Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

I think it's great that people can take pride in themselves and create heroic stories to emulate.

However, I believe that all movies nowadays are done purely with the net profit in mind, so I don't really put much stock in them, as far as being able to accomplish that feat.

I think both sides are acting a bit silly here. I find it odd that blackness is being celebrated while whiteness being talked about negatively in media. I thought we were getting over race, not trying to focus on it?

I also find it odd that some people are getting so upset about black people enjoying a movie focused towards them.

I guess I just hate the double standard in allowing people to celebrate their race

Do you just categorically not like, or consider to be gimmicky, any film with black actors or black directors?

Like....Barbershop is both a good film and a black film perfectly packaged for white consumption, with its "black folks need to stop blaming the white man and take personal responsibility for themselves" motifs.
I swear to god, that movie completely destroyed Rosa Parks' reputation by people who took that seriously. Sickening.

both sides

JPmBvto.png

I liked the movie. It was a good movie. I understand why black Americans feel the way they do about Africa. Even though I have spent enough time with Africans and know how cruel they can be towards black Americans. I thought Andy Serkis was amazing in his role and I hope he comes back to the MCU as another character. Chadwick was great, sort of expected more from Jordan. I really thought the film could have been deeper if it really dove in to the “abandonment/betrayal” theme.

Like if Killmonger actually called out Africans for knowingly selling tens of millions of their own people for 300 years, abandoning them to suffer in the new world, how wakanda is a continuation of the African mentality against American blacks. But that probably was too serious and wasn’t fit for a superhero movie.

That being said, I am excited to see the black panther take over a leadership role of the avengers (Downey is probably going to get a well deserved “retirement “ from the MCU). I want to see an epic infinity wars.

I liked the movie. It was a good movie. I understand why black Americans feel the way they do about Africa. Even though I have spent enough time with Africans and know how cruel they can be towards black Americans. I thought Andy Serkis was amazing in his role and I hope he comes back to the MCU as another character. Chadwick was great, sort of expected more from Jordan. I really thought the film could have been deeper if it really dove in to the “abandonment/betrayal” theme.

Like if Killmonger actually called out Africans for knowingly selling tens of millions of their own people for 300 years, abandoning them to suffer in the new world, how wakanda is a continuation of the African mentality against American blacks. But that probably was too serious and wasn’t fit for a superhero movie.

That being said, I am excited to see the black panther take over a leadership role of the avengers (Downey is probably going to get a well deserved “retirement “ from the MCU). I want to see an epic infinity wars.

Good post. Top to bottom.

Also hope BP takes a leadership role. Stark's a douche and BP has, in my opinion, personified honour and nobility more consistently than even Cap America in the comics.

Also, anyone else notice how the Wakanda leader shut down the idea of opening their borders and bringing in refugees like other countries because “it would destroy our way of life and bring their problems with them”

And the solution was to do outreach and education programs in the troubled areas?

A sensible conservative idea there getting support from this movie, from those of you over politicizing this anyway

Last edited:
Also, anyone else notice how the Wakanda leader shut down the idea of opening their borders and bringing in refugees like other countries because “it would destroy our way of life and bring their problems with them”

And the solution was to do outreach and education programs in the troubled areas?

A sensible conservative idea there getting support from this movie, from those of you over politicizing this anyway

Make Wakanda Great Again!:)

27336633_10215430923231372_8482162735256529348_n.jpg

Last edited:
I guess it should not be shocking anymore to see the Crocodile tears when anything but white western culture is celebrated.

The same folks crying 'why' have eaten up Hollywood extreme america and West based jingoism being fed to them for decades and you never hear a complaint then. the fuck ya Murica pride as average joe's over come extreme odds to beat back foreign invaders often portrayed as savages terrestrial or not. Fuck ya Murica. And nothing wrong with that. Whip up some Nationalism and pride.

As Hollywood's demographic changes that pandering is now shifting and those prior on the sole receiving end now cry that they are forced to see others now enjoying the jingoism and pandering. "How dare they pander to others now!', lol.

Such a joke.

Token black guy as the leader? Oh Disney...<{outtahere}>

I guess it should not be shocking anymore to see the Crocodile tears when anything but white western culture is celebrated.

The same folks crying 'why' have eaten up Hollywood extreme america and West based jingoism being fed to them for decades and you never hear a complaint then. the fuck ya Murica pride as average joe's over come extreme odds to beat back foreign invaders often portrayed as savages terrestrial or not. Fuck ya Murica. And nothing wrong with that. Whip up some Nationalism and pride.

As Hollywood's demographic changes that pandering is now shifting and those prior on the sole receiving end now cry that they are forced to see others now enjoying the jingoism and pandering. "How dare they pander to others now!', lol.

Such a joke.

Who is really crying about it though, as if it offends them deeply? A few morons?

The movie just made nine trillion kagillion dollars over the weekend, the response has been overwhelmingly positive, but yet, all I hear is how racist America just can't accept change.

I think the supposed backlash to this movie, has been completely overblown. Almost as if was manufactured, to create controversy, and give the movie more press.

Back