Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

The fact that people complain about a black or woman super hero perhaps?

Why are you upset about those things ?
StrawMan2.jpg

3d-projection-filters-big.jpg

I like when people bring up the Last Airbender and how it was apparently whitewashed...

you mean the 2 white characters? virtually every other character was a visible minority....seriously look at the IMDB full cast, 2 of the first 20 names are white.

yet Heimdahl and that Valkyrie chick seem to exist in Norse environments with zero issues, right?

if it's not absolutely crucial and the SOLE defining quality of a character (which only in SJW land is that a thing), who gives a shit about the ethnicity of the actor. IT'S CALLED ACTING ffs

What's wrong with that?

So many fucking reasons.

- stories driven with political social agendas typically suck and come across as preachy
- there was never a problem with neither woman nor blacks being under represented in aactions movies
- if i preach the narrative that amy one group is being held back or misrepresented or discriminated against, that group will believe that narrative without proof which ends up causing problems and strife where none existed before my false narrative. (Think long and hard on this point because this is wxactly why race relations have broken down in the past few years)
- over compensating by casting minorities or i should say the bullshit that is called “affirmative action” hurts everyone.

Put it this way. If 12 percent of the population is black then the reprentatuon of blacks in movies should be? 12 percent. If you forcably increase that number then you are now discriminating against everyone else and you are also allowing blacks to aquire jobs or roles in film not based off of merit or skill.

If not even 1 percent of the population is a female mexican trans then we likely dont need a fucking movie based around 1 percent or less of the population.

This is all clearly bullshit narrative used to cater to the left’s morality as wonderwoman and ghostbusters were each applauded for strong female roles and this was pushed heavily by the studio to help increase awarness and drive sales

You know? Marketing.

But then a great movie like annihilation that had an all female cast complete with lesbians and the like was all but ignored because...marketing.

And it was a decent movie because the script didnt drive it down your throat with queef jokes and the like. Or in star wars case, over compensating an inferiority complex by having your protagonist be a mary sue.

So many fucking reasons.

- stories driven with political social agendas typically suck and come across as preachy
- there was never a problem with neither woman nor blacks being under represented in aactions movies
- if i preach the narrative that amy one group is being held back or misrepresented or discriminated against, that group will believe that narrative without proof which ends up causing problems and strife where none existed before my false narrative. (Think long and hard on this point because this is wxactly why race relations have broken down in the past few years)
- over compensating by casting minorities or i should say the bullshit that is called “affirmative action” hurts everyone.

Put it this way. If 12 percent of the population is black then the reprentatuon of blacks in movies should be? 12 percent. If you forcably increase that number then you are now discriminating against everyone else and you are also allowing blacks to aquire jobs or roles in film not based off of merit or skill.

If not even 1 percent of the population is a female mexican trans then we likely dont need a fucking movie based around 1 percent or less of the population.

This is all clearly bullshit narrative used to cater to the left’s morality as wonderwoman and ghostbusters were each applauded for strong female roles and this was pushed heavily by the studio to help increase awarness and drive sales

You know? Marketing.

But then a great movie like annihilation that had an all female cast complete with lesbians and the like was all but ignored because...marketing.

And it was a decent movie because the script didnt drive it down your throat with queef jokes and the like. Or in star wars case, over compensating an inferiority complex by having your protagonist be a mary sue.
Why do you hate black people and women?

People go see movies they're interested in. Obviously, it shows people were interested in seeing these movies. Cool thread though.

So many fucking reasons.

This is not true at all. There are tons of movies pushing social agendas that are excellent. Some recent examples off the top of my head:

Hidden Figures
Get Out
Black Panther
I Am Not Your Negro

Yes. Yes there was. Sheesh dude, learn your history.

Again, read your history.

It's not overcompensating so much as minorities finally getting movie roles. This is a good thing.

I don't see you complaining about all the whitewashing in Hollywood that has taken place for your entire lifetime. But now that a few minorities are getting roles its "affirmative action". Lol got it.

Would you say it's at 12 percent right now or under that? What about historically?

This is a really stupid argument. What percentage of the population are talking bears (Paddington), androids (Blade Runner) or whatever the fuck Tommy Wiseau is (The Disaster Artist)?

One movie about a transsexual isn't going to change the fact that most films feature white male protagonists. So calm down.

You know? Marketing.

Ghostbusters sucked. Wonder Woman was great. The audience responded appropriately.

For the record Annihilation had people crying about a "leftist agenda", "SJWs", etc. People that sound just like you're sounding now. Also this movie undermines the rest of your post.

None of this explains why a movie about a Mexican transsexual is a threat to you or something that shouldn't exist. Could be fascinating.

Or the main cast of the Last Airbender all having to be white because no one would watch the movie otherwise right?

The sad part is they didn't realize that no one would watch the movie because for some unknown reason they changed shit that didn't need to be changes.

You know what's not cooler than people who can use elemental powers to fight? Forcing them to do some ridiculous dance to use their powers.

Am i the only one who is moderately angry at Blade and Blade 2 being ignored as great superhero movies with a black lead?

Or were they not considered superhero movies? Blade 2 kicked ass visually.

