instead of your good smelling girlfriend, you will be rolling around with bad smelling, sweaty men. Your ears will become deformed until they look like cauliflowers. Your fingers will become callous and your joints will hurt, your knees and ankles will never be the same again. Yet, you will be able to practice this sport jiu-jitsu and you WILL love it!

sweet! love this quote you know who said it?

What you gon' do with all that junk?
All that junk inside your trunk?
I'ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.

-Helio Gracie

That is incredibly disrespectful to the art Helio Gracie himself as well as the person asking the question

"Judo, we don't throw punches and kicks... We throw people". By, CajunJudoka

not BJJ

So unskillful Oshchepkov was ruthless flown on hard tatami, more experienced wrestlers strangled him, broke his arms, but he, as it is in judo, thanked them for the lesson

I love that quote
cool article
Russian Sambo Combat

Saw on another thread a week ago:

Keep your friends close, but your elbows closer.

This is for Judo but i guess it also applies to BJJ

"Other martial arts break boards, we break people"

"Weights don't hit back" I heard this on a UFC countdown show. I think it might have been Frank Mir.

"A broken arm can't punch you."

Back