Locked BLACK PANTHER Thread V.2 (First Critics' Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I think about it, I wish Snipes was in this movie in some capacity.
I think it's f upped that he isn't. I watched all 3 Blades the past couple of weeks, and they're jus soooo solid. Unless they have plans for a Blade series on Netflix (hnnnggg) he should be given some of that Marvel money.

I think it's f upped that he isn't. I watched all 3 Blades the past couple of weeks, and they're jus soooo solid. Unless they have plans for a Blade series on Netflix (hnnnggg) he should be given some of that Marvel money.

If I had full control, Blade, starring Snipes, would lead a Marvel Supernatural push on Netflix.

Similar to the Defenders, you could do four shows with one culminating series.

Blade
Moonknight
Ghost Rider
Painkiller Jane

Throw in Brother VooDoo as the character to tie them all together in a John Constantine feel and you'd hit pure gold.

If I had full control, Blade, starring Snipes, would lead a Marvel Supernatural push on Netflix.

Similar to the Defenders, you could do four shows with one culminating series.

Blade
Moonknight
Ghost Rider
Painkiller Jane

Throw in Brother VooDoo as the character to tie them all together in a John Constantine feel and you'd hit pure gold.
Take my money.
Couldn't believe they didn't include Voodoo in Dr Strange

Take my money.
Couldn't believe they didn't include Voodoo in Dr Strange

Huge missed opportunity!

He's such an interesting character! I'd make him dingy and dirty and heavy Haitian influence.

Where Dr. Strange is at the peak of sorcery, VooDoo would be the Mr. Fixit of magic.

In this fantasy I'd make The Hood he main villain.

Played by:
latest

Huge missed opportunity!

He's such an interesting character! I'd make him dingy and dirty and heavy Haitian influence.

Where Dr. Strange is at the peak of sorcery, VooDoo would be the Mr. Fixit of magic.

In this fantasy I'd make The Hood he main villain.

Played by:
latest
The Hood as the main villain in the Netflix show would work, too. You could watch him climb the ranks of underground organized crime while Blade is fighting vamps on the other side of the story. Then introduce Moonight, Ghost Rider, Morbius shows, etc. once Hood gets that Cloak -- Team-Up!

The Hood as the main villain in the Netflix show would work, too. You could watch him climb the ranks of underground organized crime while Blade is fighting vamps on the other side of the story. Then introduce Moonight, Ghost Rider, Morbius shows, etc. once Hood gets that Cloak -- Team-Up!

See! This guy gets it!

Morbius 100% would need to be in it. You could have such a cool underground crime scene.

Fisk controls the legit crime and the Hood controls the supernatural crime.

Hell you could even have some spill over. The villains and the depth could be so incredibly interesting.

See! This guy gets it!

Morbius 100% would need to be in it. You could have such a cool underground crime scene.

Fisk controls the legit crime and the Hood controls the supernatural crime.

Hell you could even have some spill over. The villains and the depth could be so incredibly interesting.

Morbius should be an Anti-Hero; he only feeds on criminals he feels deserves to die. Imagine if Dracula turned the Punisher into a Vampire...

I have to say this..

The media has set back race as it relates to society, not actually progressed it. Snipes as blade wasn't some "big first" being a black superhero, he was just blade. Nobody cared. Ripley was the survivor in Alien in the damn 1970s. For the balance of my life, nobody really made a deal about her being a woman. It was a good movie, and that's it.

If THIS is what James Cameron was rambling about, I semi-understand; although I would not have used wonder woman as the example of a "set-back." But anyway, this movie is pandering. That marketing pandering has been creating divisiveness over the last 20 years.

not blade 3. I hated that movie .

1&2 are forever classic

After Spiderman: Homecoming, I'm officially over the Marvel movies.
I cant believe how much I liked that movie the first time I watched it and how dissapointed i was the 2nd time. I think there was TOO much MCU stuff in that movie. I still think I like the andrew garfield one the best sad to say.

I have to say this..

The media has set back race as it relates to society, not actually progressed it. Snipes as blade wasn't some "big first" being a black superhero, he was just blade. Nobody cared. Ripley was the survivor in Alien in the damn 1970s. For the balance of my life, nobody really made a deal about her being a woman. It was a good movie, and that's it.

If THIS is what James Cameron was rambling about, I semi-understand; although I would not have used wonder woman as the example of a "set-back." But anyway, this movie is pandering. That marketing pandering has been creating divisiveness over the last 20 years.

Do you honestly feel offended or uncomfortable by this? Serious question.

BTW, even if it is pandering (which I disagree) how does that affect you negatively? I'm sure it will be a great movie.

And on a final note, you can't make a BP film and not make it about his African origin and his country. Wakanda is as integral to the BP character as Gotham is to Batman or Atlantis to Aquaman/Namor.

Blade being black, Ripley being a woman etc. Those characters' ethnic and gender identities aren't integral to their stories unlike characters such as BP, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, WW, Lara Croft etc.

Do you honestly feel offended or uncomfortable by this? Serious question.

BTW, even if it is pandering (which I disagree) how does that affect you negatively? I'm sure it will be a great movie.

And on a final note, you can't make a BP film and not make it about his African origin and his country. Wakanda is as integral to the BP character as Gotham is to Batman or Atlantis to Aquaman/Namor.

Blade being black, Ripley being a woman etc. Those characters' ethnic and gender identities aren't integral to their stories unlike characters such as BP, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, WW, Lara Croft etc.

Right.. Their race or gender wasn't integral. Like it wasn't for a lot of people in real life when those things came out. The media creating outraged victims of injustice is setting us back.

I think the trailer looks good, and I actually enjoy seeing African Americans so excited about it. Honestly. But then I get sad a little that they have been brain washed into thinking a movie like this is some crazy breakthrough. That is the effect of a trick.

Now that I think about it, I wish Snipes was in this movie in some capacity.

Back in the early 90s, Snipes asked Marvel if he could do a Black Panther movie. They said NO!

I was hoping he could at least do a cameo.

I cant believe how much I liked that movie the first time I watched it and how dissapointed i was the 2nd time. I think there was TOO much MCU stuff in that movie. I still think I like the andrew garfield one the best sad to say.

The Amazing Spider-Man didn't appeal to me. I was lukewarm on it. Felt like it could have been good and that Garfield and Stone were pretty good, but overall it did not entice me and I felt it was like a retread of the origin film that Raimi directed only not nearly as good.

That said, I really enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Thought Garfield and Stone were very good and had great chemistry. They weren't as angsty and stuttering over their words while giving each other deep meaningful glances like they were in the first so that was an improvement.

DeHaan was quite good as Harry Osborn and I kind of liked that direction they went in where he thinks Spidey's blood can give him a new lease on life and starts going off the deep end when he won't be a party to that.

Electro was passably annoying but I at least really liked the Times Square sequence. Very tense and well done.

The stakes felt high in that final standoff with Goblin, Spider-Man and Stacey. It felt significant when she died because of the way Garfield and Stone made the two likable. Good sequence there too with Spider-Man trying to hold the gears with his foot while Goblin is trying to knife him.

Update: November 9, 2017

Awesome New Character Posters for Marvel's BLACK PANTHER

OsFjbuR.jpg

gjS9pIS.jpg

4WDyqs4.jpg

KpzWPdl.jpg

GaXqQgr.jpg

J2cILG1.jpg

GQdxk3Z.jpg

Gfj6cGx.jpg

IgKGHzx.jpg

F8MY8S4.jpg

goWiqOI.jpg

sorry brother but blade 3 is trash in every way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back