Am i the only one who is moderately angry at Blade and Blade 2 being ignored as great superhero movies with a black lead?

Or were they not considered superhero movies? Blade 2 kicked ass visually.
You're right, but it's also a different context altogether. BLACK PANTHER supersedes BLADE because it was made with such emphasis during a zeitgeist that demanded it.

BLADE didn't need to make that big of a deal, and lesby-honest: either one is a better film.

You're right, but it's also a different context altogether. BLACK PANTHER supersedes BLADE because it was made with such emphasis during a zeitgeist that demanded it.

BLADE didn't need to make that big of a deal, and lesby-honest: either one is a better film.

How did society degrade to the point where black panther is suddenly seen as a big deal yet blade wasnt?

When coming to america came out in 1988...huge comedy very popular staring a mostly black cast while depicting a positive africa...why wasnt this a big deal???

Why didnt we feel a need to make a big deal out of it?

Oh yeah... liberal media hadnt created a false narrative of black oppression in movies back then.

They were marketed very well, not to mention ticket prices are absurd now a Days.. I think WW was a cool fun movie. I thought Black Panther was good not great. I felt the actual hero is bland as are his powers. I may sound harsh, but the coolest character was white and was killed off too soon. I don’t watch movies or read books, or listen to music for the social justice. I watch to be entertained. If the movie has an all black cast and is awesome, so be it.

Oh yeah... liberal media hadnt created a false narrative of black oppression in movies back then.
No, that's something you're making up now to yourself.

How did society degrade to the point where black panther is suddenly seen as a big deal yet blade wasnt?

Sit down, partner! Let me tell you a story you're already in! See, without the internet this great thought of yours would have stopped with you, until someone was willing to listen.

In that intervening time, you may give your thought more thought, and maybe come to another conclusion. Something beyond a kneejerk reaction.

See, before the internet made people's opinions INSTANTANEOUSLY communicated, people gave thought to what they were about to say; people considered how their declarations would be received. It didn't just pour out of their brains unfiltered.

This is when BLADE came out. It wasn't as though it was completely ignored that Wesley Snipes was a huge part of what was going on, because Blacks were underrepresented. Just like they are now. It was a big deal. It just wasn't as big a deal as BLACK PANTHER.

What's different is the speed of kneejerk reactions, which brook kneejerk reactions, which brook kneejerk reactions. You're about fourth, down the line. But, had you stopped to consider what you were saying, you may have been first with an original thought.

And we all lived happily ever after.

blade 1 and 2 are straight up exponentially better than Black Panther

particularly the fight scenes and choreography, it's not even remotely close

then my dude Wes had to go to jail over not paying taxes for said movie, so not only did he not benefit from the SJW ness of the current time, he literally went to jail for it hahahahah

damn son

If this movie had been a better or more entertaining film from an artistic point of view I think things would have gotten moving along quite a bit sooner...

large_txpD3pRJ6HhiLm6lHUoumn8Mx51.jpg
Don't care. I still loved it.
cartoon was better thought

No, that's something you're making up now to yourself.

Sit down, partner! Let me tell you a story you're already in! See, without the internet this great thought of yours would have stopped with you, until someone was willing to listen.

In that intervening time, you may give your thought more thought, and maybe come to another conclusion. Something beyond a kneejerk reaction.

See, before the internet made people's opinions INSTANTANEOUSLY communicated, people gave thought to what they were about to say; people considered how their declarations would be received. It didn't just pour out of their brains unfiltered.

This is when BLADE came out. It wasn't as though it was completely ignored that Wesley Snipes was a huge part of what was going on, because Blacks were underrepresented. Just like they are now. It was a big deal. It just wasn't as big a deal as BLACK PANTHER.

What's different is the speed of kneejerk reactions, which brook kneejerk reactions, which brook kneejerk reactions. You're about fourth, down the line. But, had you stopped to consider what you were saying, you may have been first with an original thought.

And we all lived happily ever after.

I still dont think blacks were under represented at any time in my life time in hollywood.

For you to prove othwrwise you would have to show me numbers that they were grossly under represented based off of their population represented.

Or do you believe that a population representing 12 percent deserves to be represented in more than 12 percent of film roles?

I still dont think blacks were under represented at any time in my life time in hollywood.

For you to prove othwrwise you would have to show me numbers that they were grossly under represented based off of their population represented.

Or do you believe that a population representing 12 percent deserves to be represented in more than 12 percent of film roles?
That's your stance? 12%?

And so you want some number, in order to accept the idea that people felt Blacks were cinematically underrepresented in 1991? Do I need to count each Froot Loop in order to calculate how sugary it tastes?

Come on, son. What would Superman say?

That's your stance? 12%?

And so you want some number, in order to accept the idea that people felt Blacks were cinematically underrepresented in 1991? Do I need to count each Froot Loop in order to calculate how sugary it tastes?

Come on, son. What would Superman say?

No you just have to factually prove that blacks were under represented drastically compared to their population representation.

And since we both know you cant, then i guess your non fact based assumption of under representation in entertainment is based purely off of feels.

Which i have no use for

Back