BJS wants to fight Danny Jacobs!

As usual none of you guys know what the hell you're talking about.

Adrien Broner is way too big to lose to Mikey Garcia.

You can bet on it like I am!

you mean i got a fight wrong, since i thought broner had a good chance of winning...

as a fuken +600?

let me guess, you are always right on your boxing picks?

you are never wrong?

i mean, youre ridiculing a guy who lost a +600, do you even understand how stupid that is?

Last edited:
now i may be a little partial because i believe that jones jr by far is the best commentator in boxing today but roy insinuating that canelo doesnt have the style to trouble bjs, that alvarez is not one of the two fighters that jones jr believes could beat saunders(jacobs, ggg), this has no signficance whatsoever?

this without even taking the UK venue into consideration?

oh my

thats just fuken horrible

to a certain extent straight out ignorance
Of Roy Jones Jr has even heard of bet365 I’ll be amazed. His opinion has no relevance to the odds in the bet you were offered. He has as much relevance to a bookmaker setting a line as I do to outcomes of matchups in the world Kabbadi championships.

You think the venue would make a difference? If the fight took place at Wembley, which it wouldn’t. You think the deck isn’t still stacked in favor of the Ppv draw in the USA?

Calling me fuken horrible and ignorant is up to you but I’ll remember all of these posts if they ever fight. Saunders is going sleepy times.

For the record, again, BJS is not a fan favorite in the UK and never particularly has been. Tweeting things like “Women with smelly fannys should be executed” doesn’t normally mark you out as a baby face.

If Canelo fights BJS in the UK, it won’t be with three Frank Warren hand picked and pocketed judges that’s for sure, and half the crowd will be turning up primarily to see Canelo, not BJS.

For what it’s worth, I think it could be an interesting fight, but no way in hell it happens the UK (mores the pity).

Of Roy Jones Jr has even heard of bet365 I’ll be amazed. His opinion has no relevance to the odds in the bet you were offered. He has as much relevance to a bookmaker setting a line as I do to outcomes of matchups in the world Kabbadi championships.

You think the venue would make a difference? If the fight took place at Wembley, which it wouldn’t. You think the deck isn’t still stacked in favor of the Ppv draw in the USA?

Calling me fuken horrible and ignorant is up to you but I’ll remember all of these posts if they ever fight. Saunders is going sleepy times.

For the record, again, BJS is not a fan favorite in the UK and never particularly has been. Tweeting things like “Women with smelly fannys should be executed” doesn’t normally mark you out as a baby face.

my opinion of bjs going off as a favorite only applies to the fight taking place in the UK. and jones jr has nothing to do with the odds, just a respected opinion who appears to favor bjs in a matchup with canelo, so this is relevant to people thinking that there is no way that bjs could be favored against canelo in the UK

as for bjs going sleppytimes, it could happen, but it has yet to happen against 154s trout, floyd, cotto or lara, a grand total of one kd in 48 rounds

Saunders probably sees the final bell because he would run for his life.

as for bjs going sleppytimes, it could happen, but it has yet to happen against 154s trout, floyd, cotto or lara, a grand total of one kd in 48 rounds
oh, right. i forgot about this bullshit. wasn't this why he was going to get destroyed by golovkin? he couldn't possibly be a good middleweight, because he didn't knock those guys down 10 times like martin fucking murray would have.
Saunders probably sees the final bell because he would run for his life.
i respectfully disagree. canelo would find him, and hit him with heavy shots. BJS might make it out of the fight, but that's because i assume he has a solid chin. wouldn't surprise me one bit if he got put away on a crisp counter, though.

did you watch the trout fight?

are you saying that 154 austin trout is a better fighter than prime 160 martin murray

because murray was a pretty successful 160 so austin should have no problems moving up to mw, which he will never do because he will have zero success

ffs, a faded martin murray fighting out of his natural weight class had 168 george groves down to a -200 in live betting late in the fight.

the same george groves that was one of the favorites to win the smw tournament

now please, stop going full retard on some hypothetical fight that will never happen

seriously, i would hate to be your wife should she forget to take out the trash one day

youre trying to establish something that is competely irrelevant to anything

Canelo was 22 at the time and Trout was his first step up fight. More than that, I'd say Trout was every bit the fighter that Murray was relative to their weights (he was certainly more accomplished than Murray, and I'd go as far to say that he was better). I'll even go as far to say that Trout probably would have had success at MW fighting the calibre of opposition that Murray did (he would have been competitive with all of Murray's opponents at the weight save Golovkin who destroyed Murray). Finally, Canelo has improved dramatically since that fight.

