BJJ Quotes

From the other Game Changers i.e Epiphanies topic i really liked this one.

keep your friends close but your elbows closer

So, my favorite, I finally snapped a photo at the academy and transcribed it. It doesn't have the author given though?

The Language of Jiu Jitsu

White: You are just learning the words. You do not always fully understand them, but you are starting to build a vocabulary. You can sometimes get your point across with a single word, or two strung together, but that is usually by accident.

Blue: You have built up your word vocabulary, and are starting to use sentences. They are not always well punctuated, and are most often very simple. You are starting to notice the intricacies of those who write well, but are not yet able to match their abilities.

Purple: You have a good understanding of how sentences are put together, and are finding ways to say the same thing using different approaches. You are working on proper grammar, and can now start to put together well structured paragraphs. Your individual style is also starting to come through.

Brown: You style and writing ability are very well established. You are more than capable of writing a book.

Black: Poetry.

"this isn't ping pong, move your hips!!" my instructor to me, as i would always just block guard pass's by posting/pushing the opponent away which only prolongs the inevitable pass to come.

Okay this is not bjj related but I heard this song after my tournament this weekend where I lost both my matches in my weight and open-weight divisions and it helped to motivate me.

Don't know how many posters like hiphop/r&b though . . .

Mainly Maino's verse:

Yeah its like I'm in the 12th round,
but I still keep fighting, odds is against me,
I still keep trying, one foot forward
man I gotta keep striving,
life is a road baby, never stop driving,
mama didn't lie when she told me I'm a winner,
gotta stand up go and get it now or never,
even when its painful, never let it break you, never fear,
if it don't kill you it makes you stronger, stronger,
mind of a soldier, spirit of a champion, militant and boulder,
king of my dreams I'm the master of my destiny,