BJJ Tattoos

Thanks for the kind words. The Bushido code didn't take that long but holy crap did it hurt. Ribs aren't the most enjoyable place to get work done but everyone is different. My wife has a huge script piece on her ribs and she took it like a champ. I'm a wienie comparably.

thats my theory on tats in general...i just feel as if when your 70, u probably arent still going to want barb wire on your bicep, u know

That's a great way of seeing it but the other way is: Who gives a crap what people think of you when you are in your 70s or 80s or whatever? When you are walking around in diapers with dementia, tattoos would be the last of your worries. We are never going to be in our 20s, 30s or whatever again. Enjoy your life now, because when you get old, there wont be much to enjoy :icon_chee. That's what I think.

Last edited:
That's a great way of thinking of it but the other way is: Who gives a crap what people think of you when you are in your 70s or 80s or whatever? When you are walking around in diapers with dementia, tattoos would be the last of your worries. We are never going to be in our 20s, 30s or whatever again. Enjoy your life now, because when you are in get old, there wont be much to enjoy :icon_chee. That's what I think.

Agreed man. I mean I keep it classy. Nothing that is going to be a problem for me work-wise but in the end do what you want.

Very clean Ned. If you don't mind, what was the finished price of that sleeve?

Very clean Ned. If you don't mind, what was the finished price of that sleeve?

I paid in Korean Won. Maybe about $1,900 USD give or take. Actually, he only charged me for about 20 hours (he charges 100,000 Won an hour-a little less than $100.00 USD), and it took about 35 hours I think. Actually, we had only discussed doing my arm. Then he started drawing on my chest, so I was like "okay". I was psyched but not looking forward to doing my chest again since it really hurts.

I know here in the U.S. I would have paid a whole lot more.

Damn, that's a great price for that quality work. I would have expected $140/hour and about $3k for the finished product

Man, this thread always makes me want to get more ink. Gotta hustle up some cash!

Damn, that's a great price for that quality work. I would have expected $140/hour and about $3k for the finished product

Man, this thread always makes me want to get more ink. Gotta hustle up some cash!

Yeah, his prices are great. And, he's really well known. People fly him to Europe all the time and different parts of Asia, so that they can get tattoos from him. When I get my black belt one day, I want to get a back piece from him, but he lives so far away.

Also, he did all clouds, cherry blossoms, and the lightning all free hand!

Looks great, except for blue mans hands. His "right" hand is especially bad, looks like a left!

Back