Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

What does this information tell you about American movie audiences???

It tells me that it pays off to find some narrative to market to libtard bleeding hearts.

Some bullshit angle angle like

“Finally we can watch a super hero movie staring a black or female actor”

As such we can now unfortunately look forward to our first ever mexican trans female super hero in the near future.

Because we have taught hollywood marketing that the more “victim” cards you can push in your movie the more money you make.

That the DC movies are horrible and BP rode the SJW train to success. Both movies were good though and deserve praise.

Goku is an alien so I didn't really care that a white dude played him. I cared that the white dude couldn't act to save his life
Figures a dork like you would watch a dragon ball z movie

I think it's a wake-up call to Hollywood. I mean it wasn't long ago we got a whitewashed movie about Egyptians and Israelites. We got a white Goku in a Dragonball z movie.
So what is your presumption? That films needed fewer white men or more blacks/women to succeed commercially?

The sobering truth is that the opposite has historically been true. Black actors and films with heavily black casts historically haven't done well at all, and that includes with the black demographic itself, here, which was never as avid a film-going base. Tyler Perry and his films is an example of some of the only exceptions, and Big Mama had a shelf life. Hollywood has actively pushed against business metrics and their indications for a long time, here, in their activist pursuit.

Things may be changing, but the prime correlation with DC-based success is that the better films (as rated on IMDb, CinemaScore, by critics, or anywhere, really) have done better in the long term. The inferior films have done very well in the opening weekend, and then tailed off hard.

After all, this all depends on how far you go back. Those "whiteashed movies about Egyptians and Israelities" include films like Ben-Hur which was one of the most successful commercial (and critical) movies in history at the point it was released. At one point the white-faced sand and sandal genre was the undisputed ROI ruler at the box office (like horror, today).

If this movie had been a better or more entertaining film from an artistic point of view I think things would have gotten moving along quite a bit sooner...

large_txpD3pRJ6HhiLm6lHUoumn8Mx51.jpg

If anything it tells us theres still a bunch of insecure white males who feel threatened at the sight of other races n sexes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put there heads down or cross the street entirely at the sight of a black person.

You dont like black panther ?

Dont watch it.

You dont like wonder woman ?

Dont watch it.

I watched both, enjoyed both and didn't feel threatened at all.

And if you do feel threatened, feel free to go watch any other of the millions of movies that star only white people.

If anything it tells us theres still a bunch of insecure white males who feel threatened at the sight of other races n sexes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put there heads down or cross the street entirely at the sight of a black person.

You dont like black panther ?

Dont watch it.

You dont like wonder woman ?

Dont watch it.

I watched both, enjoyed both and didn't feel threatened at all.

And if you do feel threatened, feel free to go watch any other of the millions of movies that star only white people.
I felt threatened by Ares's cliche performance and generic lines at the end of WW.

Now I lower my head and duck across the street whenever I see bad acting in a suit of armor walking down the street.

The paying audience is getting more diverse and that means when you include a more diverse cast or viewing options you will get a bigger audience as you draw from more demographics??

The paying audience is getting more diverse and that means when you include a more diverse cast or viewing options you will get a bigger audience as you draw from more demographics??

Thank you.

How, exactly, does it tell us that?

So what is your presumption? That films needed fewer white men or more blacks/women to succeed commercially?

The sobering truth is that the opposite has historically been true. Black actors and films with heavily black casts historically haven't done well at all, and that includes with the black demographic itself, here, which was never as avid a film-going base. Tyler Perry and his films is an example of some of the only exceptions, and Big Mama had a shelf life. Hollywood has actively pushed against business metrics and their indications for a long time, here, in their activist pursuit.

Things may be changing, but the prime correlation with DC-based success is that the better films (as rated on IMDb, CinemaScore, by critics, or anywhere, really) have done better in the long term. The inferior films have done very well in the opening weekend, and then tailed off hard.

After all, this all depends on how far you go back. Those "whiteashed movies about Egyptians and Israelities" include films like Ben-Hur which was one of the most successful commercial (and critical) movies in history at the point it was released. At one point the white-faced sand and sandal genre was the undisputed ROI ruler at the box office (like horror, today).
Come on bro, Ben Hurt was 1959

Exodus: gods and Kings was this decade and it wasn't exactly a blockbuster.

It tells me that it pays off to find some narrative to market to libtard bleeding hearts.

Some bullshit angle angle like

“Finally we can watch a super hero movie staring a black or female actor”

As such we can now unfortunately look forward to our first ever mexican trans female super hero in the near future.

What's wrong with that?

I think it's a wake-up call to Hollywood. I mean it wasn't long ago we got a whitewashed movie about Egyptians and Israelites. We got a white Goku in a Dragonball z movie.

Or the main cast of the Last Airbender all having to be white because no one would watch the movie otherwise right?

Come on bro, Ben Hurt was 1959

Exodus: gods and Kings was this decade and it wasn't exactly a blockbuster.
And did you see a sequel? No.
Are you going to see a sequel for Wonder Woman and Black Panther? Yes and yes.

It's as simple as that.

I don't have to go that far back. It's just that Ben-Hur was the highest grossing film in history at the point it was released. Culturally appropriated IP didn't stop being profitable. Your question is just so arbitrary. It's like me saying, "Wonder Woman wasn't the highest grossing film last year. What does that tell you about American movie audiences?"

Frankly, these grosses tell one more about the current politics of film studios, the disappearance of middle-budget movies at the box office due to the rise of Netflix/streaming, and the decline of the era in which starpower reigned (now it's about franchising, not individual actors, as your prime marketing incentive). It speaks to changing tastes between those older generations and the newer Millennial/GenZ generations, too.

Look at last year's Top 10 grossing movies, domestically. Six of them are comic book movies, one is an animation, one is a CGI-heavy retelling of a Disney classic, and the leader is a Star Wars film. Only a single film had a budget under $75m. People don't leave their home theaters except for spectacle, now: special effect bonanzas and the like. Meanwhile, these special effects movies are entirely controlled and manufactured by far-left Hollywood liberals captaining the major film studios, now, who have embraced activism in their casting.

Do I think it matters one bit, commercially, if they swapped in an actor as white as the driven snow to play Heimdall (as written) instead of Idris Elba? Absolutely not. But I don't think the American audiences much care that the character was blackwashed, either. Simultaneously, I see that there is a more robust market and appetite for these mini-franchises to be headlined by women or minorities than ever before.

That's what I'm reading in the tea leaves.

it says mainly that people (studios, fans) will pay obsene amounts of money for merely moderate quality products

How, exactly, does it tell us that?

The fact that people complain about a black or woman super hero perhaps?

Why are you upset about those things ?

Back