BJJ works!

ispartakus

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Been trying to convince myself to go back to training though I have limited funds and some health issues, lost motivation and gained weight since my Dad's passing, but the incident last night has pushed me contact the local gym that has opened and start asap.

Got into a scuffle yesterday, although I haven't trained BJJ for many years now. The adrenaline dump was tremendous as I was gasping for air in the middle of the fight. Didn't know why I had to headlock the guy, maybe due to panic or the hallway space is too narrow, but was able to pin him down and rain punches, he was a bit drunk but strong, so he gave me his back so I got RNC (I think I didn't lock it properly as well) but he was almost unconscious and very bloody, eyes almost shut, when other tenants convinced me to let go. I was at the bottom initially when he threw punches, while I was shouting at the tenants to help me get him off since he's a bit drunk and won't stop, but no one helped, so I just got up and grabbed his left leg and went on top, as BJJ instinct to mount got into my head, then the GnP.

I'm planning to file a police report just for the record, but not to file charges, just so if this happens again I'm not going into trouble. I have cuts and bruises to show forth to the police, I think I also have shoulder socket problem now. Do you think I just go with this plan and report?

Thanks for your advice guys.

BJJ helped me when no one will, when no one can.

Post pictures of yourself of the aftermath or it didn't happen. o_O

Lol. You beat up a drunk. Congrats.

Seriously though. You should consider going to a real bjj class.

I remember when bjj saved me in an imaginary fight for the first time, too. The feels brah

It works better in the bedroom, mounted triangles are my specialty

Post pictures of yourself of the aftermath or it didn't happen. o_O
:) doesn't matter if you believe it or not. It's on police file now. The good officer told me to continue training BJJ, turned out he's a Judo higher rank. Thug has a history of violence and court appearances so I was told.

-End of Story-

Pics and you’ll get a little respect

Always file a report.

Careful with the excessive force.

All this shit's wicked against civilians.

Covington filed a report once
913607a3dd5cd4fea3ca4a6cf44fb651--gracie-barra-brazilian-jui-jitsu.jpg

Pics and you’ll get a little respect
First, I don't need validation from random posters. All I was hoping for was proper advice if I should go report it, but since I decided to anyway, all good, bro.
3 other tenants watched and cleaned up the blood splattered all over the hall, but no one had the guts to take photos as they are terrified by the bully and didn't want to get involved or mediate, guess scared the bully might turn on them some other day.
Like I've said, BJJ saved my a$$ when I was asking for help and no one dared.
Major lesson I got is to go back to training as my technique is shitty, I'll never know when I might need it again, thug could decide not to move or lalndlord might not kick him out. As I type, he's smoking outside the building just after some loud noises on his room wall from perhaps punching it, still upset and apeshit.

Seriously, that's what the cop suggested, but I've been here for many years now since the place is a perfect fit for me and the thug is like what, barely 3 months? I've given it a thought, but nah, I'd take the risk and file for assault charges if he starts again (as long as I'm not brain dead, lol). Just a moment ago saw him at the other end of the hallway and threatened me gravely and that's something bad will happen to me. I just looked at him and ignored. I believe I could take him again, but what I'm worried about are his homies before he finally leaves since the landlord has asked him to find a new place.

Back