black farmers were sold fake crop seeds to drive them into bankruptcy

Something is fishy here. Even if they sold them non certified seed, it would still get a much higher yield than single digits.

Last edited:
If true, the Stine Seed Co should be forced to pay big. Also, if true, seems like a conspiracy, so I'd like to see who else is involved.

Not saying it's impossible, but that would be quite a yarn of a giant conspiracy with terms among several parties (the seed company and at least one farmer interested in acquiring the land) about who gets what and how much and such. No way the seed guy throws his business in the shitter for a favor or racism, IMO.

Seed sellers tend to want to sell seeds. Not wreck folks because they're black.

Sickening and they deserve to be compensated VERY WELL.

God will make it right.

Interesting, because no company has ever had employees sell fake or watered down versions of a product in order to pocket profits for themselves. And it's certainly out of the question that a thief and embezzler might be racist, too.
If there was some tom foolery, odds are it was the distributor and not the main company. I own one of those machines to stitch bags, they're not that hard to buy.

Interesting, because no company has ever had employees sell fake or watered down versions of a product in order to pocket profits for themselves. And it's certainly out of the question that a thief and embezzler might be racist, too.

I'm calling fake news on this one. Best seed I can sell creates return customers, referrals, gives me a good rep and all that increases revenues, which is why I'm in business.

Smells like bullshit. What is the motivation for the seed seller to give a paying customer garbage seeds? Makes no business sense.
To screw them over? Racism? They substitute the real seeds for cheaper or fake ones, allowing them to sell the real seeds a 2nd time.

but why would they? people would just give them bad reviews on yelp..... or instagram pics of their shoddy products/work. I heard Dave Rubin say so..... and he seems like a guy that knows what he's talking about! ;)

If there was some tom foolery, odds are it was the distributor and not the main company. I own one of those machines to stitch bags, they're not that hard to buy.

Then we're going up another layer and the distributor wouldn't necessarily even know those seeds were going to the black farmers, correct?

They want to sell quality seeds to everyone who farms the land, no matter their race. That is the business model. Not racism. Or they would be out of business.

Oh, and this thread is going places.
Makes sense. I hope you are right.

To screw them over? Racism? They substitute the real seeds for cheaper or fake ones, allowing them to sell the real seeds a 2nd time.

A Wharton Business School grad, I presume? The white farmers wouldn't buy seed from a seed seller who sells duds. Nobody would. Starting this year. The seed seller would go belly up, quick. And you think the white farmers and the black farmers aren't friends? Don't talk, golf, eat and drink together? Whatever? Absurd as presented, IMO.

Note this is in Memphis where 2/3rds of the people are black.

Your point?

The fuck does the racial makeup of the city have to do with a seed deal?

http://m.wmcactionnews5.com/story/3...nally-sold-fake-seeds-in-memphis-lawsuit-says

I'll just get this out of the way early, so you-know-who doesn't need to pop in with his usual contribution: "The black farmers were probably just burglars anyways. No big deal."

So anyways, yeah, this is fucking appalling. I hope it's not true for a number of reasons, but mainly because there's probably not going to be any sort of real justice done against a major agriculture company in a farm state.
I can't tell if we're talking about @bobgeese or @bushman505, but it's provocative...

giphy.gif

The only way it makes sense is if they are in cahoots with someone who wants the land.

Which would be adbsurdly possible.

Related businesses, associates and family run in circles. It isn't crazy that someone in that company could know someone looking to buy some land and they could both be assholes.

Hopefully not, but its possible.

Which would be adbsurdly possible.

Related businesses, associates and family run in circles. It isn't crazy that someone in that company could know someone looking to buy some land and they could both be assholes.

Hopefully not, but its possible.

Of course it's possible, but it has a lot of moving parts. As presented, this is unlikely to be a simple crime but one involving several distinct parties with distinct motives.

Not saying it's impossible, but that would be quite a yarn of a giant conspiracy with terms among several parties (the seed company and at least one farmer interested in acquiring the land) about who gets what and how much and such. No way the seed guy throws his business in the shitter for a favor or racism, IMO.

Seed sellers tend to want to sell seeds. Not wreck folks because they're black.

So a total of 2 people or 2 parties needed?

Wow, where on earth are there 2 people?

Or 2 assholes who may or may not be racist or be criminals looking for an opportunity?

Damn, I've never in my entire life heard of there being 2 racists or 2 slimey businessmen.

Maybe 1, maybe, but never 2.

They want to sell quality seeds to everyone who farms the land, no matter their race. That is the business model. Not racism. Or they would be out of business.

Oh, and this thread is going places.
Wow. I wish I saw the world through your rose tinted shades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back