Locked BLACK PANTHER Thread V.2 (First Critics' Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
22539687_1543447852361138_7396841535672220132_n.jpg

I don't dislike Cheadle, but Terrence Howard was so much better as Rhodey.

Great pic though.

I don't dislike Cheadle, but Terrence Howard was so much better as Rhodey.

Great pic though.
I think it's funny because it looks like two fathers and two sons, with Don Cheadle as the bachelor carefree uncle. Fishburne/Mackie and Jackson/Boseman, for the record.

Update: December 11, 2017

International Trailer for BLACK PANTHER Offers Snippets of New Footage

Update: December 11, 2017

International Trailer for BLACK PANTHER Offers Snippets of New Footage

Music from that clip seemed a bit too western to me.

If Wakanda is supposed to be hidden for centuries, I would assume that they would have developed their own music, not influenced by US rock/R&B.

Since Wakanda is between Ethiopia and Kenya, it would have been cool if the soundtrack added some EthioJazz like

they are an isolationist country, not some magical hidden place. his father died at a UN event few, so they arre internationally recognized.

I have to say this..

The media has set back race as it relates to society, not actually progressed it. Snipes as blade wasn't some "big first" being a black superhero, he was just blade. Nobody cared. Ripley was the survivor in Alien in the damn 1970s. For the balance of my life, nobody really made a deal about her being a woman. It was a good movie, and that's it.

If THIS is what James Cameron was rambling about, I semi-understand; although I would not have used wonder woman as the example of a "set-back." But anyway, this movie is pandering. That marketing pandering has been creating divisiveness over the last 20 years.

You're wrong there. Blade being black and Ripley being female were a big deal. Ripley is a feminist icon.

The difference is it wasn't the age of digital information. No youtube, no twitter, no social media, no blogs. You weren't listening to everyone's thoughts and opinions for the entire year leading up to the movie. You saw the trailer, maybe read a review in your local paper, and went out and saw it.

they are an isolationist country, not some magical hidden place. his father died at a UN event few, so they arre internationally recognized.
They are a hidden city. Nobody knows how advanced they are or what their natural resources are (vibranium). They have UN representation, but nobody really knows what they're about. What they think they know is an illusion.

They are a hidden city. Nobody knows how advanced they are or what their natural resources are (vibranium). They have UN representation, but nobody really knows what they're about. What they think they know is an illusion.
So... they're like Iran?

Bomb them.

you know what I meant.

Word around the campfire is that BP will do extremely well. Might not break the Deadpool record for Feb, but it will have a super strong opening.

Reviews, whether good or bad, will probably sway it one way or the other.

Word around the campfire is that BP will do extremely well. Might not break the Deadpool record for Feb, but it will have a super strong opening.

Reviews, whether good or bad, will probably sway it one way or the other.

I think it'll do a little better than expected with it being the movie before Infinity War.

I think it'll do a little better than expected with it being the movie before Infinity War.
The end credit scene will have to trump all other end credit scenes. Thanos either gets word that the soul stone is in Wakanda, or he already knows and he's enroute to Wakanda. Like Infinity War will pick up where Black Panther drops off by mere seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back