My point in bringing up your opinion on that fight (that the mythical "prime" Murray would easily beat or destroy Canelo at MW) is that you have a history of clearly underestimating Canelo's ability. The fact you stand by this opinion even after Canelo was extremely competitive with a fighter who destroyed Murray at MW suggests to me that your opinions on Canelo vs anyone are always going to colored with a ton of bias. That's why I brought this up.

Canelo was 22 at the time and Trout was his first step up fight. More than that, I'd say Trout was every bit the fighter that Murray was relative to their weights (he was certainly more accomplished than Murray, and I'd go as far to say that he was better). I'll even go as far to say that Trout probably would have had success at MW fighting the calibre of opposition that Murray did (he would have been competitive with all of Murray's opponents at the weight save Golovkin who destroyed Murray). Finally, Canelo has improved dramatically since that fight.

My point in bringing up your opinion on that fight (that the mythical "prime" Murray would easily beat or destroy Canelo at MW) is that you have a history of clearly underestimating Canelo's ability. The fact you stand by this opinion even after Canelo was extremely competitive with a fighter who destroyed Murray at MW suggests to me that your opinions on Canelo vs anyone are always going to colored with a ton of bias. That's why I brought this up.

i just dont think canelo is as good as people think he is and is going to have issues going forward at 160. but its hard if not impossible to fade canelo because of the gbp judges so i dont spend much time if any looking to bet against him because of his excellent punch resistance, unlike erislandry lara who i cant wait to fade

and it could be unfair to compare todays 35-year-old golovkin to the one that fought martin murray in february of 2015, six fights ago. gennady has the type of style(pressure/output) that does not age well(hagler done at 33). im not going to dig up the youtube interview with sparring partner david benavedez but when asked about golovkin prior to his may 2017 fight with medina, the 20 year-old paused and said that golokvin still had the power...almost admitting that his friend was slipping in other aspects of his game most notably cardio and output, the same trait that felled paq later in his career when mannys defense was his offense(cotto said that he just couldnt keep up with pacs punches that came from everywhere, this the reason he lost).

like i said, i dont spend too much time on canelo because you cant bet against him, the only method of betting a cenelo fight imo is by decision.

my opinion of bjs going off as a favorite only applies to the fight taking place in the UK. and jones jr has nothing to do with the odds, just a respected opinion who appears to favor bjs in a matchup with canelo, so this is relevant to people thinking that there is no way that bjs could be favored against canelo in the UK

Reading comprehension, please get some if you’re going to argue points that I’m actually making.

If you’re going to call me names for shit I haven’t said please don’t quote me and make it sound like I did.

Thanks.

i just dont think canelo is as good as people think he is and is going to have issues going forward at 160. but its hard if not impossible to fade canelo because of the gbp judges so i dont spend much time if any looking to bet against him because of his excellent punch resistance, unlike erislandry lara who i cant wait to fade

and it could be unfair to compare todays 35-year-old golovkin to the one that fought martin murray in february of 2015, six fights ago. gennady has the type of style(pressure/output) that does not age well(hagler done at 33). im not going to dig up the youtube interview with sparring partner david benavedez but when asked about golovkin prior to his may 2017 fight with medina, the 20 year-old paused and said that golokvin still had the power...almost admitting that his friend was slipping in other aspects of his game most notably cardio and output, the same trait that felled paq later in his career when mannys defense was his offense(cotto said that he just couldnt keep up with pacs punches that came from everywhere, this the reason he lost).

like i said, i dont spend too much time on canelo because you cant bet against him, the only method of betting a cenelo fight imo is by decision.
Walk me through the similarities you see on watching tape on hagler and golovkin. From this post and the throwaway comparison I bet you’ve never looked at both fighters who are enormously different to each other, but I’d like to hear it.

i respectfully disagree. canelo would find him, and hit him with heavy shots. BJS might make it out of the fight, but that's because i assume he has a solid chin. wouldn't surprise me one bit if he got put away on a crisp counter, though.
I cant see Saunders wanting to mix it up with Canelo. Hed try to pull a Lara imo.

