Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2017 Official Thread

I bought Spider-Man Homecoming BluRay/DVD combo for $7 at Walmart after scanning the price after seeing the price on shelf was like $22. I saw it at Target for around $22 and scanned it to see it really was $22. Good thing I didn't buy it for $22 at Sam's Club weeks ago.

So I got the One S home, hooked it all up and did he update. Noticed the fan was pretty loud in comparison to the OG One went online and saw a bunch of people had the same problem with theirs. I took mine back to EBGames to get it exchanged and noticed the new one was a lot quieter but still pretty loud in comparison to the OG One.

This is just an idle on the home screen too. Nothing intensive. I heard it's cause they got cheap fans with cheap coils or bearings and cause the power supply is internal now.

Is this normal? I really don't wanna play hot potato with EB or RMA this fucker.

Should have not even bothered. Very disappointed.

So I got the One S home, hooked it all up and did he update. Noticed the fan was pretty loud in comparison to the OG One went online and saw a bunch of people had the same problem with theirs. I took mine back to EBGames to get it exchanged and noticed the new one was a lot quieter but still pretty loud in comparison to the OG One.

This is just an idle on the home screen too. Nothing intensive. I heard it's cause they got cheap fans with cheap coils or bearings and cause the power supply is internal now.

Is this normal? I really don't wanna play hot potato with EB or RMA this fucker.

Should have not even bothered. Very disappointed.

I upgraded to the S a couple of months ago and it's super quiet for me.

I upgraded to the S a couple of months ago and it's super quiet for me.

Weird, okay thanks. Asked one of my buddies and he said it's normal cause of the bigger vents and psu internally installed.

Well, fuck me, the sales on Android tablets were pretty much nonexistent. Best offered were these:
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab E 8.0" ($129 w/$25 Wal-Mart gift card)
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" ($179 w/$20 Target gift card)
They're trying to sell these Galaxy Tab S3's for $400, as Reroute pointed out above, but meanwhile Apple is slinging last year's iPad model for $299 regular (dropped from $329). The Android tablet market is a fucking joke.

I did see that the i7-7700K was marked down $62, but the link took me to a monitor, and no base price was quoted.

My Black Friday / Cyber Monday haul:
500gb Samsung SSD
2tb Seagate external HD
Two pairs of prescription glasses (one of them are prescription sunglasses !)

Altogether about 200 bucks, after that 50 dollar Amazon credit I forgot about. I have no idea how much in holiday savings, but I wanted all these things anyway and had budgeted 300 just for the ssd and hard drive, and that was without knowing about the gift card ... so my MMAth says I saved 150 bucks, and with a couple free pairs of glasses.

Well, fuck me, the sales on Android tablets were pretty much nonexistent. Best offered were these:
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab E 8.0" ($129 w/$25 Wal-Mart gift card)
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" ($179 w/$20 Target gift card)
They're trying to sell these Galaxy Tab S3's for $400, as Reroute pointed out above, but meanwhile Apple is slinging last year's iPad model for $299 regular (dropped from $329). The Android tablet market is a fucking joke.

I did see that the i7-7700K was marked down $62, but the link took me to a monitor, and no base price was quoted.
Cheapest I seen the 7700k was $290. I paid that price when they first came out. Monoprices eBay store is surprisingly becoming the place to go for Intel deals.
AMD cpu's and cases were the only things really on sale this year. I didn't pay attention to monitors or hdd's though.
I didn't even see case fans on sale, which is really weird.

Evil Within 2 - $20
Horizon - $20
AC: Origins - $35

Now I just have to find time to play any of them.

Cheapest I seen the 7700k was $290. I paid that price when they first came out. Monoprices eBay store is surprisingly becoming the place to go for Intel deals.
AMD cpu's and cases were the only things really on sale this year. I didn't pay attention to monitors or hdd's though.
I didn't even see case fans on sale, which is really weird.
Which AMD CPUs? Ryzen or the old shit? Nobody wants that old shit.

I was preoccupied throughout the weekend. I'm mostly oblivious to the sales that went down.

Which AMD CPUs? Ryzen or the old shit? Nobody wants that old shit.

