Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

I actually had a feeling this would happen and i do think it's good but i hope this gives a sense of pride to the african-american community more because i think they could use a good dose of pride in their culture.

Great civilizations are initially inspired by great ideas and beautiful fantasies.

The West as we know it can trace its roots to ancient Greek philosophers fetishizing reason & logic.

Many amazing inventions today were fantasies of science fiction that inspired innovators to manifest them to physical reality.

Nothing wrong with people in Africa being inspired by a fantasy about African wealth and glory.

Someday, maybe soon, it will be a reality and this movie will have something to do with it.

I don't understand how you wouldn't want that to happen.
Being inspired is one thing, but being proud of a fictional universe is another. If anything it illustrate the hopelessness when this is the bright spot.

Calm down Ben Shapiro.

Many black people enjoying the movie articulate their reason for enjoying it so much- that it's a great fantasy that would be fantastic if it were true.
Maybe I'm just being a negative sourpuss, but thinking a fictional movie is a rebuke to Trump's "shithole" comment isn't exactly logical.

Today: "We feel so inspired and united as a people by this movie."

Next week: New genocide

If it lends their "spirit" a hand up and sparks something good I say make many more. Fantasies boost all sorts of peoples pride and motivation. From thousands of years old books telling folks they're the chosen people, to mothers lying to their kids and saying they're special, as long as they buy into the bs it's "all's well that ends well" as far as I'm concerned. A bit of a morale boost is a good thing.

Last edited:
Being inspired is one thing, but being proud of a fictional universe is another. If anything it illustrate the hopelessness when this is the bright spot.

Maybe I'm just being a negative sourpuss, but thinking a fictional movie is a rebuke to Trump's "shithole" comment isn't exactly logical.

It's hopeful to dream of something much better when current things are dark.

The Renaissance fermented in the European Dark Ages, did it not? And look how far those fantasies pushed us forward.

As far as the "pride" in this movie- it comes from the triumph of an all-black cast and an all-black production team making a high-quality, box-office-hit movie for the first time in history.

Yea cuz a black dude has never been cast as a hero or the lead in a major movie or anything before .. its all so new and exciting. I musta dreamed of danny glover being too old for this shit and eddie murphy not falling for bananas in tail pipes , and will smith welcoming aliens to earth and blade suplexing dudes through the floor

And Gary Coleman lording over an octogenarian

... and you brain dead numbnuts say the American Media doesn't have any real influence in the World. America is your Leader, kneel before thee.

You know your life sucks when you are bitching over how excited a group of people got over finally being represented in a positive light.

Like... This is the exact reason why we cant have shit. Cause bitch assed mother fuckers gotta remind us of our place in this society.

Fuck you and your entire bloodline, I hope you slip and fall in the kitchen and crack your skull open on a corner cabinet.

You know your life sucks when you are bitching over how excited a group of people got over finally being represented in a positive light.

Like... This is the exact reason why we cant have shit. Cause bitch assed mother fuckers gotta remind us of our place in this society.

Fuck you and your entire bloodline, I hope you slip and fall in the kitchen and crack your skull open on a corner cabinet.

I personally blame mayonnaise for whiteys attitude towards Black Panther.

The movie looks pretty awful. I would rather watch a Thor or Avengers movie although I'm not that desparate. The first 2 Xmen and Spiderman films are the only marvel movies I can stomach. Adding political motivation to the mix and I really must avoid.

I didn't watch it, and have no plans to either, because it doesn't look like something I like. Which is the case of dam near most of the superhero movies.

A lot of people were effusive with praise for Logan, but I thought it was decent, rather than the fantastic movie everyone was making it out to be. Don't see what's so great about Captain America, Thor and Deadpool either. And IronMan looks so cliched and corny.

Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and X-Men origins: Wolverine are the superhero movies I liked.

Yea cuz a black dude has never been cast as a hero or the lead in a major movie or anything before .. its all so new and exciting. I musta dreamed of danny glover being too old for this shit and eddie murphy not falling for bananas in tail pipes , and will smith welcoming aliens to earth and blade suplexing dudes through the floor
I was going to make a blade comment, but this is better.

Agreed.

MV5BMTkxNzI3ODI4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjkwMjY4MjE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

{<jordan}{<jordan}

Still not compared how many white roles there has been. Don't play dumb.

Africans from Africa need "representation" from American movies? Bitch they have entire countries all to themselves. If anything it's embarrassing they're letting another nation's culture dictate how they think.

<{dayum}>

wouldnt be surprised if this is a publicity stunt.

since when is marvel a huge hit in south africa?

Back