Black folks react to Megadeth's "Holy Wars"

G

Guestx

I always think it's interesting to see black folks and metal collide considering that, relatively speaking, there are very few black metal fans out there. And Holy Wars is one of the best metal songs of all time, so that's a great one to use to get exposed to Megadeth.

These guys apparently do a lot of music reaction videos, but they don't usually cover metal.

And I guess this girl is one of those relatively few black metal fans (although she didn't know who Dave Mustaine's name so . . . maybe she's a new metal fan?)

It isnt that great of a song. They should have chosen something like Testament. They have better melodies. Or even Exodus and Anthrax.

I rather watch Muppet renditions of G-Funk classics…

I grew up to that song.

The first two blacks had a good analysis. I agree with them. Interesting to see their reaction. Those guys are great!!!

Last edited:
here in NYC, though they may be a minority at the shows, there is a strong black presence. and they ain't afraid to go full out into the mosh pits.

i remember being at a show once, there was this huge black guy, had to be around 6'4", 250lbs of muscle. the guy was shredded, and not one person would go close to the guy in the mosh pit. felt kind of bad for the guy. he goes to a metal show to have fun, hit the pit, and no one wants to be anywhere close to him in the pit.

saw this the other day. Mustaine's solo does suck, but they can't tell. but they did acknowledge a lot the plus sides to the song (Mustaine's vocal range, the movements in the song etc.).

That intro riff is one of the greatest in metal history and that album is a thrash masterpiece.

Last edited:
finally got around to watching the 2 guy review, and the guy on the right looks like he needs to take a shit everytime he starts really getting into it.
also, i'm not a big fan of megadeth, but holy wars is my favorite megadeth song and probably a top 10 all time for me as well. so good choice of song on their part.

i tried once making love to a women while metal was blaring in the background, it got out of control real fast and very rough, had to turn it off before someone got hurt

compared to Marty's solos of course. just like in Lucretia as well. Marty's solo is magnificent in that track, & then Dave's solo ruins it right after IMO haha.

I'm playing the main riff right now.
It's so satisfying, it's got a tight metal swing to it.

That entire album (minus Dawn Patrol) is purest metal glory.

Best speed metal band of all.

compared to Marty's solos of course. just like in Lucretia as well. Marty's solo is magnificent in that track, & then Dave's solo ruins it right after IMO haha.
You know you're my bud, but I couldn't disagree with you more right now. Not that marty isn't an amazing lead. Hell, Dave, Dave, Marty and Nick was the goat lineup.

Back