Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

Looking at entire countries, Mauritius does alright. It's a fair step from there to Tunisia and then Gabon though.
Massive inequality is of course the defining problem.

Kenya and Botswana also do alright for themselves.
I was actually looking at taking a job in Kenya earlier this year.

In general though, the continent is still very much a work in progress, and pretty much always has been.

Thank Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia....and plenty of other advancements in math,engineering,etc that Europe took from.

Egypt, Bablyon, Sumeria, Mesopotamia. But in terms of taking older knowledge, and advancing it, a claim that 1% of Europeans were responsible for it entirely, I mean, asinine.

Before industrial revolution, European powers had already experienced the Renaissance, Age of Discovery and Age of Enlightenment. Africa was, well, Africa.
Tell them you've got free plane tickets to Wakanda for anyone renouncing their US/EU citizenship, they clearly don't appreciate Western civilization and blame white man for everything wrong in the world. Also they didn't invent anything or progress and nothing can be attributed to them, it was the Persians, Egypt and Mesapotamia!

CwWVPmz.gif

What of it there are more of them so I would expect the math to match

How convenient right? Just like politics too. Only see majority that ate Caucasian running for office, holding seats in the Senate. I'm sure not many minorities aren't trying to get into politics right?

There's always going to be a considerable intellectual and moral divide between creators and consumers of art: one that is increasingly becoming traced along partisan lines. We're seeing it more in the Trump era when actors, directors, musicians, and writers were, with some unanimity, decrying Trump and the Republicans were pulling the "stick to your job, moran, why would a celebrity know anything about POLITICS" as they vote for a tv show host.

I don’t know if you are familiar with WATCHMEN but that was basically a giant FUCK YOU to Nixon and Nixon era politics by Alan Moore.

This political stuff has been extremely common in the comic book realm

And I agree. It’s insane that people think that individuals with a platform should stay quiet. Why should they. With great power comes great responsibility. Uncle Ben said that

Egypt, Bablyon, Sumeria, Mesopotamia. But in terms of taking older knowledge, and advancing it, a claim that 1% of Europeans were responsible for it entirely, I mean, asinine.
I think he was talking about ground breaking things...like Issac Newton etc...people who really evolved things.

That sounds about right IMO.....1% or less of gifted humans usually change societies drastically in any culture, not just in europe.

I think he was talking about ground breaking things...like Issac Newton etc...people who really evolved things.

That sounds about right IMO.....1% or less of gifted humans usually change societies drastically in any culture, not just in europe.

Discoveries, no matter the field, are typically cumulative efforts. It's hardly ever one guy, out of nowhere, making a foundational insight.

The man you used as an example, Newton. He did not just make his discoveries out of nowhere. Numerous other well known scientists worked with him, corresponded their work with him, and hell, some might claim he even stole from them (Hooke, cough cough).

The luminaries shine the brightest, but their not often the only people in a field pushing it forward, and not by a long shot. That is the entire point of competition.

Discoveries, no matter the field, are typically cumulative efforts. It's hardly ever one guy, out of nowhere, making a foundational insight.

The man you used as an example, Newton. He did not just make his discoveries out of nowhere. Numerous other well known scientists worked with him, corresponded their work with him, and hell, some might claim he even stole from them (Hooke, cough cough).

The luminaries shine the brightest, but their not often the only people in a field pushing it forward, and not by a long shot. That is the entire point of competition.

Well he did say "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."......So I see what you are saying, obviously Europe had the institutions like schools/teachers/books/etc to groom somebody like Issac to reach full potential.

Well he did say "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."......So I see what you are saying, obviously Europe had the institutions like schools/teachers/books/etc to groom somebody like Issac to reach full potential.

I would say his work was more self reliant than most. The knowledge he achieved with the simple act of cloistering himself in his home to escape plague might be one of the most astounding feats of intelligence in the history of humanity.

But, as in any field, he did indeed rest upon the shoulders of giants, and unknown to him, upon the poorly evolved joints of giants.

Boring/10.

How is the suburbs treating you?

Also, please don't quote my posts just to troll like you always do. At the very least spam a gif my way. My city and rob ford are responsible for your entire posting career.

Tell them you've got free plane tickets to Wakanda for anyone renouncing their US/EU citizenship, they clearly don't appreciate Western civilization and blame white man for everything wrong in the world. Also they didn't invent anything or progress and nothing can be attributed to them, it was the Persians, Egypt and Mesapotamia!

CwWVPmz.gif

Or a long laborious endeavor by numerous peoples and civilizations, both by competition and cooperation, over thousands of years.

Does it really have to be

"White men never did shit!!"

vs.

"White men are the only ones who ever did shit!!"

??????

That seems to roundly be the sentiment here.

I don’t know if you are familiar with WATCHMEN but that was basically a giant FUCK YOU to Nixon and Nixon era politics by Alan Moore.

This political stuff has been extremely common in the comic book realm

And I agree. It’s insane that people think that individuals with a platform should stay quiet. Why should they. With great power comes great responsibility. Uncle Ben said that

Sometimes shutting up is the responsible thing to do. You're American, so I wouldn't expect you to understand - if you guys recognised the occasional, inherent sensibility of minding your own business, the Middle East might not be quite the shithole that it is.

Wrong, bud

I saw “Think Like a Man” 1 and 2 in theaters and black people around me provided me with one of the best movie experiences I’ve had....felt like I should have paid double for admission. Will need to see Black Panther in a theater full of black people for full effect

How convenient right? Just like politics too. Only see majority that ate Caucasian running for office, holding seats in the Senate. I'm sure not many minorities aren't trying to get into politics right?

you know they dont let poor white people play either ? How many mother fuckers in dc you think grew up in a trailer park ? Poor people in america get marginalized all the time and I agree it sucks.

Who would have known this movie would receive such negative feedback of "not racist" types?

Last edited:
Then put your money where your mouth is and move to Africa if you are so unhappy with the way things went recently. Don't forget to send us all postcards and daily details of your life while you're over there. White pride is as much of a fantasy as Wakanda. Sadly in your head both are real. One flew over the cuckoo's nest..
How anyone liked this post is beyond me.

On my facebook feed is a lot of black people wearing traditional Africian garb to the showing of the Black Panther movie. These people are not from this culture and have never even visited Africa. Who knows if are even representing the culture they think they are. Should they be doing this? Why is this oK?
You should probably ask the specific African culture.

Back