Black folks react to Megadeth's "Holy Wars"

Megadeth has actually a few of "radio friendly" songs for new fans to get into, Holy Wars isn't one of them.

Trust
Symphony of Destruction
She Wolf
Almost Honest

come to mind.
I've been digging "A Secret Place" lately.
Basically two hand positions. Great song.

I hate the songs with extended talking parts or prerecorded segments.
There are some songs I don't listen to because he runs some idiotic "teevee announcer" type recording underneath the music.
"Dave... do you really think people want to hear this shit every time they listen to the song?"
Apparently the answer is yes, since they use those same recordings in concert performances.
Aye I'm not a huge fan of those bits either but as far as a more radio friendly tune or that "black folks" may like a wee bit more I went with Sweating Bullets over Holy Wars.

Aye I'm not a huge fan of those bits either but as far as a more radio friendly tune or that "black folks" may like a wee bit more I went with Sweating Bullets over Holy Wars.
Dave has this thing where he constructs some songs with parts I hate and parts that are fantastic, it's very frustrating, LOL

At Tout le Monde
Foreclosure of a dream

LOL at Dave never being able to top Metallica.
I agree that he and cliff were the best songwriters of Metallica,but I enjoy Metallica's first four more than Megadeth's first four.

But Rust in peace is truly phenomenal and its right up there with Metallica's best.

after that he just tried to copy whatever metallica did out of spite,to try and beat them,but that's just fucking lame as shit. When they met and had that cry session on that some kind of monster movie,i was just like jesus Christ fuckin grow up already.

Symphony of Destruction isn't so bad eh?
It has its moments,but man is it disappointing compared to Rust in peace.

"call him psychotron"

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? geez

At Tout le Monde
Foreclosure of a dream
Fans love A Tout le Monde.
I've always thought it was blech.
But there are a few songs I could stand never to hear again, at least live.
Example, I don't need to hear Peace Sells again.

I agree that he and cliff were the best songwriters of Metallica,but I enjoy Metallica's first four more than Megadeth's first four.

But Rust in peace is truly phenomenal and its right up there with Metallica's best.

after that he just tried to copy whatever metallica did out of spite,to try and beat them,but that's just fucking lame as shit. When they met and had that cry session on that some kind of monster movie,i was just like jesus Christ fuckin grow up already.
He didn't try to "copy" them.
He definitely must've hated watching them blow the fuck up nationally though.
And he's an egotist, so he was never gonna be satisfied with how successful he was if they had greater success.
In my opinion, he swore he was gonna put together a better band, and he did.
Lars is a mid tier drummer. James is excellent at rhythm.
Dave is better at leads, rhythm, and vocals- while- playing.

If I'm stealing players for my own band, James is the only player from Metallica I go with.

I always think it's interesting to see black folks and metal collide considering that, relatively speaking, there are very few black metal fans out there. And Holy Wars is one of the best metal songs of all time, so that's a great one to use to get exposed to Megadeth.

These guys apparently do a lot of music reaction videos, but they don't usually cover metal.

And I guess this girl is one of those relatively few black metal fans (although she didn't know who Dave Mustaine's name so . . . maybe she's a new metal fan?)

I was always partial to the Countdown to Extinction album. That was my introduction to Megadeth. Lots of good tracks on that album.

He didn't try to "copy" them.
He definitely must've hated watching them blow the fuck up nationally though.
And he's an egotist, so he was never gonna be satisfied with how successful he was if they had greater success.
In my opinion, he swore he was gonna put together a better band, and he did.
Lars is a mid tier drummer. James is excellent at rhythm.
Dave is better at leads, rhythm, and vocals- while- playing.

If I'm stealing players for my own band, James is the only player from Metallica I go with.
Hetfieled said recently that none of the guys in metallica now are really exceptional,they somehow make the music they do by working together...but Dave,and Cliff were exceptional musicians,its no wonder their best work was with those guys.

Fans love A Tout le Monde.
I've always thought it was blech.
Its kind of a corny song,like most of the stuff after rust in peace. His french is cringe worthy.
Anyway its all just a stripped down accessible version of what he did before...Its like 10% of what he has shown to be capable of.

Would have been a lot better if they reacted to Fatal Illusion. Its a lot more modern and has a great solo, riffage and lyrics.

would have been better if they listened to tornado of souls.

Going to see Megadeth at the Forum this weekend. Getting pumped now.

Good to see Hip Hop fans broadening their horizons. Swiss army blade, I can agree with that. I remember doing a speech about this song in High School. When my teacher saw the "Punishment Due" lyrics ("Upon my podium... holier-than-could-be messenger of God") she told me that was the voice of Satan.

Cryptic Writings is the album that hurt me with disappointment. but there are great tracks on that album.

the lyrics on this track are pure poetry to me

I like how they shit their pants during the groove riff in the Holy Wars intro. I did the same thing the first time I heard it.

You know you're my bud, but I couldn't disagree with you more right now. Not that marty isn't an amazing lead. Hell, Dave, Dave, Marty and Nick was the goat lineup.
That was the golden age of megadeth that line-up.
The 2 daves + friedman & Menza: RIP, CTE, Youth, Cryptic Writings (the weakest one of the bunch, but Trust is an amazing song)...
Also liked the early line-up with chris & gar.
here a very old clip of an interview when they were just starting out:

I saw Megadeth in 2001, 2004 and this summer 2017. They played very very tight and good seriously good sound.
Perfect show.

That was the golden age of megadeth that line-up.
The 2 daves + friedman & Menza: RIP, CTE, Youth, Cryptic Writings (the weakest one of the bunch, but Trust is an amazing song)...
Also liked the early line-up with chris & gar.
here a very old clip of an interview when they were just starting out:

I saw Megadeth in 2001, 2004 and this summer 2017. They played very very tight and good seriously good sound.
Perfect show.

I've seen them something like 14 times over the last 26 years. Loved them every time.

Back