Walk me through the similarities you see on watching tape on hagler and golovkin. From this post and the throwaway comparison I bet you’ve never looked at both fighters who are enormously different to each other, but I’d like to hear it.

how are two guys, who relied on granite chins, output, pressure and a high ko ratio, enormously different?

i bet youve never looked at both fighters but walk me through it

id like to hear it

how are two guys, who relied on granite chins, output, pressure and a high ko ratio, enormously different?

i bet youve never looked at both fighters but walk me through it

id like to hear it
Lol, they relied on high ko ratios? Is that a new type of punch I’m not accustomed to? Output pressure, you mean throwing punches? Or are you talking about their respective ways to cut off the ring?

You realise that southpaws and righties have different footwork requirements and that every fighter has tells on how they are trying to set up their punches, certain combinations they go back to when they can’t make the other fighter fight the fight they want to, any of that?

You can’t answer a question with exactly the same question, especially when you aren’t understanding what people are saying to you in the first place...

Reading comprehension, please get some if you’re going to argue points that I’m actually making.

If you’re going to call me names for shit I haven’t said please don’t quote me and make it sound like I did.

Thanks.

are you talking about the fact that you give little credence to roy jones jr insinuating that canelo is not one of the three middleweights that would give bjs any problems?

i mean, youre some guy on the internet and roy jones jr was the fighter of the decade in the 2000s, a future hall of famer and is a hbo fight commentator

now, until you can respect the opinion of jones jr, who only a complete dweeb would discount when it comes to boxing, kindly do not try to engage with me

thanks

Lol, they relied on high ko ratios? Is that a new type of punch I’m not accustomed to? Output pressure, you mean throwing punches? Or are you talking about their respective ways to cut off the ring?

You realise that southpaws and righties have different footwork requirements and that every fighter has tells on how they are trying to set up their punches, certain combinations they go back to when they can’t make the other fighter fight the fight they want to, any of that?

You can’t answer a question with exactly the same question, especially when you aren’t understanding what people are saying to you in the first place...

well, no fuken shit.

they both had iron jaws and relied on their power and said jaw to win fights.

by the way, hagler fought a considerable amount orthodox, being a switch hitter, which really has minimal to do with the fact that they both relied on power, output, pressure and punch resistance to break down their opponents

If we were talking about the Saunders who fought Eubank Jr., Lee, Akavov, and even Monroe Jr., then I might have some real confidence in Canelo stopping him. Saunders has proven a solid chin, though. He faded terribly against two big punchers in Eubank Jr. and Lee and they both hit him with big shots which he was able to eat even when he was exhausted.

A Saunders with good stamina is a good fighter, though. If he doesn't fade, then I really doubt Canelo would stop him. I think he'd counter Saunders enough and get the better of the majority of the exchanges to the point where Saunders' workrate would really drop and he simply wouldn't do enough to win any rounds, but actually stopping Saunders if he shows up in good shape would be tough for even Golovkin and Jacobs (both men who hit harder than Canelo and have a higher workrate).

Thanks.

i think i know who you are from another boxing forum and its best if we dont converse. it went badly for you before and, frankly, i dont have the time

im just too busy

sorry

are you talking about the fact that you give little credence to roy jones jr insinuating that canelo is not one of the three middleweights that would give bjs any problems?

i mean, youre some guy on the internet and roy jones jr was the fighter of the decade in the 2000s, a future hall of famer and is a hbo fight commentator

now, until you can respect the opinion of jones jr, who only a complete dweeb would discount when it comes to boxing, kindly do not try to engage with me

thanks
I said he doesn’t set odds. The fact you have interpreted it completely incorrectly is a case of you wanting to start an argument.

well, no fuken shit.

they both had iron jaws and relied on their power and said jaw to win fights.

by the way, hagler fought a considerable amount orthodox, being a switch hitter, which really has minimal to do with the fact that they both relied on power, output, pressure and punch resistance to break down their opponents
So the answer is still that you don’t know? Ok.

Back