I was preoccupied throughout the weekend. I'm mostly oblivious to the sales that went down.
Ryzen. AM3 prices are still holding their prices, which I don't understand. I've seen the 8350 drop to $80 but that's the lowest I've seen.
AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (4-cores/4-threads): $100, Amazon (save $10)
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X (4-cores/4-threads): $100, Amazon (save $29)
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 (4-cores/8-threads): $145, Amazon (save $24)
AMD Ryzen 5 1500X (4-cores/8-threads): $164, Amazon (save $25)
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (6-cores/12 threads): $190, Amazon (save $30)
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X (6-cores/12-threads): $200, Amazon (save $50)
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (8-cores/12-threads): $270, Amazon (save $59)
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8-cores/12-threads): $280, Amazon (save $119)
AMD Threadripper 1900X (8-cores/16-threads): $449, Amazon (save $100)
AMD Threadripper 1920X (12-cores/24-threads): $649, Amazon (save $150)
AMD Threadripper 1950X (16-cores/32-threads): $799, Amazon (save $200)

Ryzen. AM3 prices are still holding their prices, which I don't understand. I've seen the 8350 drop to $80 but that's the lowest I've seen.
AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (4-cores/4-threads): $100, Amazon (save $10)
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X (4-cores/4-threads): $100, Amazon (save $29)
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 (4-cores/8-threads): $145, Amazon (save $24)
AMD Ryzen 5 1500X (4-cores/8-threads): $164, Amazon (save $25)
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (6-cores/12 threads): $190, Amazon (save $30)
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X (6-cores/12-threads): $200, Amazon (save $50)
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (8-cores/12-threads): $270, Amazon (save $59)
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8-cores/12-threads): $280, Amazon (save $119)
AMD Threadripper 1900X (8-cores/16-threads): $449, Amazon (save $100)
AMD Threadripper 1920X (12-cores/24-threads): $649, Amazon (save $150)
AMD Threadripper 1950X (16-cores/32-threads): $799, Amazon (save $200)
Okay, I may have spoken too soon. That's a pretty sexy CPU at that price point. But I just remembered DDR3 RAM...

132.gif

Nah, fuck that.

Okay, I may have spoken too soon. That's a pretty sexy CPU at that price point. But I just remembered DDR3 RAM...

132.gif

Nah, fuck that.
At least it was affordable.
The cheapest 2x4gb kit on pcpartpicker is $85. Newegg has a 4 sku's, 8gb single or 2x4gb kits, under $80. Are you fucking kidding me? I have a G4560 and H110 board sitting here that I'd like to use, but I only have $90 in the CPU/mobo. I refuse to pay those prices for ram.
Optane memory sticks to replace ram are hitting Xeons next year, it might take a year to trickle down to consumers like us, but it will be interesting to see which mobo manufacturer offers support first.

I wish my sister-in-law wasn't someone who never fucking plans for anything. They ran into Staples and bought her some shitty computer because she "needed it that day". I had told her in the past that as her photography business accelerates she will need to invest in a high-end computer for editing, and that I would build it for free. This was a surprise to no one but her. She's been bogarting my brother's gaming comp for over a year despite that he bought her a $2000 MacBook Pro and a crappy desktop of her own (2 years ago), and he's sick of it.

Either that R7-1700X or TR-1950X deal would have been incredible for her.

Newegg still has them on sale. Some of the sku's aren't as good of a deal, but the 1700x is the same price. Frys had the r3-1200 for $87 which was an amazing deal. Black Friday/Cyber Monday was disappointing this year. RX580's and Vega 56's were on sale for the MSRP.

Newegg still has them on sale. Some of the sku's aren't as good of a deal, but the 1700x is the same price. Frys had the r3-1200 for $87 which was an amazing deal. Black Friday/Cyber Monday was disappointing this year. RX580's and Vega 56's were on sale for the MSRP.
Yeah, sure seemed like it sucked from the sales I was seeing. Too late for the Ryzen. They bought her that computer because she needed it that day. So she basically just upgraded her shitty AIO office computer to a newer, shitty AIO office computer.

SMFH.

Got need for speed payback decent game car list seems very short. I picked up a 2ds for my kid she will be stoked

Back