black farmers were sold fake crop seeds to drive them into bankruptcy

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by JosephDredd, Jul 10, 2018.

1. panamaican

panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

They know that because they took the seeds to the Mississippi State University to have them tested. The test came back revealing that the seeds the farmers had in their possession were not the same as the certified seeds that the company was selling. It's in the article but it seems that people might not have read that part.

Whether or not these farmers were the only recipients of the fraudulent seeds is unknown. But so far there doesn't appear to be any white farmers bringing their own lawsuits on the matter or attached to the black farmers lawsuit as co-plaintiffs. It appears that only black farmers have had enough of a bad experience to warrant litigating the matter.

2. JamesRussler

JamesRussler Brown Belt

I sort of assumed you would talk about that. The best position here is to just let discovery play out – Take some depositions; have some experts examine the seeds, and the field. Let's look at the e-mails, invoices, reports, etc. After that, we'll be in a better position to make a better. The farmers' allegations are pretty outrageous to say the least, so they better have a damn good basis for making them.

milkmandanl and jefferz like this.
  3. hiphopnazi

hiphopnazi Brown Belt

Careful now both lines are very blurry at the moment.

4. JosephDredd

JosephDredd Gold Belt

Got the seeds tested, not what they paid for, law enforcement launching an investigation.

I don't feel like clicking back to are your post. Was one of your arguments that the farmers are trying to blame people because they're not good farmers?

5. JamesRussler

JamesRussler Brown Belt

Law enforcement probably should investigate allegations of criminal activity, but if they turn out to be completely baseless, it ought to come back around to the accuser.

6. Judge

Judge Banned Banned

Classic democrats. Didn't know the DNC owned a seed company. Thought they would have had to liquidate it once Obama bankrupted them.

7. Hunter Simpson

Hunter Simpson 2GM/c^2 belt

Actually, I think they do have a lock in an age when such things are patented and tightly controlled.

There's no generic option like with medications.

8. JosephDredd

JosephDredd Gold Belt

Seeds were tested by experts.

9. JosephDredd

JosephDredd Gold Belt

10. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

You dont think they actually filed the lawsuit?

You must be some kind of fucking retard

11. lilelvis

lilelvis Brown Belt Platinum Member

Fuck @JosephDredd , you killed it with the thread title here..
    I'm going to submit this mastery to huffPo for you.

12. panamaican

panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

That actually doesn't make logical sense. If you just hate specific actions then your contempt is for the individuals who engage in those actions. If you're assigning the hated actions to the entire "culture" then you're assigning the hated actions to the people who comprise the culture and your hate has to include them as a group.

If you're truly separating the actions from the group people then you wouldn't be hating a "culture", unless you can be sure that no other culture has numerous people currently engaged in the same actions that you hate.

13. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

When the White farmers using the same seed see much higher yields than the Black farmers , who by the way had the seeds tested and found they weren't the branded seeds they paid for, then racism is a very real possibility. I mean it's not like the US and the South especially barely have a history of trying to stick it to Black people..

Sohei likes this.
  14. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Odds are the distributor or some employees at the distributor packaged non branded seeds in bags carrying the brand label of the seeds the Black farmers thought they were buying. Allowing the criminals to sell the branded seeds a 2nd time. Now they may have only sold the 'fake' seeds to Black farmers, figuring that it is better for Black farmers to get screwed than White farmers.

PainIsLIfe and panamaican like this.
  15. PainIsLIfe

PainIsLIfe Gold Belt

Reading the suit it appears to me that they're alleging the distributor and his partner switched the seeds at their separately owned business (ConceptAg), but that Stine is responsible because 1 of the fraudsters is a Stine district sales rep.

There's also an issue of ConceptAg "treating" the Stine seeds and putting them back into Stine bags (something the plaintiffs paid for) which seems to be when the seed were switched.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article214682110.html

IngaVovchanchyn likes this.
  16. PainIsLIfe

PainIsLIfe Gold Belt

Racism or simply GREED, but not cool either way.

MicroBrew likes this.
  17. PainIsLIfe

PainIsLIfe Gold Belt

It's not the seed company; it's 2 guys running a scheme on the side that did this.

The suit is pulling in the seed company because they still owe money for the real seeds that they bought on credit plus the seed company is probably the only 1 with any real money.

Sohei and Gandhi like this.
  18. Gandhi

Gandhi War Room Deep State Platinum Member

I would want to really study the supply chain for those particular seeds before asserting anything definitive, but Farmer made it sound highly competitive, at the distributor level at least.

Hunter Simpson likes this.
  19. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Might be greed 1st and racism 2nd.

PainIsLIfe likes this.
  20. Amerikuracana

Amerikuracana Titanium Belt

I think it's possible, but I don't see stuff like that with my eyes irl very often. I think it's also possible that something wrong was done with the seeds and they didn't grow for that reason. If it is found out that some white dudes plotted to sell black guys bad seeds, then that is some weird racist crap. No, it would not make business sense, and would take a weird amount of racism from a lot of people. Maybe yes, maybe no